Windows 11 announced

I honestly didn't understand how low-powered CPU's like Atom are more compatible to run W11 than a 7th gen I5-CPU. At first, I thought it was to do with tpm and processing power. But my laptop has tpm enabled and PC Health checks everything except that processor, i5-7200U. Insider previews had no issues running the OS on this cpu. Seems like Microsoft is asking customers to pay for W11 but indirectly through purchase of new hardware.. It basically wants me to throw a perfectly capable laptop and get a new one just to run this OS. :mad:

I honestly didn't understand how low-powered CPU's like Atom are more compatible to run W11 than a 7th gen I5-CPU. At first, I thought it was to do with tpm and processing power. But my laptop has tpm enabled and PC Health checks everything except that processor, i5-7200U. Insider previews had no issues running the OS on this cpu. Seems like Microsoft is asking customers to pay for W11 but indirectly through purchase of new hardware.. It basically wants me to throw a perfectly capable laptop and get a new one just to run this OS. :mad:
Hope the last point you made is not true. All the more reason for people to adapt Linux. Hope you didn't install W11 for some feature and were just experimenting.

Hope the last point you made is not true. All the more reason for people to adapt Linux. Hope you didn't install W11 for some feature and were just experimenting.
Win11 is good but that right click options were messed up as I need to click 2times to go back to stock options upon right click in windows desktop screen.

MS should bring back these stock right clicking options back

MS should also give more themes with mouses cursors and sound options and boot up sounds and shutdown sounds also.

Hope you didn't install W11 for some feature and were just experimenting.
Huh!! It has features? Like what? The only difference I saw was W11=W10+Eye-Candy, to put it bluntly from insider preview. I would have continued with W11 if it was not my work PC and the hiccups I faced since it was an alpha-build. I am thinking of going for a dual-boot W10 and 11 while also using ubuntu LTS.
From the videos I am seeing on net, they have made simple tasks with multi-tasks to get the same function done. I agree it's a personal preference, but I don't like doing donkey work.
It's not that I want this for free. I am more than willing to pay if they price it appropriately. Anything for free doesn't last long. But I need to see if it's worth the investment.
MS community is flooded where everyone is complaining why they left 7th gen out of this. A generalised statement that W11 doesn't support below 8th gen intel doesn't provide any clarity.

Last edited:
I don't know about this but when I tried this long back it asked for commands so left it out and I also did not like its GUI.
That's why I stuck with Windows GUI.
Try current LTS release of Kubuntu, you dont have to run any commands and it will work OOB. see the KDE Plasma announcement here - you will find the short video that will give you glimpse of what it will look like.

Their is one theme too that will make your desktop look like Windows 10 or 11 - you can google it for the video or other details.

Try current LTS release of Kubuntu, you dont have to run any commands and it will work OOB. see the KDE Plasma announcement here - you will find the short video that will give you glimpse of what it will look like.

Their is one theme too that will make your desktop look like Windows 10 or 11 - you can google it for the video or other details.
Will all steam games work here?
I have uplay and Epic Games as well.

Back