Xbox 360 - Do you really like it?

params7 said:
Off topic. My uncle brought 3 Xbox360 games for me as a Diwali gift from the U.S, told him though I won't be able to play it because I don't own the console and don't even plan to, says he will be sending me an Xbox360 in December then as a Christmas present.

So by the mid of next year, I should end up owning all 3 Next-gen consoles, one of them comes as a free gift, hehe.

And those 3 games are Dead Rising, Saints Row and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (or GRAW).

Though, I hope I can go LIVE on an NTSC(American) Xbox360 from India without much lagging.

Please do remind him abt his long lost nephew Nikhil who doesnt need a 400$ Xbox but can do with 400$ worth of CPU + mobo + RAM :p

You lucky dog you.:mad: How unfortunate it is that my family members and relatives all think poorly of games. :(

smith said:
my turn with the x360 recently..gfx looked pretty neat. Played fifa

Nice. Too bad the PlanetM's over here all suck and rarely sell even PC games at all.

I like it, i mean i cant afford to keep putting in new gfx cards all the time, and I have the exact same setup most shops are displaying the xbox with the 26" samsung lcd. I am looking to get gears of war soon

So as per what Smith said, I checked out the local PlanetM and they had it on display. I played PGR3 and Kameo but the graphics sucked. The connections were in place but they forgot to set the cable to HDTV. Baah:mad:

You should really give it a look see RiO. It's the PlanetM on CMH road.:)

Yes u can softmod ur x360 but the only backdraw those hacks wont allow u to play different region games like region 1,2 etc.... and yet there's no region free mod or hack available in the market.

And dont know when pirated games are avail on indian streets what region code will those be and which mod will they support coz theres there's no standard mod avail yet.

But if u want to play backup games there are ways to do. So if u friend has a orignal xbox360 disc copy it not the usual 1:1 [there are different ways which i'm not giving out at this point] make a backup games but remember those disc will take more time to load games in respect to the same if orignal ones.

These goes for u too PARAM don't get excited first u will need is a power converter and i know that anyone on this forum knows that but for some newbies. "Second NTSC" nearly 98% CRT TV avail in india supports NTSC input but what bout games the only
games u get in india are PAL and u r xbox wont support pal coz micro$oft have locked there xbox according to the region of sale.
So dont get over excited as even modding ur x360 wont help the only way keep on importing games from US
Well final words u r ****in too lucky to get a 360 as a gift and i have
to shell out 27k for the same.......

Andrews, I'm well aware on the NTSC restrictions, India does fall under PAL region and Euorpean voltage settings. So i've already got the Adapters and all prepaired. My TV supports both NTSC and PAL that's not a problem, and as for games, I've mostly purchase my original titles from Ebay USA. Did a lot of shopping on it for Gamecube titles and so far its been comparitively cheap and easy. On the internet you have a much wider variety.

And good luck with your X360 purchase.

And good luck with your X360 purchase.

Thank u for the good luck
But wont invest 27k till there's a proper & standard Mod avail in the market.
And also i need to utilize the HDD which for now is of no use atleast to me,
dont know bout u guys.
Also waiting for PS3 coz BLU Ray Player will be a good investment making some future proof investment but have to wait for the launch & u know ............
If microsoft comes up with some suprise add-on for x360 & ruin the PS3 party can't say its a war out there for conquering the NO. 1 position the console industry.

For now i'm happy with my PS2, XBOX & last but not least My PC which keeps the inner gamer maniac of mine to its limit........ TILL NOW

Back