XFX Radeon HD 5870 Unboxing ( 56K warned )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Udit said:
sorry for trying to ruin this thread but posting a review sample as if it's a purchase should not have happened & I had to say it :no:

Fortunately, what can and cant happen is not in yours or anyone else's hand.

You know why this thread exist as a unboxing and not as showoff. Dont make big deal out of it. How many times in past have I not posted many things here so that you can have a go at it first?
I even informed you personally why I have to have an unboxing thread here personally, there was no need for this post at all.

You wont ruin this thread, it has already served its purpose. ( And I have the modpowaaaa :devil2: to clean this up if I feel like it) There is no technical information here and thats why its here and not in GFX section.

Everyone here knows that XFX hasnt hit retail yet. They just made press announcement last week. And this unboxing is they getting the deserving thread here for sending us the sample for the review. It was a professional decision and not the personal one.

You are 23, not 10 years old fighting over who gets to be first! Start acting like that here as well.

Paying money does not ensure fame. Keep it in mind. I will clean this up after a while.

There are some things in life even money cant buy, for everything else there is a MasterCard.....

Peace out.

Shripad said:
( And I have the modpowaaaa :devil2: to clean this up if I feel like it)
misuse of powers is a bad thing sir :(

dear mod don't you think everybody has the right to say what they feel like unless and until it is abusive or causing any harm to anybody ?

H_D said:
misuse of powers is a bad thing sir :(

dear mod don't you think everybody has the right to say what they feel like unless and until it is abusive or causing any harm to anybody ?
The same thing gives me the right to post this unboxing her on TE, and noone has right to take an objection to that as well ;)

And its not misuse, its a use. There is no place for personal fights here on TE. Thats what I will be cleaning up, not other posts.

misuse of powers is a bad thing sir

Misuse? It's a warning my child.
And there's nothing wrong with what he said.

If feel H_D is right ...
I think the best thing for Mods to do here is close this thread....it has deviated too far from its original topic..

Shripad said:
Well...

Let me just get to the point, and by that I mean pics ;)

Enjoy,
Detailed review coming up soon :D

Dont ask for the damages, currently unknown until I decide to keep it :p

@Lida and others asking the same question : Please read, what the OP has said. And on top of that its a review material not a purchased product.

@Pankaj : Why close the thread? Report[!] the posts which you think is obligatory/OT/harsh etc etc.

@ others who try to create fuss in every particle found : Live and Let Live.

virus32win said:
"XFX 5 years support" means five years of warranty?

Its 5 STAR support, not 5 years warranty.
Here is a snap that should explain what it means. (Its on the back of the box )

3304ac8eb00b1374.jpg

The XFX HD 5870 is SO MUCH better looking than the Sapphire card. I cannot believe how bad/bland the Sapphire base card looks. It must actually take more work to take such a cool reference card and make it look so boring. Its like they asked the designer to make it at gunpoint. : |

Like everyone else, awaiting benchmarks :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Wow, I sounded harsh huh? :p Apologies to Udit and others if he/they felt that way but honestly that was just my opinion. No offense meant!

Amien said:
I agree with you that Gannu does seem to go overboard at times, but it would help if you wouldn't cry/crib about everything.

I wanted to reply to your "Well...since I paid for it" post, but I held back on it.

Not sure about other members, but I do not want to be deprived of looking at these pictures till someone officially purchases one, nor do I see the need for a separate section for pictures of review samples.

A little bit of restraint sometimes goes a long way.

please don't tell me when to crib & what to crib for as I have no fear of mods to state my opinion which you call cribbing

Gannu had hurt me & I just made that clear to him

if you wanted to see pix in advance you can just type "xfx hd 5870" on google & get the following links & more:

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15649/40/1/1/

YouTube - XFX ATI Radeon HD 5870 Video Card Unboxing

there are much better quality pix & videos on google than what Shripad took

Gannu said:
Wow, I sounded harsh huh? :p Apologies to Udit and others if he/they felt that way but honestly that was just my opinion. No offense meant!

apologies accepted & I'm sorry for over reacting

I still stand my ground

show-off is for purchased items & not for lame wishes of distributors or review samples

nice card..really looks like bat mobil :D review coming soon ???

and yes i can feel some jealousy in this thread...

Actually these are just teaser pics. Quality is not too good as these are taken by my HTC hero cell phone ;) review pics will be much better. I have finished most of the benching. If all goes according to plan, expect review tomorrow or day after followed by some crossfire fun.

HD5870 crossfire - wow! :D

Grab a couple of 24inchers and post the multi-display trick. :p

^^ I want 3x2 Eyefinity in action. :p In any case I would be interested in the Crossfire tests. :eek:hyeah:

@Shripad: When are you getting the 5850's for review. I am even more interested seeing some 5850 Crossfire action ;) I went through the Guru3D review and I was impressed. I think 5850 CF is a much better value than 5870 CF. If all goes will I will probably pick of two 5850's around December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back