Windows 11 announced

Using from day 1(5th Oct), did a clean install and everything is working smoothly. Just waiting for Kaspersky Win11 AV.
I did not know that. I thought KAV was available for Windows 11. I'll be switching to Ryzen tomorrow and was thinking of going with clean install of Windows 11 at first but now given that AMD has flagged some performance issues I'll go with Win10 and upgrade later once the dust settles

Current version is not an official version for the Win11. But for time being it is working fine without any issue.

Attachments

• E5E7BD26-3DFB-49E3-B6FA-4FFD88B3F410.jpeg
    E5E7BD26-3DFB-49E3-B6FA-4FFD88B3F410.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 130
I have i5 6600k, so it will not work with my pc? Either way, i am still running windows 10 without activation so it won't be a problem to me cause ill be upgrading soon.

Got windows 11 upgrade notification today morning. Please suggest whether I should upgrade via windows update or should do a fresh install. Also is windows 11 stable as windows 10? asking because this is my primary system for work.
1635916244844.png

Got windows 11 upgrade notification today morning. Please suggest whether I should upgrade via windows update or should do a fresh install. Also is windows 11 stable as windows 10? asking because this is my primary system for work.
View attachment 118922
Ive read not so good stories about windows 11 upgrade. I would wait for stable release in few months but thats just me.

I would say wait for, especially since it's your primary system. Even I have got the notification, but I am planning to hold out upto mid-2022 so that they iron out the bugs. More worrying since MS screwed performance on AMD based machines. Even their new fix for AMD is patchy.
Stability wise, sticky to W10 for now.

There's absolutely nothing to gain from upgrading to Win11 right now, only a weird flex if you'd like. Also, if you'd like to be the one to test the new version for them then go ahead.
I would strongly refrain from upgrading on a work machine, even on my gaming PC I wouldn't just now.

Win11 is just eye-candy for Win10 with the risk of new bugs/instability with updates in future for now. Oh... and people with Alder Lake would probably be locked-in on this.

I got the notification too. Since I recently switched from Intel to Ryzen I'm plan on waiting some more time till the performance issues are addressed by either MS or AMD

I got the notification too. Since I recently switched from Intel to Ryzen I'm plan on waiting some more time till the performance issues are addressed by either MS or AMD
Those are already addressed by AMD and MS both. Update to latest chipset drivers and the latest Windows Cumulative update and you're set.

There's one stupid bug that remains and not yet acknowledged by either MS or AMD. The L3 cache latency issue returns if you swap to some other Ryzen CPU (even when updates are applied) which I doubt a normal user would do.

The L3 cache latency issue returns if you swap to some other Ryzen CPU (even when updates are applied) which I doubt a normal user would do.
This... While I agree that a normal user won't switch over to a new cpu, this shows that the patches, solutions are half-baked. They were issued quickly to address the drop in performance without much full-fledged testing so yes, it's better to stay away no matter how tempting.

It's not tempting at all :tearsofjoy: I believe it should be in the EULA of the software that the user has to bear with initial bugs/issues/instability and whatever when they decide to be an early adopter for the same. As I said Win11 offers absolutely nothing to gain from Win10 as of now.

Those are already addressed by AMD and MS both. Update to latest chipset drivers and the latest Windows Cumulative update and you're set.

There's one stupid bug that remains and not yet acknowledged by either MS or AMD. The L3 cache latency issue returns if you swap to some other Ryzen CPU (even when updates are applied) which I doubt a normal user would do.
I don't see many functional benefits in upgrading. I'll wait for the OS to mature and settle and then upgrade.

Anyone running Win11 on their daily driver rigs? I need to reinstall Windows and was wondering whether to redo 10 or is 11 is running well now... Thanks

PS - I'm looking to install it on my gaming rig

Anyone running Win11 on their daily driver rigs? I need to reinstall Windows and was wondering whether to redo 10 or is 11 is running well now... Thanks

PS - I'm looking to install it on my gaming rig
i am on using windows 11 on my gaming pc. upgraded from windows 10 and noted no issues so far.

Thanks, any improvements noticed? (boot time, shut down time, etc.)
It's win10 with a pretty skin and a bunch of bugs. Right now it has nothing more to offer than what win10 has already.
I tried it on a spare laptop and experience was same as win10 + buggy and unstable somewhat. Basic functionality missing such as clock on taskbar on secondary display and maybe more idk.

But if you wanna be an early adopter to help then I'll thank you :p

Back