Why I'm in a tough spot in buying a phone

comp@ddict

Skilled
First of all, I started a new thread and decided not to continue my old thread because I really need to write a lot in this post, voice my concerns and explain why it's been soo hard for me to buy a phone till now.

I bought my desktop in September 2009. Months after the Athlon II X4 (quad-core) release, and the release month of AMD's formidable HD5800 series graphics card. Desktop hardware quickly gets outdated. Yet even today, July 2012 my desktop remains something formidable. It packs a quad-core, a DX11 class graphics card which can still max out most games and that too at a Full HD resolution. Now you see how future-proof my RIG really looked when I originally bought it? And how much I pat myself for making such a good buying decision.

Down 3 years and I have been researching and researching for that perfect phone to buy. And I will go over some phones:

1. Google Nexus S (13-14k)

Perhaps the best phone according to me in the under-15k budget, this phone got it all. A nice price tag, official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and a HUGE community support. I would have bought it already had it not been for the other reasons.

2. Google Galaxy Nexus (20-25k)

Perhaps the best phone to buy at all, this phone takes the got-it-all of Nexus and adds more to that too. The price tag is tad high, but hardly too much considering how good the phone is. The only sad part is that a phone of this cost should have warranty too. It's simply a big risk having a 20k+ phone which might go kaput followed by your brains frying.

3. Windows Phone 8 (?? k)

Nokia is hosting Nokia World from September 5. It is rumored that Nokia will announce 2 WP8 phone on September 5, followed by a global launch on September 7. If that is the case, I simply cannot bring myself to buy another phone if WP8 phones are soo close. I have become a fan ever since I saw Microsoft's WP8 keynote, and I have been dying to buy it. Sadly it cannot launch soon enough. WP8 is something I want. And if it indeed launches in the next 2 months, I would not be able to bring myself to it not waiting enough to buy it. I have an Android device, and it's not as appealing as Windows Phone honestly.

4. Why not other DROIDS?

Xperia Sola - A 18.5k phone which hasn't received its ICS upgrade yet. Add to that nearly ZERO community support. I'm sorry but I simply DON'T see a future in this phone. None at all. Same goes for the Galaxy Ace 2 and the Samsung Galaxy S Advance. It seems the Novathor U8500 chipset based phones are somewhat doomed.

LG Optimus 2X - There was a deal for 14.6k on the LG O2X today. I was really tempted to buy this phone. I probably would have bought it. BUT! I checked really hard on whether this phone is worth it. A phone with no ICS, some ICS ports, no future of Jelly Bean port and terrible support from nVidia in the form of Tegra 2 drivers. This phone would be outdated the moment I buy it. And I refuse to do that.

Karbonn Smart A24 - A much promised phone. To have nearly everything. A big and good display, dual core and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, launching next month. Almost too good to be true. I HAVE to wait and see what happens with this phone, or if it's some flop.

Conclusion

Believe me, I have no intention of waiting. Especially till the end of the year. But the next 2 months seem so exciting and jam-packed, that my curious side simply refuses to let me do anything else. Coin in your opinions. Add phones you believe can make it to the TO-BE-CONSIDERED list or some recent launches which YOU FEEL don't deserve to be considered.

this is the latest nexus which is selling on ebay.. its not launched in india yet due to some patent issues.... you can see it officially here google.com/nexus next nexus dont knw when will it come.. but i am using it and i find it way to better then iphone galaxy s3 and any other ...

I think now I'll straight away buy a phone in November timeframe when the new NEXUS phones release

But till then I'll be buying a temp phone to use for 3 months, which I will then hand down to MOM.

6k budget. Any suggestions?

No. Won't start a new thread. Will continue the journey here itself.

Guys guys wait.

Before you suggest anything you gotta remember:

1. Mention a place to buy it (online at the fixed price)
2. Remember battery life as my mom will be using it after 3 months

I have the Asha 311 in mind presently.

Is this reliable?

18k me nahi milta bhai!

SUPER AMOLED

HTC Rezound. Nope

Yes. Saw this deal only a few hours ago. Apparently it's finished already.

I know. But I wanna know if HurraH.in is any good or fake?

is STORE503.COM a fake site ? | trust rating for STORE503.COM | is STORE503.COM safe to use | is STORE503.COM legit | is STORE503 safe

Scamadviser.com | check a website for risk | check if dodgey | check is a website safe

CHECK THESE LINKS FOR THE RELIABILITY OF THE TWO SITES

Okay guys, heads up.

Xperia Sola for Rs. 14,000 and Rs. 14,500. No kidding. Use ICICI coupon on ebay.

BRAND NEW SONY XPERIA SOLA MT27i WHITE "ANDROID 4.0 UPGRADABLE" 3G NFC HD MOBILE | eBay

Brand New Original & Sealed Sony Xperia Sola - MT27i - Black Color | eBay

Brand New Original & Sealed Sony Xperia Sola - MT27i - White Color | eBay

BRAND NEW SONY XPERIA SOLA MT27i "ANDROID 4.0 UPGRADABLE" 3G HD MOBILE | eBay

I now have a backup phone to buy in case what I'm planning doesn't go through and the Nexus S still remains unavailable.

Threads asking for CM10 on Xperia U/P/Sola (and hence Galaxy S Advance and Ace 2, same chipset for all) are already developing. Plus, Sony will release official Jelly Bean for Sola. Makes sense to me. My only regret would be a smaller than 4" display and no front camera. I can live without front camera, but my big fingers need a big screen.

Back