Xbox 360 - Do you really like it?

I got my Xbox360 today and the games look nothing like i have ever seen. GRAW a game has to be played to be believed. Playing Xbox360 on a 32" HDTV at proper 720p settings does show how good this console is...
I played Burnout Revenge, GRAW, Saints Row, Dead Rising and all these games are absolute fun only Perfect Dark Zero is the crappiest game ever made in my opinion... The controls cannot get more lamer than they are for PDZ but other than that this console is awesome...

akS !

Congrats man!:clap:

played Burnout Revenge, GRAW, Saints Row, Dead Rising and all these games are absolute f

Get Kameo if you can. Critics called it the best looking launch game even if it doesn't appear that way at first glance. Gameplay wise it should be fun too. It's a regular Zelda'esq sort of game.

only Perfect Dark Zero is the crappiest game ever made in my opinion... The controls cannot get more lamer than they are for PDZ but other than that this console is awesome...

Yeah, this was the biggest complaint gamers had regarding the game. Fans disputed it though pointing out to the fact that you can manually callibrate the controls to your liking.

andrew327 said:
XBOX 360 does not support HDMI and it wont thought u can buy a composite
to HDMI convertor to use with ur HDMI supporting Screen .

Why u thought XBOX 360 supports HDMI?
coz the samsung [LA-26R71B] Screen which microsoft has showcased in thier kiosk center supports HDMI input so u might have read HDMI in front of the screen and thought so.

Guys, the LA-26R71B is not a "HDTV". It is a "HD Ready" TV. IMO 720P does not really showcase the 360's capabilities. @1080i o/p the 360 really shines and comes into its own. The graphics capability of this box is amazing and I would rate it as good (or better) than my PC.

My only crib with this box is regarding its media capabilities..not able to stream dvd/xvid/hd (mp4) clips to my TV.

I haven't tried 1080i yet cause i read at many places that 720p gives more clarity and detail than 1080i. I will try it out and let you guys know later..

akS !

Iceman said:
My only crib with this box is regarding its media capabilities..not able to stream dvd/xvid/hd (mp4) clips to my TV.

Yeah, that seems to be the biggest issue i've seen with X360 players till now.

Though, if Ps2 got a 3rd party Divx/Mp3 player, X360 isn't far from recieving its own, or perhaps a first marty Media Player should be on its way soon along with a bigger hard drive.

whateve_r said:
I haven't tried 1080i yet cause i read at many places that 720p gives more clarity and detail than 1080i. I will try it out and let you guys know later..

akS !

You will not see better quality running 1080i on a 1366 x 768 screen (i.e. if your TV is native 720P).

It is best to run @ 720P if your TV has a resolution of 1366x768.

Use 1080i if your TV has a native resolution of 1920x1200.

If you run 1080i on a 720P screen, your TV will take the 1080i signal, convert it to 540P and upconvert to 720P.

This operation (depending on the quality of the scaler present in your TV), will cause image degradation (i.e. the famous jaggies / softer picture etc.)

A native 1920x1200 TV will take the 1080i signal and display it at 1080P without "scaling" the image...hope this makes sense :)

I played King Kong on the XBOX360 back in Nov '05 (LOL, that'd be a year ago :D) and it wasn't that bad but it just felt awkward without a mouse and keyboard :p

LOL, I think I still have a pic of the xbox360 while awaiting my turn - I'm evil, let me find it :D

EDIT: Here you go.... :rofl:

About Media capabilites, u need to mod u r x360 & which is not yet avail coz there hasnt any mod chip released which will allow u to run 3rd party codes on x360.....
the one avail r will just allow u to play backed up games........

Dont worry it wont be too long when u will be able to run XBMC on x360

How would be the XBMC for x360 be i'm curious to have a peek???

Okay a few questions here:- Can we use regular mouse and keyboard with xbox360??
Also since xbox can't play pirated games,how much does a modded xbox360( that can play pirated games) cost in the grey market and do they have any warranties ??

electronic palace in palika bazar has quoted 25.5k for the modded 360 premium pack. claims that it will play copied games too.

What you'll be getting won't have a modchip, it'll have the firmware hack.
And yes it'l play all the copied games available.

^Err..whats the difference between the 2 (as long as it plays backups/i**egal games?).I seriously need to know the difference (me n00b :ashamed:).

Off topic. My uncle brought 3 Xbox360 games for me as a Diwali gift from the U.S, told him though I won't be able to play it because I don't own the console and don't even plan to, says he will be sending me an Xbox360 in December then as a Christmas present.

So by the mid of next year, I should end up owning all 3 Next-gen consoles, one of them comes as a free gift, hehe.

And those 3 games are Dead Rising, Saints Row and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (or GRAW).

Though, I hope I can go LIVE on an NTSC(American) Xbox360 from India without much lagging.

Back