XBOX One - News, Rumors & Speculations

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006
R.I.P Xbox. That's what happens when you get greedy, Sony won the console war of this generation before it even started.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
Loved the Sony Keynote. It was like targeted attack on M$. :). looking forward to some Balmer outbursts if possible. :( :(

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Mar 13, 2009
Pune
XBOX One bashing is in full swing everywhere.... read on Facebook...
Stop Comparing the X-Box One to a VCR.
You can use a VCR offline.

Official VDO from SONY on How to share pre owned games on PS4 :D

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
Seems like the Microsoft corporate spying department failed here. Didn't they see the price point, handling of Used games and all coming from Sony for PS4 ?

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Jun 4, 2010
Hyderabad
I saw it coming when i first heard of Xbox's a fee for used games concept long before E3.

I dont know why couldnt they hold thier horses until Sony completes their presentation before coming up with their logic of "its-not-us-its-the-publishers-who-wants -the-drm" concept just couple of days before their own presentation. They could have tweaked thier policies a little and made it worth a look.

Now if they have to come with a face-saver, they will have to say "our kind publishers are now happy to allow us to give a drm free gaming experience" which inturn is kicking their own ass which is already swolen and ready to burst.

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Mar 13, 2009
Pune
Love it or hate it till now XBOX 360 has earned M$ money where as the rumor is that Sony is selling PS3 at a loss.....
So when it comes to business I think MS has been in more profit till now.... What happens next is yet to be seen...

Again as far as the Indian market is concerned I see PS4 selling like hot cakes and XBOX One will lose the mkt charm due to their delayed launch in Indian mkt.
Not to forget the Indian consumer mentality also... Sony is still a reputed and trusted brand for Indian families and a synonym for quality products which last for years where MS is nowhere even close to drive sales based on brand name...

sku11_munch3r

Disciple
Oct 9, 2012
Mumbai
Wow !! I have both consoles PS3 and 360, so I enjoyed what they both had to offer. But this time around Im definitely gonna go for the PS4 at launch, DRM pisses the hell out of me. Microsoft are going for a totally different audience, Netflix and all that TV stuff is nice but mostly caters to the North American market. What about us?

Microsoft's attitude is wrong this time around, cannot believe they signed off on this. Will risk alienating their core audience of gamers IMO.

Also, anyone have any idea when the console's will launch in India? Cant wait to get my hands on the PS4 at least.

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Mar 13, 2009
Pune
To anyone who is planning to get an Xbox one from US, it will not authenticate disc based games outside the 21 countries supported at launch.
Better wait for the Asian launch.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1g898f/this_comes_directly_from_xboxs_twitter_its/
MS already hit the axe on their own feet by introducing the online checks and stuff but if what you said is true then this is what I call "Dumping your head in a canon and lighting the fuse" :D By doing this stupid thing of not authenticating disc from outside the 21 countries MS is killing whatever small market share they had in India for XBOX One (through grey mkt i.e. )

But If I am not mistaken this is not permitted by EU laws... MS cannot bar users from using their product just bcoz they are from some other region.

Of all this speculation what will happen is that when XBOX One is launched someone will smartly come up with ideas to bypass all this crap and XBOX will function just as XBOX 360 :D

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Sep 5, 2009
Yes, but it is launching in most EU countries. Frankly speaking there are still a lot of features(or lack thereof) that need more explanation from Microsoft. I feel they will get clearer as we get closer to the launch. However, they have confirmed the 24hr authentication policy, which alone should kill the One for a lot of Indian buyers. They have also confirmed that the One will be region locked, so that should deter a lot of overseas imports/gifts.

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Jun 4, 2010
Hyderabad
Leave alone the policy, the late launch in Asian markets has already killed any sales it could gain out of hardcore MS fans.. For eg:: My hardcore Xbox fan friend says "MS is forcing him to get PS4 for all the right reasons" :)

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Jun 4, 2010
Hyderabad
Looks like they will change it in coming days before launch.. As i said they will come up saying "we convinced our publishers to allow us to give the DRM free gaming for you"

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Sep 5, 2009
They have already mentioned that 24hr check-in can be relaxed for people deployed in the military, so it's not that the One will stop functioning without it. Let's see.

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Jun 4, 2010
Hyderabad
IMO none of the stupid policies that MS has comeup with is irreversible. Its just that they want to milk out extra money but Sony spoiled the show for them.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
From these experiences I would like to impart to you conversations that I have either been a part of or witnessed during my time away from home.

“Hey, Jay, do you want to come over tonight? We are going to have a Halo tournament.”

“Hey man, you got the new Gears of War game sent to you right? Can I borrow it when you’re done?”

“Bro, I picked up the new Forza when we were in Bahrain, let’s get started.”

For example, on my last deployment a squadron-mate was unable to enjoy Skyrim on the PS3 because of the well documented issues the system had running the game. Meanwhile, I clocked over 250 hours in Skyrim because, for an entire deployment, it was my sanctuary. It is where I went to calm down after a long day of flying. Although there were patches eventually made available to repair the unfortunate situation, he was never able to download the fixes because while deployed we simply do not have the ability to connect our systems to the internet.

But, the reason that I am so infuriated about it is that I, and my brothers and sisters in arms, will not ever be able to play Xbox One when deployed or on detachment. No longer will the sounds of Master Chief saving the human race echo through the hallowed halls of the USS Abraham Lincoln, or any other USS Ship, when we have a few hours respite. No longer will you see Marcus and Dom sawing through the Locust Horde at the bases in Afghanistan after the Marines have returned from patrol and want to escape their reality for a bit. Those days are now firmly behind us. Microsoft has single handedly alienated the entire military, and not just the U.S. military, the militaries of the entire world.

Gamasutra