Why do people smoke!

I guess this starts off as some show-off to others and then they cant stop inhaling one or two daily. I have seen many ppl who wants to stop this, but still they cant... Why do they pollute the air... What does they get from smoking.. I m sure nothing.. they wil say, u've to smoke atleast once to know the feeling blah blah... I know people who hav stopped after their college days too... If thats so, ok fine, but there are some people who still go on smoking publicly.. I really wonder what they do they gain from it!..... :hap5:

closed2ur0.gif

It's easy to say stop smoking to a heavy smoker, I know one, he wanted to quit, he almost did for 2 months until he got his hands on a ciggy. It went all downhill from there. For the whole 2 months he was whining about how badly he wanted to smoke lol, once you start it's just not easy to stop, it's some sort of heavy addiction I guess, only smokers would know the feeling and I am not one :/

Well..

I dont see how its an addiction.

I have smoked a few cigarettes, its just a "soothing" feeling to say the least. Much like hookah, but stronger.

I liked it a lot, but I knew I didnt want to continue smoking. So never really kept smoking.

My friends smoke once in a while too. Its not a big deal.

Smokes are quite a stress reliever actually.

My friend, who had a huge break-up with his Gf, had some 15 ciggies in a day.. (He usually had like 1 in 3 days)...

Same issue, When I had a really huge fight with my gf, I smoked 3..

So what im trying to says .. Its becoz of the girls :p.... (In every aspect..)

To look cool in front of them, to look like a "bad boy", to relieve stress after a fight ... What not.. No jokes.. seriously...

its' more like smthing u do when u have nothin else to do.....eer...nothin else u want to do...& it feels .... pleasent . . .like.. u know i smoke only during my exams...ofc not during my exams ... but the night before the exams...

Would be tired of studying the useless syllabus prescribed by the Bangalore University...but at the same time...want to score smthing..;)

So ... instead of studying ... i game for smtime & then smoke a cig or 2..then study for some time...(cycle repeats..) ..

But tats it..i dont smoke during other days...lol..

AFAIK....u addict yoself if u dont know how to control your senses..lol..tats all i can say..

Cigs..lol!!! I quite agree with bluediamond about how people start smoking, they do it for show off, trying to look bigger than their age!!! in fact, i dont really think the addiction comes from the taste or whatsoever, i think its that you have smoked so much that you simply cant bear to see a cig in another person's hands..you have to have one!! thats it, i suppose!!!

if ever i have to smoke in my life, it will be natural stuff..seriously! :p :p :p

umm... yeah its ...peer pressure at the start ..all my friends were doing it so i started ... then went to hostel and wanted to test my freedom , umm then had the bad boy effect rolling so continued smoking ... smoked too much then up to 1 packet a day then came back home , started work , cut down to 6 a day and none on weekends .

i dont crave smokes when i am at home because i love my pc too much to go away from it . depends on hobby and will power in the end .

bluediamond said:
Why do they pollute the air...
I hate it wen ppl say that. You have the right to say it if you dont own a car or never travelled by a rickshaw/ taxi etc.
Smoking ciggs == stress reliever. Enough Said.

Well..

I dont see how its an addiction.

I have smoked a few cigarettes, its just a "soothing" feeling to say the least. Much like hookah, but stronger.

I liked it a lot, but I knew I didnt want to continue smoking. So never really kept smoking.

My friends smoke once in a while too. Its not a big deal.

Smokes are quite a stress reliever actually.

My friend, who had a huge break-up with his Gf, had some 15 ciggies in a day.. (He usually had like 1 in 3 days)...

Same issue, When I had a really huge fight with my gf, I smoked 3..

So what im trying to says .. Its becoz of the girls .... (In every aspect..)

To look cool in front of them, to look like a "bad boy", to relieve stress after a fight ... What not.. No jokes.. seriously...

no wonder girls leave such boys then... doesn't it really gives a hint that the boys were weak enuf to support on cigs for overcoming the struggles/stress in life!!!

no offence meant to u ppl....

Smoking ciggs == stress reliever. Enough Said.

true enuf.. but is it the only stress reliever option... why do u opt to chose the bad way for relieving stress.... u know its not good for ur health, as well as others... still????

Well..

There are a few ways to get rid of stress..

For 1, do something that you enjoy...

For some people, thats Smoking. For others, its drinking, for others its going out, for others its playing games on the pc/console whaver, so on...

Some or most people find smoking as a way to do so..

Theres nothing wrong with my friend you know..

He was completely in Love with that girl, and due to family issues, she had to leave him, he was devastated. Same would happen to me..

I guess its the guys fault that he gets too involved eh?

Then girls say "How could guys be so heartless?"

@ nuke, I agree.. Theres no stress reliever that aint additive..

PC Gaming, Smoking, Hookah, Drinking.. etc etc.. Lol

Allrite I will Tell you , why ppl start smoking. Here you go , my story --

PHASE - I : The BEGINING.

It started off as a show-off , It was my first day at college , I made a few friends and guess what they were smokers , we all went outside during the break and they all started fagging , now i was not a smoker and therefore standing next to them and no ciggi in my hand made me look like an idiot , atleast thats what i thought at that time , ofcourse they didn't force me but then my ego was to big to ignore it , I had to create an impression , I was No-lesser man so i requested my first Ciggi. Ofcourse i didn't knew how to smoke so i asked one of them to teach me. He did and i learned , started with menthol as it is very light , no wonder i was not able to feel anything. I laughed at them , asked them why the hell did they smoke , its not like we get a real high or something , they replied to me politely -- "you will learn".

PHASE - II : The SHOW-OFF

Allrite so smoking was a part of the schedule now , Daily during the lunch break we used to go outside , stand in style infront of the Girls Hostel and smoke. To this day i dont know whether the girls like our bad boy image or do they laugh at our stupidity. Anyways this was a routine now , I used to have a quota of 3 ciggis daily, one before the college , one durng the break and one after the college. Still it was basically for show-off , also a bit of timepass coz we had nothing better to do during the break. By this time i had promoted myself from menthol to Kings , there was a noticable difference but not enough to get one addicted. Also i must say this was a Nice way to have a Get together , every smoker friend from different streams/sections used to gather at one place and we all used smoke Royally :D We Still Do.

PHASE - III : The ADDICTION

So there I was a Smoker , but like everybody I too had a Principle. I Had promised myself never to smoke at or near my Home. But promises are meant to be broken ,well there i was one day in very bad cirumstances , was pissed off , very down , very Sad ..... wont go into details but whatever .... i decided to have a smoke for the very first time at my House. I Live alone so getting caught was not an issue. So there i was smoking 4-5 ciggis daily , to be honest it was all about time pass now , feeling bugged at home , nothing to do what better way then to have a nice warm smoke ? The quantity gradually increased , it was a packet per day now.

PHASE - 1V : The PRESENT

As i am writing this post i am having a ciggi in my mouth , I know its a silent killer and i know i am gonna have problem later in life but i live for today , smoking i must say is not an addiction , any person can very easily start it and then very easily quit it also. For example -- I went to my hometown , where obviously i couldn't smoke , i stayed there for 3 weeks and not once did i feel the urge to smoke , Its all about one's environment i guess. Anyways my point is any smoker can quit it. The ones who say its very hard to Quit are Lieing. Ofcourse you need a strong will power to fight the urge but atleast its not as bad as drugs , where the person physically becomes a slave to it.

Will i Quit smoking ? Maybe .... when someone i care about asks me to. I know i am gonna have consequences sooner or later ...... Till then Lets Live for today and forget about Tommorow !

Back