Windows 11 announced

You can buy TMP 2.0 USB dongle or if your board support header of this type(pic).

Attachments

• 2744C34D-A1AC-427E-B7CA-E68E453EFC91.png
    2744C34D-A1AC-427E-B7CA-E68E453EFC91.png
    957.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 1D166C02-8947-4C52-8202-CE57B27DFD19.jpeg
    1D166C02-8947-4C52-8202-CE57B27DFD19.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 107
A word of caution against updating to Windows 11, a friend of mine got a new Laptop with 11 pre-installed and it performs worse in Valorant even with having a much better configuration.

A question about windows 11.

If the system drive is encrypted using TPM of the motherboard. And if the motherboard dies, as it does. Do you lose all of your data?

What about other services who are using TPM to offer security on your computer? Would they also stop working if you change your motherboard?

A question about windows 11.

If the system drive is encrypted using TPM of the motherboard. And if the motherboard dies, as it does. Do you lose all of your data?

What about other services who are using TPM to offer security on your computer? Would they also stop working if you change your motherboard?

In a nutshell, use the recovery password to access the drive, then disable BitLocker, and fully decrypt the drive. Next, you need to take ownership of the new TPM and initialize it. Finally, re-encrypt your drive.

In a nutshell, use the recovery password to access the drive, then disable BitLocker, and fully decrypt the drive. Next, you need to take ownership of the new TPM and initialize it. Finally, re-encrypt your drive.
Hey bro. I had a similar situation once. I just entered the recovery key and got access into the system. I had then changed the Bitlocker PIN and started using it. I didn't decrypt & recrypt the hdd. It works fine. May be setting a new pin automatically did that for me?

Just installed windows 11 today and the UI change from windows 10 has been backward. Can't open task manager by right clicking on taskbar, no option to combine taskbar windows when only full, have to select "show more options" in right click menu for frequent options, wifi networks are hidden behind another click in quick launch, have to change default app for each extension i.e. .html, .htm,pdf,svg... when setting chrome as browser while Microsoft edge can be set default browser with 1 click, start menu is a mess etc. Microsoft should stop fixing what's not broken.

Last edited:
Hey bro. I had a similar situation once. I just entered the recovery key and got access into the system. I had then changed the Bitlocker PIN and started using it. I didn't decrypt & recrypt the hdd. It works fine. May be setting a new pin automatically did that for me?

Not exactly.

During the initialization phase of the (new) TPM, especially if you do it through the BitLocker setup wizard, you're essentially preparing it by feeding the old recovery key. However, due to different vendor implementations, it could go wrong, which is why the decrypt-and-re-crypt route is more foolproof, IMHO.

Of course you can play with manage-bde to repopulate the information in the TPM without PIN, but then again, when it comes to data, don't take any risk.

For the first time since I started using windows, I rolled back. I never did that, not with win me, not with vista, not with 8. Win 11 is half baked OS. It has elements from 95 all the way till 10.simole one click operations now need two or more clicks. There are lot of driver issues, UI inconsistencies.

Back