XBOX One - News, Rumors & Speculations

It's already confirmed both of the consoles won't have backwards compatibility due to different architecture.
That's not what he meant by old games. Xbox One games are one time installs and if you want to install it on another console you have to pay Microsoft a fee. This is done to curb the second hand game market, but it will backfire unless both the companies work as a cartel.

That's not what he meant by old games. Xbox One games are one time installs and if you want to install it on another console you have to pay Microsoft a fee. This is done to curb the second hand game market, but it will backfire unless both the companies work as a cartel.

We already cleared it up.
As for the used games policy nothing is clear yet, everything is just speculation.
Microsoft has 18 days to revert and show how they plan to go about it.

Woah! That would be too much. Imagine what would be the pricing in India like! 40-45k? :eek:

400-450$ I am guessing. I suppose MS might let us know this E3 along with the announcement of the other exclusive titles.

Mate do you really think that it would be available for like 25 k over here and that too in the first year itself?

I would love for your predictions to be true but looking at the hardware they are giving and comparing it with the current gen which is selling for around 16 odd k. The least i expect is 35 k for the first year.

The highest selling consoles would still remain the 360 and the ps3 in our country and the latest gen would command a premium.

Also did you forget the ludicrious pricing of the vita over here? Gaming consoles would always be sold at a premium over here.

Expect deals and combos on Black Friday on these new consoles this year end. That is if you can source the same through some friend in Amrika.

Expect deals and combos on Black Friday on these new consoles this year end. That is if you can source the same through some friend in Amrika.

When are the consoles expected to launch? September?

But if they're going for late October launch, Black Friday deals won't bring down the price much. Perhaps Christmas/New Year deals would be the right time to buy the console.

We already cleared it up.
As for the used games policy nothing is clear yet, everything is just speculation.
Microsoft has 18 days to revert and show how they plan to go about it.
there has been some hint from the Sony CEO on used games support for PS4 when eurogamers asked for it.. he has been quoted saying "used games are supported by PS4. How about that??". you can google it though.. But if this is true, as i said, MS will have to sweat it out there in the market

When are the consoles expected to launch? September?

But if they're going for late October launch, Black Friday deals won't bring down the price much. Perhaps Christmas/New Year deals would be the right time to buy the console.

Even if they launch in Sep/Oct it will take atleast cose to 4 - 6 months for Indian availability. Going with the currently announced games for launch, they all looks to be there for PS3/Xbox 360. which also means we atleast have an year from the US launch date for PS3's/360's to serve us before swithcing onto PS4/One.

And 1 year after launch should settle down the prices and will also give us decent collection of games on the consoles.

there has been some hint from the Sony CEO on used games support for PS4 when eurogamers asked for it.. he has been quoted saying "used games are supported by PS4. How about that??". you can google it though.. But if this is true, as i said, MS will have to sweat it out there in the market

Both of them will support used games ofc but who will charge what, that remains to be seen.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Both of them will support used games ofc but who will charge what, that remains to be seen.
so you mean to say charging the full amount (as said by MS) for a used game is supporting used game et all??

I mean charging a nominal price is ok.. but not the full amount as "indicated" by MS.

so you mean to say charging the full amount (as said by MS) for a used game is supporting used game et all??

I mean charging a nominal price is ok.. but not the full amount as "indicated" by MS.
Technically they can.... since they sell it as software and not as game. They can sell it as a single user license. And any other person using that copy can either play limited time/levels or will have to purchase the license for using the software. So its not the disk they are charging again :)
Also what I am eager to know is that if I have two consoles in my home both having different xbox live ids say for two kids then how will this licensing thing work. M$ needs to get all such details very clear else it will only piss the prospective buyers....
in USA where 70% of households own some kind of console its not a very rare scenario where a house may be having multiple consoles for say different children or rooms.

I personally would have to problem paying the nominal cost at all. I hope they have some sort of unique code generation which would help us play the games online as well as offline.

This would only give us the ability to save money to buy more software from microsoft themselves.

This would only give us the ability to save money to buy more software from microsoft themselves.

I don't think any s/w industry think it that way.. Today u own a game (might be new or even a used one), u sell it after use to buy another used game.. where are u making business to MS here?? And I don't think you will buy all the new copies of the games u want to play there by reducing a large amount of profits to MS.. that's the idea behind implementing no used games policies just like the way it is in PC's :)

But for a console, the user base (typically Indian user base) doesn't like to adapt it as the games are quite expensive compared to pc games that are regionally priced.

I don't think any s/w industry think it that way.. Today u own a game (might be new or even a used one), u sell it after use to buy another used game.. where are u making business to MS here?? And I don't think you will buy all the new copies of the games u want to play there by reducing a large amount of profits to MS.. that's the idea behind implementing no used games policies just like the way it is in PC's :)

But for a console, the user base (typically Indian user base) doesn't like to adapt it as the games are quite expensive compared to pc games that are regionally priced.
Used games can't be used in PCs? Since when?

I get the profit making part.

Trust me there are gamers out there who wont wait a month or 2 after the release of gears to get their hands on it by waiting for someone to offload it cheaply. There is a healthy base of people who just want to play the game as soon as it releases. This is the sole reason preorders have gained traction over the years.
Now if we have to pay the full price for even the crappy games, then the demand of the same would decrease and thus would result in lower profits.

Understand the current scenario -

A person may buy a new 7/10 game for around 2.5 k with the hope that after playing an ample amount of time he may have the ability to dump it to someone else for 1.5 k. A cost of 1 k to enjoy a decent to mediocre game.
If the person knows that he wont be able to sell it then he simply wont buy one and that would cost ms/or anyother developer the sale.

Market dynamics will work no matter what decision they decide to take.

I get the profit making part.

Trust me there are gamers out there who wont wait a month or 2 after the release of gears to get their hands on it by waiting for someone to offload it cheaply. There is a healthy base of people who just want to play the game as soon as it releases. This is the sole reason preorders have gained traction over the years.
Now if we have to pay the full price for even the crappy games, then the demand of the same would decrease and thus would result in lower profits.

Understand the current scenario -

A person may buy a new 7/10 game for around 2.5 k with the hope that after playing an ample amount of time he may have the ability to dump it to someone else for 1.5 k. A cost of 1 k to enjoy a decent to mediocre game.
If the person knows that he wont be able to sell it then he simply wont buy one and that would cost ms/or anyother developer the sale.

Market dynamics will work no matter what decision they decide to take.
I got your point already, but imagine when PS4 hinted a used game support vs Xbox Ones full payment (literally means no used game) method hitting the markets.. that's wat I said..

Back