X1900XTX issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
aare yaar windows can be reinstalled again if this fails. let him try this.

And it can cause performance and stability issues.

If this fails just reinstall and try from scratch but i still feel its mostly your cpu.

NFSMW and AOE both games are highly CPU dependent. So is fear.

Someone just go over to his house tomorrow and fix his computer.... or we'll be up all weekend talking about this lol.

FEAR isn't cpu dependant according to all the benchamrks I have seen, atleast not at higher settings

Also, AOE3 should still be fine with my system.

are my temps normal? how to change fan speed?

simple solution - ask some experienced pc user like switch to come and help you setting up the system. You seem to be incompetent and inexperienced for setting it up properly.

Its better you take your system to Switch,thats the least that you can do.It will save your's n other's time too.

problem unsolved

most wanted demo second track still stutters a lot

ran quake 4 demo at 1280*1024 High(ultra not supported in demo) 4x AA
fine, no problems
most wanted runs crap

can keeping windows firewall on slow down gaming
--------
where does switch live, area?

^

1. Are you running any background apps like say anti-virus, etc? If so try turning them off and see.

2. Install retail full version games, instead of demos and give it a try.

Why dont you PM switch and ask where he stays.

Techboy dont rename the Fear exe. Sometimes the driver has optimisations for each single game and runs these optimisations when the exe is launced. Renaming it might have caused a problem. Rename it back to what it was earlier. And also turn off Adaptive AA and Vsync in the Catalyst Control Centre.

EDIT: and btw run HD Tach to see how well the hard disk is performing.

AAA is not on
Vsyn is probably not on either

FEAR stutters at 12X10 MAX 2x AA NO AF
FEAR stutters even at 800*600 LOW( I changed the settings in game without restating, so some settings like Soft shadows won't have been changed)
stuttering in the latter is much much much less, but is still there

this is what happens when u buy 1900xtx at 1900xt prices :bleh: .. it doesnt seem like ur card has a problem its the support cast rather ..the HDD seems the culprit..run HD tach like hunter said and find out...and yeah this might sound stupid but see if u connected everything properly inside ur rig :p ..try changin the SATA port or something..its the HDD as far as i see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back