Windows 11 announced

will migrate to it after one year of launch , till than happy troubleshooting.
Spot on, Also I don't expect company software to be W11 compatible this quickly... maybe I am wrong but let the window mature and we get trouble free OS (I mean less issues, Nothing is trouble free)

There is no option. It is Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming motherboard. There is no option to install a TPM module also.

While on BIOS, press F7 to switch to Advanced mode, navigate to the Advanced tab, then select PCH-FW configuration, and finally enable PTT in order to turn on the processor's integrated TPM 2.0 module.

While on BIOS, press F7 to switch to Advanced mode, navigate to the Advanced tab, then select PCH-FW configuration, and finally enable PTT in order to turn on the processor's integrated TPM 2.0 module.
Oh yes. I checked before also but could not find this option. Just now checked and yes, it's there and my PC can run Win11. :D

Attachments

• Screenshot (1789).png
    Screenshot (1789).png
    135.9 KB · Views: 135
TPMs are usually found in enterprise desktops and laptops. Most consumer boards won't have them. I was seriously considering importing a module for my MSI Tomahawk for since all my drives are Bitlocker encrypted, but then decided against it.
My Desktop is not a enterprise one but still i have TPm chip install on my aorus x570 Mobo

Considering you have a Z170/Z270 chipset based motherboard for your Intel Core i7-6700K processor, PTT should be supported. What's the exact model of the motherboard?

I have also checked the forums and could only make the info that tpm is not there in the board. They say the chipset supports it but Asus probably forgot to put it in the bios to enable the option. I feel ripped off right now.

I have also checked the forums and could only make the info that tpm is not there in the board. They say the chipset supports it but Asus probably forgot to put it in the bios to enable the option. I feel ripped off right now.
If the chipset supports TPM, Asus may release an updated BIOS update with an option to enable TPM.

Earlier, not many cared about TPM but now it is required for WIn11, so manufacturers will 99% enable it with updated BIOS if the chipset supports it.

If the chipset supports TPM, Asus may release an updated BIOS update with an option to enable TPM.

Earlier, not many cared about TPM but now it is required for WIn11, so manufacturers will 99% enable it with updated BIOS if the chipset supports it.

Let's see. I doubt it since it's a 5 year old board and have not seen any firmware updates since ages.

@TinTinSnowy

Make sure you've updated to the latest BIOS (which is v3801 at this moment). Moreover, you may need to update the ME firmware as well.

I've examined the BIOS image and the PTT related strings are indeed there.

@TinTinSnowy

Welcome.

ASUS has probably only released ME 11.7.x.x builds for this mobo, but you should be able to update to 11.8.x.x firmware. Take a look at this thread for more information.
I went into the BIOS now to check the version. BIOS firmware is 3801 which is latest and I am on 11.8.50.3399 for the ME firmware. If you see the strings for PTT then why it does not show in the bios?

I went into the BIOS now to check the version. BIOS firmware is 3801 which is latest and I am on 11.8.50.3399 for the ME firmware. If you see the strings for PTT then why it does not show in the bios?

FYI, the ME version is still older than the latest available firmware.

Regarding the visibility of the option, I could help you by making a modded BIOS that will force the menu to appear. Since the motherboard does support USB BIOS Flashback, it is worth a try if you want. However, we should move the discussion elsewhere (perhaps a fresh thread or via PM), cause it is not exactly related to the theme of this thread.

Checked in the Bios for ASUS H97 Pro game MB and seems like it does not support but seems like it has a provision for a TPM module to be inserted.

Back