Xiaomi has launched Mi TV Q1 75" - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Only at 1.2 Lakhs, fk exclusive. And yes it is only 1.2L given the specs.

75" is huge, it can fit two 55 inch panels inside it.

Based on the European launch earlier its reviews were quite good as well. Really happy that these so called chinese companies have helped us get tech products at competetive prices. The so-called US companies have always fleeced indian customers charging 1.5-2x of what they do in US.

For those who are interested in such things, this is going to be Made in India, so no issues of import etc. etc.
  • VA QLED panel with 1000 Nits of peak brightness
  • FALD with 192 local zones
  • Color Gamut - 95% DCI-P3
  • 120 Hz Panel
  • HDMI 2.1 Port is there but it can't do 4K at 120 Hz. It can go upto 1440p120hz at least based on what I could see online

Last edited:
This TV looks like the real deal. The price, panel quality, speakers everything looks great. Not to mention if you are a gamer then it can go all the way up to 120FPS on 4K so quite future proof as well.

iGyaan has the best review so far in case any one is interested.

2k 120hz and not 4k 120hz as per OP :p
This TV looks like the real deal. The price, panel quality, speakers everything looks great. Not to mention if you are a gamer then it can go all the way up to 120FPS on 4K so quite future proof as well.

iGyaan has the best review so far in case any one is interested.

No need to get this TV, its useless for gaming because there is not VRR so the performance will be choppy and I think I did check a review where it said that the performance while playing games from PC and PS5 was not smooth due to lack of VRR. I would say to invest some 20k and get the LG BX 55 inch for 1.3L, which offers all the features like G_SYNC/FREE_SYNC/VRR/ALLM and it syncs frames from as low as 48 till 120.

No need to get this TV, its useless for gaming because there is not VRR so the performance will be choppy and I think I did check a review where it said that the performance while playing games from PC and PS5 was not smooth due to lack of VRR. I would say to invest some 20k and get the LG BX 55 inch for 1.3L, which offers all the features like G_SYNC/FREE_SYNC/VRR/ALLM and it syncs frames from as low as 48 till 120.
Sure the BX might be a better TV but once you are used to a large screen TV, nothing else compares. Its like going back to a 32" LED TV from the 50-55" ones these days.

However, i'm just not sure about chinese TV brands in general as they skimp on the software support, and general usability features in general. The only way I buy a TV is to see how it looks in person. Was about to pull the trigger on one of those OnePlus QLED ones but skipped them after seeing them in person. So many niggling issues

Sure the BX might be a better TV but once you are used to a large screen TV, nothing else compares. Its like going back to a 32" LED TV from the 50-55" ones these days.

However, i'm just not sure about chinese TV brands in general as they skimp on the software support, and general usability features in general. The only way I buy a TV is to see how it looks in person. Was about to pull the trigger on one of those OnePlus QLED ones but skipped them after seeing them in person. So many niggling issues
Just buy a firestick or nvidia shield and never use the os again, which is what I do with any smart tv...even the samsung/sony os doesnt come close to the above mentioned dedicated smart solutions

Just buy a firestick or nvidia shield and never use the os again, which is what I do with any smart tv...even the samsung/sony os doesnt come close to the above mentioned dedicated smart solutions
Exactly. No matter what manufacturer, no one updates and manages the os as well as fire tv or mi box

I have used both. No complaints at all apart from fire sticks remote going bust every few months.

Ideally its the best solution but I hate remotes. 1 for tatasky, 1 for the sound bar (for changing audio modes only though, thank god for ARC), 1 for the TV and another for the streamer is too many. Its 2021, we shouldn't have to suffer through terrible softwares.
While that can be fixed, I was referring to the general usability of some of these TV's in terms of the picture settings which are quite inadequate compared to any mass market brand TV like LG,Samsung, etc. They usually lack a brightness/colour temp sensor, have worse outputs & inputs, issues with ARC if connecting soundbars/AVR's, Slow UI, worse service & parts support, significantly worse colour accuracy and most importantly, garbage QC. If you get a bad panel, good luck getting a new one.

Enough ranting, lets see the actual reviews. I just wish we had a brand like TCL bring their US lineup here, not the gimped ones they sell us.

Ah so I am not alone in experiencing this. Also a fully charged battery seems to drain away in just few days. Have kept the fire TV remote aside and managing with TV remote in CEC mode.

Earlier firesticks had the severe battery drain issue but seems newer ones don't have it. Also fire tv edition tv remotes (i have onida tv) too doesn't have battery drain problem.

amazon dumped us refurb/issue models initially as firetv launched in India.
90pc of all fire tvs have remote issues. Bloody class action suit in the US, but hey this is India!

Also, someone mentioned get a shield - you cant over the counter importing one takes months. Its not the perfect solution for India.
someone mentioned Mibox. As a person who owns the mibox and shield, they are not in the same league.

Getting a dedicated media player is better, though - agreed.
this TV is good, but too many caveats with overall quality in these MI/Chinese Brand Products.

someone mentioned Mibox. As a person who owns the mibox and shield, they are not in the same league.

Getting a dedicated media player is better, though - agreed.
this TV is good, but too many caveats with overall quality in these MI/Chinese Brand Products.
As someone who turns on the tv only 3-4 times a month, I would much rather have access to cheap functional solutions instead of the best but expensive ones like the nvidia.

I got the mi box after buying the fire stick coz of the overall cost creep due to the bloody remote. I am happy i got the mi box for a little over 3k.

For those who use the tv more, I agree the the mi box isn't the smoothest.

As someone who turns on the tv only 3-4 times a month, I would much rather have access to cheap functional solutions instead of the best but expensive ones like the nvidia.

I got the mi box after buying the fire stick coz of the overall cost creep due to the bloody remote. I am happy i got the mi box for a little over 3k.

agree, but for your usage a smart tv should suffice.

I do concur that the earlier firestick's remotes were horrible in terms of battery drain but I think sometime mid way they changed to bluetooth (or to wifi) and that stopped causing the battery drain. I have Fire Stick 4K at home and don't have battery drain issue.

Extremely underwhelming panel. I would for sure give this a pass. Aside from size for price - there is nothing good about this TV. Colors washed out, whites are off. Save your money and buy something else if you're a stickler for picture quality - Just look at the YouTube logo in the below video -

Having said that - on paper this is a very VFM product if you just want a big tv and don't care much for picture/panel quality.

Back