Xbox360 or PS3 from a PC Gamers prespective

daviescool said:
Having played on all 3, personally i like the 360 controller and find the ps3 controller too cramped mainly because i enjoy playing gears and halo on the 360 (they are extremely addictive games especially multiplayer, horde and system link matches). PS3 the games and interfaces seem really neat and polished compared to the 360 and somehow graphics do seem crisper to me especially games like uncharted, KZ2 and God of War III. Right now my weekends are taken up by the 360 with multiplayer sessions with friends

Do you have to go through Xbox Live for multiplayer? Or you simply network by yourselves?

IMO, getting x360 fun on pc is possible because released their x360 controller for the pc and most x360 games are on the pc with the controller support, now why buy a x360 unless for playing the exclusives?

Gears of war 2 and its multiplayer are the only thing I seem to be missing about the 360 but know what microsoft is we'll probably see the single player at least,on the PC.

jojothedragon said:
IMO, getting x360 fun on pc is possible because released their x360 controller for the pc and most x360 games are on the pc with the controller support, now why buy a x360 unless for playing the exclusives?
Even I had been contemplating XBOX/PS3 despite the PC. But low price of Xbox and Easy Mod steered me to Xbox hesitatingly. High prices of PS3 games put me off but Xbox felt more like a PC. Agreed that the PS3 games have a good resale. But that is because most Xbox users are buying Rs 100 disks. So selling a legal game becomes difficult. Moreover I dont think I am going to buy any Blue Ray disks because movie downloads are easy (I have a feeling that Blue Ray may be outdated before getting popular like the DVD's. Thanks to devices like xtremer and WD live along with internet).

I realized that PC gaming is a lot different from Console. Console games can be played from a distance and sitting on something more comforable than a computer chair. It has not been a bad experience. Or maybe I was prepared for the worst. I guess PC's are best for FPS games where you need to aim accurately. For all else the console rules. Maybe the graphics quality is not as good as a PC. But it is the total package that counts.

So if one was to play only legal games, PS3 rules. Otherwise there is no choice other than XBOX. But if you enjoy just 5-10 games, you recover the cost of console. I know I am morally wrong, but most of the Indian population is like that.

^^

Well you see I considered the price of the 360 too and the fact that you can easily pirate games on it but I just see myself playing a couple of games and being done with it.All other games are available on the PC and I'll just be avoiding playing those on the PC and playing them on the 360 instead.Moreover if you want to play multiplayer a lot,you won't be able to pirate the games,you'll have to pick one of the pros.

Just a question for the XBOX *ahem* owners. Do you guys just download the games off the HDD and play it ? If that is the case, i wonder why xbox sales do not pick up. It makes things so simple. Ain't it ?

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Just a question for the XBOX *ahem* owners. Do you guys just download the games off the HDD and play it ? If that is the case, i wonder why xbox sales do not pick up. It makes things so simple. Ain't it ?
Nope. That does not work unless you have a JTAG'ed console. The modded ones can play the games off burned dual-layer dvds though.

For Delhi / Gurgaon people , i highly recommend the Gamer Dreamz service. For 1k a month you get access to all the games you want with no time limit. Really makes sense especially for the single player type games where you can just play through once and return it :)

This month alone i played through : Bioshock , God of War 3 , Batman : Arkham Asylum

1k for what would have cost me 7500 bucks.... :D

Lol ... sorry forgot to post the contact details :p

Well .. go to gamerdreamz.com and register there. Select your game. The next day a guy will come and deliver the game at your place. You get a bill n all... You have to pay 2k ie 1k monthly fee n 1k refundable security. After that just select the game from the website and the guy will come n pick it up from ur place the next day while handing you the new one :D

The service is AWESOME ! I just ordered MGS4 :p

On my 4th game this month from them.... btw , the website only lists those games which are currently available for rent. For example, you wont spot Uncharted or Red Dead right now because someone has already rented them.

matoind said:
I know I am morally wrong, but most of the Indian population is like that.
Sadly that is the truth, This is also one of the reasons why PC gaming is popular. Though if i had the choice i would chose a PS3 and a PC Gaming Behemoth to quench my thirst for gaming.

Though this too seems fickle, as sadly many gaming titles are loosing the quality they had in the earlier years. For some reason gaming just isn't as immersive as it was during the PS2 days (that or maybe im getting older).

Anyways congrats for getting a PS3, get some good games for it & you will pat yourself on the back for the hours of relaxation & fun it shall provide you.

Seems like they deliver only in delhi and gurgaon and also some people have said the disc condition is not being great.

I have been with moviemart for last 7 months and they are very professional, they will buy the game even if there a huge demand for it amongst the users.

Whoever said No PS3 game runs on Full Hd needs to check MGS4

^For the nth time, MGS4's native resolution is *not* 1080p. It is rather upscaled to that resolution.

Back