WTB : A Guitar

for 3k you`d get a brand new guitar...

go to townside.. at furtados. at marine lines.. i got mine for 2.4ksomething ...

they got good stuff.

dont forget to buy a couple of good picks too :)...

and chk out some of the books there.... really awesome stuff!!

but ya if you have vidoes then nothing like it...

btw care to share from where you got the vidoes? i hada few b4.. dunno where i kept em :(

have fun.

ahh yes torrentspy.. .hmm...

i had seen a 6gb video tut torrent when i got my guitar.

err is it givson? or gibson?

btw your right handed? or left handed? its imp you choose your guitar according to your.. err... orientation..

and ya you can go for gibson.. good brand :)

Hey.. i'm interested too! Any place in chennai where i could buy one?
And..er.. any (cheap) synthesizers available here?

Yeah Chaos is right. Gibson is the original US brand - its expensive of course. Givson is an Indian brand, but is still decent enough and is cheaper. There's no "model" per se that you can choose when picking up a guitar. Your best bet is to take a friend of yours adept at playing the guitar along with you when choosing - he should be able to play a couple of the guitars and point you to the right one. Most of the times even the shop owners are fairly knowledgeable themselves, so they could suggest good ones too.

@Vince: Couple of places in Chennai are Shruthi Musicals, Musee Musicals and others I cant recall. Sis just picked up a guitar recently, will check where from :)

Do not waste cash on the Givson. They are mass manufactured somewhere in Bengal/ The wood is not treated properly and tends to warp. Nor do they have any finess in the finish department.

There are a number of Korean brands in the market these days that play very well. A brand to look for is Ariana. Finish is lovely and you will probably be able to find it for Max. 3750.

Eddy is right. make sure you take someone who plays. There is a lot of difference in the tone in different guitars. No two guitars sound the same either.

DarkNight said:
There are a number of Korean brands in the market these days that play very well. A brand to look for is Ariana. Finish is lovely and you will probably be able to find it for Max. 3750.
me got a korean made guitar....the build quality n finish is amazing for the price (4k)....got it 2 yrs back....have to learn to play someday :p

If anyone wants a Givson, don't know what condition but dunno if its ok, they can pick it up from my place- free of cost!!:p

Its the basic acoustic, Strings have crapped out and some missing- almost smashed them up Rockstar style but then better sense prevailed!!:ashamed:

PM me and it will be gifted at my discretion!!:cool2:

If its usable, i don't mind some thing in trade or gift!!:p

Mumbai guys only or anyone who visits me!!:eek:hyeah:

And this is not a sale or trade post!!:cool2:

Interesting topic going on here... guitar's been my life since I was 10 years old. Anyway, from experience you can't decide whether a guitar is good or not by the brand. Brands mean nothing for acoustic guitars, unless you're talking about Yamaha/Ibanez; you have to actually play many to decide which is good. When buying an acoustic:

1. Decide what your budget is

2. Check *every* guitar that falls within your budget (and in multiple stores)

3. Check for fret buzz by playing all over the fretboard - very difficult to get rid of buzz and almost 50% of guitars that are on the shelf have fret buzz

4. Action is secondary as you can always get it setup professionally later (it's actually a necessity if you can't do it yourself)

5. Check the keys to make sure none of them are lose - if they are, you'll keep running out of tune frequently

6. Finally, guitar care is very important once you get one; buy a good case because keeping the guitar out increases the chances of the fretboard getting warped over time

There's more tips to take care of a guitar once you get it... this is just a beginner's guide :)

Hope this helps...

Even am thinking of buying a guitar :D.

Rio, Any trip to Hyderabad planned yet??:p.I'll take you alongwith me to the guitar shop when you come to Hyderabad :p.

My budget is anywhere between 5-10K.I am a total n00b.Can I buy an electric guitar straight??Or Should I take a classical guitar first??Any ideas guys??

Do you guys by any chance know any place in Hyderabad which sells guitars??.

Buy acoustic first , dont start of on electric.a new one will be around 3k

You can learn on your own , there are many sites , forums which can help you. But it is advisable to start of with an expert teacher if you are serious about it. ALso it takes time to learn the guitar ( depends on no of hours practise you put in ) .

If you want a sweet sounding guitar , go for gibson ( not givson )

A more heavy sounding one is Hobner guitars . i personally have a hobner.

Back