Windows 11 announced

So you downloaded the iso and installed???
Seems my setup is also not supported hence I ll have to find alternate ways
It isn't that simple. ISO needs to be downloaded yeah but after that if you run setup.exe it'll complain about CPU not being supported and TPM 2.0 not being there.
So we need to replace appraiserres.dll file in /sources directory with the one from win10 v1703, then run setup.exe while keeping the machine offline (keeping online will throw the same error).

Google a little bit, you'll know.

It isn't that simple. ISO needs to be downloaded yeah but after that if you run setup.exe it'll complain about CPU not being supported and TPM 2.0 not being there.
So we need to replace appraiserres.dll file in /sources directory with the one from win10 v1703, then run setup.exe while keeping the machine offline (keeping online will throw the same error).

Google a little bit, you'll know.
Will do
Not a big deal then [emoji106]

I did a clean install by downloading an iso and used Rufus to boot via USB
Everything works so nice and now it's yearly updates and I am very happy that the OS will be much more polished because of yearly updates.
I like this format.
I have been using a legit key since 2015 onwards when I first bought Windows 8.1 Pro MSDN key from a reputed member here in this forum and updated to Windows 10 later on.

But now I bought Windows 10 Pro from Shopclues website from which I updated to Windows 11.

This updating is a nice concept since we don't need to buy keys when every new OS comes out.

But I don't know whether it will accept Windows 8.1 Pro keys so bought a new Windows 10 pro key in 2019 & 2020 respectively and also bought Office 2019 key as well.

The Shopclues seller is offering good support even when I changed my motherboard which becomes a hardware change and requires support from him regarding Office 2019 activation.

Until 2014 I used pirated versions of the Oses.
How is the gaming performance ?
Windows 10 Pro -Rs.800
Office 2019 -Rs.800

Seller provides active Whatsapp support.
I got it for half I think ...

@JMak

If you're planning to perform a clean install, then there won't be any kind of hardware check.

===

@bssunilreddy and others

ICYMI, Microsoft does offer an official workaround to bypass the hardware check that involves creating a single registry override key.
Right so I enabled the TPM in bios and its 2.0
used Regedit and added that value which MS mentioned.

the usb installation now says safe boot inst on ..
but I can enable safe boot as my c partition is MBR and for safeboot GPT is needed otherwise windows wont boot after making the safeboot enabled in BIOS.
Now the other messup is that one cant change a MBR partition to GPT if its a windows installation partition.. so after all i am back to square one.

I have made the usb installation drive but i beleive its not bootable ..

What can I do .. I can do clean installation though but the last blank DVD that I had came back with an error .. dunno if the usb can be used for fresh install if yes then how

can you great guys guide with a step by step guide plz.

BTW
I am on R5 1500
gigabyte A320MA-M2 board
16GB DDr4 ram

Thanks

Now the other messup is that one cant change a MBR partition to GPT if its a windows installation partition.. so after all i am back to square one.

Unless the disk has a very weird partition layout, Microsoft's own MBR2GPT tool does allow converting from MBR to GPT partition style without modifying or deleting data on the disk. For your case, check out the /allowFullOS parameter.

You can also use an open source tool named gptgen to do the conversion. Compared to MBR2GPT, this one is rather versatile and meant for power users.

===

Let's start from scratch: Do you want to do a clean install or upgrade the existing Windows 10 instance to Windows 11?

Unless the disk has a very weird partition layout, Microsoft's own MBR2GPT tool does allow converting from MBR to GPT partition style without modifying or deleting data on the disk. For your case, check out the /allowFullOS parameter.

You can also use an open source tool named gptgen to do the conversion. Compared to MBR2GPT, this one is rather versatile and meant for power users.

===

Let's start from scratch: Do you want to do a clean install or upgrade the existing Windows 10 instance to Windows 11?
I am fine either way, whichever is less headache.

Whstevr i could read as its my c drive on which win 10 is installed hence it can't vr converted to gpt but then i am not that savy and could be wrong

@JMak

Please check your inbox.
Thanks to the enormous help extended by @Titokhan, I am installing win 11 on my pc.

He helped in such a lucid and systematic manner that a noob like me was able to change partition type of c drive from mbr to gpt, got an updated windows iso, changed settings in bios to make things ready.

This is why this community is getting fast better than other places..

Thanks again buddy
God bless
20211006_232642.jpg

Tried playing Valo (Ryzen 5 3400G, MBI B450M M2 MAX) on W11. TPM 2.0 is enabled yet I get an error regarding Vanguard (it needs TPM 2.0 to be enabled.) That's very weird. Other games, however, have worked smoothly.

I am on partially supported hardware, TPM 2.0 compatible but 6th gen. i7. Was contemplating to install this shite as soon as possible as I have been despising Windows 10 for since its inception, but now this news regarding hampered gaming performance. I love this. How could MS create an OS which performs even worse than Windows 10 is beyond me and I believe they deserve to be on the Guinness records for this.

Tried playing Valo (Ryzen 5 3400G, MBI B450M M2 MAX) on W11. TPM 2.0 is enabled yet I get an error regarding Vanguard (it needs TPM 2.0 to be enabled.) That's very weird. Other games, however, have worked smoothly.
did you updated your bios ? recently MSI has released the W11 supported BIOS. Check that out if not done.

Back