XFX Radeon HD 5870 Unboxing ( 56K warned )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Udit said:
if you wanted to see pix in advance you can just type "xfx hd 5870" on google & get the following links & more:
By that logic, I don't even need to come to TE now do I?

I still stand my ground
show-off is for purchased items & not for lame wishes of distributors or review samples

As long as a show-off makes people drool (and ignite a bit of envy :p ), its purpose has been served.
Not everyone has ~25 grand to spend on a GPU, the same way that not everyone is a reviewer here.

Amien said:

As long as a show-off makes people drool (and ignite a bit of envy :p ), its purpose has been served.
Not everyone has ~25 grand to spend on a GPU, the same way that not everyone is a reviewer here.

absolutely, i agree with amien

Lord Nemesis said:
^^ I want 3x2 Eyefinity in action. :p In any case I would be interested in the Crossfire tests. :eek:hyeah:

@Shripad: When are you getting the 5850's for review. I am even more interested seeing some 5850 Crossfire action ;) I went through the Guru3D review and I was impressed. I think 5850 CF is a much better value than 5870 CF. If all goes will I will probably pick of two 5850's around December.

Hopefully soon enough..

Amien said:

ya you don't need to visit te if you can search & are not lazy enough :tongue:

ok so you go & test drive a 5 crore rupees maybach then stand next to it, snap a pic and post it here as not everyone has 5cr to spend on a Car

but in te's show-off section you just need to make people drool (and ignite a bit of envy) to get its purpose served right?

test drive car = review sample gpu (you don't get to keep any of them officially)

^ Tell you what , in your example let's say i get to test a new Lamborghini that very few people in India have ever driven .. i would be more than happy to post about it here in the show-off section because i know not many will be able to get their hands on it any time soon .

New lambo = HD5870 ;)

udayrulz said:
^ Tell you what , in your example let's say i get to test a new Lamborghini that very few people in India have ever driven .. i would be more than happy to post about it here in the show-off section because i know not many will be able to get their hands on it any time soon .

New lambo = HD5870 ;)

that's plain ridiculous as you cannot post what is not yours in show-off as that's just cheap beggar like behavior

I see now that just because Shripad is a mod you guys are supporting him in fear of getting banned

heights of lameness

Will you stop it Udit- please. w00f, growl, bow wow pow. :p

You are overreacting here seriously. :|

Coming to the debate,

From now on- all may go to a friendly store, take something ub3r cool out of the box, click nice pics and post here saying- "look what i clicked today". :lol:

(One pic with ypu posing with it strictly, else how do we know you took those pics.)

Shri and other mods- no offense meant- you know that.

Shucks- Udit's card should have arrived sooner or Shri's later. :lol:

Udit said:
that's plain ridiculous as you cannot post what is not yours in show-off as that's just cheap beggar like behavior

I see now that just because Shripad is a mod you guys are supporting him in fear of getting banned

heights of lameness

" Height of lameness " Oh! the irony you are the one who is posting all lame crap .. stop acting like a kid ..

And my post is " ridiculous " while you comparing it with some one test driving a 5 Cr car is awesome ?

Grow up .

BIKeINSTEIN said:
w00f, growl, bow wow pow. :p

:

Wth Bikey :rofl:

Udit said:

heights of lameness
lol people not support just coz hes mod

i saw u had posted like this before also when supra had got his hands on 4870 last time and u had ordered it :rofl:

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/1st-hot-chick-its-kind-here-115158.html#post867277

getting stuff first time when other's dont have it is worth posting in show off .

udayrulz said:
And my post is " ridiculous " while you comparing it with some one test driving a 5 Cr car is awesome ?

Grow up .

My cousin brother in US has yesterday only bought a new ps3 slim so should i ask him to take some really nice pics so i can show-off it here and make ppl drool and evny.. huh ?

If you think while keeping your mind centred both shripad and udit are ok at their places but being such a high profile member here(referring to global mod) he should try to stick to the rules and keep others happy too and not sayying that, if did that then nobody will come for objection...directly saying even admin/sysop can't say anything or object !!

If i could have been in shripad's place i would have backed out by transferring this thread to gfx section.

Udit said:
ok so you go & test drive a 5 crore rupees maybach then stand next to it, snap a pic and post it here as not everyone has 5cr to spend on a Car

but in te's show-off section you just need to make people drool (and ignite a bit of envy) to get its purpose served right?

test drive car = review sample gpu (you don't get to keep any of them officially)

Well Udit, Shripad may not have bought the card, but he sure has dibs on being the first on TE to have used/reviewed the card and I sure think its worthy of a show off. In fact I think its more worthy of a show off than a regualr purchase because he is getting to use it earlier than anyone else and for free. Also I don't think there's any rule saying that you have to buy the hardware yourself to post in the show off section. If that were the case there are many threads in Show Off section that violate that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back