Xiaomi Mi3 launched - Stunning 14k price

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep got mine too!4 days shipping-bluedart is useless!!anyways awesome phone looks more premium than my Note3!also is super smooth and a joy to use, screen is awesome...battery falling at the rate of the note3, thats alarming i thought this would hold charge better than the samsung. Tried screen mirroring too works great if only they had incuded the infrared port -this wood be perfect!!'
p.s- unable to get speed dialing to work, anybody got theirs to work?

Here are my initial Impression.
  • Looks awesome. Feels Ok......maybe I am used to lugging Nokias around it feels too light and plasticky but looks like metal.
  • MIUI is impressive. Almost everything that is "essential" is bundled along.
  • Camera is the best I have seen under 20-25K phones......the features bundled alone will make up for any misgivings. NO conclusion as of yet.
  • Nice themes, don't feel like using 3rd party launchers now. Maybe I will get bored and switch back to NOVA later.
  • Phone heats up while charging.......and I mean you WILL notice the heat. Warms up a bit when doing intensive stuff.
  • Audio through speaker is ok......with its earphones is good. There are lots of settings to tinker around so no again conclusion yet.
  • Have to stress test the phone yet.
  • I will review it within 2 days.
Did u get Earphones with it ? I just got the charger .

Everyone is complaining about the heating issue on fk review. Is it really bad?
I've seen the phone kind-of heated up when I've charged it non-stop. Basically, battery heat.

Haven't played games so can't comment on heating of other components.

Everyone is complaining about the heating issue on fk review. Is it really bad?
Not on my set. It heated up the very 1st time I charged it. Subsequent charges have been via portable charger. No heat whasoever.
Yesterday played around 1 and a half hours continuously - Kingdom Rush Frontieres, Walking Dead Assault and some Adult Swim games. No heating at all. Though yes, the battery depleted to ~65% from 80% or so.

had played real racing 3 for about 30 minutes, would say it got heated up a little bit which was normal (May be hyderabad is cool these days :p), galaxy s5 never used to get heated up this much but stutters very much :D

Have started using my phone only since yesterday. My short review of the Xioami 3

Screen - Absolutely wonderful. The IPS display really excels and is soothing to the eye. The colors are rich and not overly saturated. But glass is overly reflective and I personally found it sometimes a bit difficulto use under overhead glare.

UI : Very good to look at and quite good to use it too. I like the richness and the eye candy that the UI has. Looks similar to the iPhone UI that we had prior to iPhone 5S but looks very rich for a phone at this price. I think this is why its called the apple of china. I don't have any complaints on the UI. In fact, I like it over the cheap look of the Samsung UI.

The free themes are an excellent add on if you are bored with the stock look.

Camera : Very good for a 14K phone. Pictures come out a bit dark in normal conditions. Colors are not true and are a bit over satured. . Cream comes out yellowish. There is an option to change the saturation but the results are still not spot on. White balance is not good and I don't see any option to adjust the white balance. Correct me if I am wrong. Overall, one shouldn't mind all these minor issues considering the price. Xioami has packed a feature rich camera module.

Phone : Zero lag, buttery smooth. Call quality is good although the speakerphone volume could be a little louder.

Looks : I like the metal back. Looks better than some of the Flagship phones.

Build quality is good and at this price, I wouldn't complaint.

Negatives :

The biggest drawback I would like to mention is that the phone gets slightly heated up when in use and almost to uncomfortable levels when being charged. I am worried that the phone might brick soon with the amount of heat that is getting generated by the device. I am yet to play any games and check the heat since I am unable to install any app from the playstore.

Standard Old school Sim card. Yes, I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the sim slot. Had to run to my local shop for a sim adapter. Couldn't understand Xioami's choice of going with a standard sim. Might be something to do with their largest customer base which is China.

The updates from the Xiaomi servers are taking ages to download. I don't know if its only me.

Some other quirks : Unable to install any app from the play store. Will have to look for fixes. Sure must be a one off issue.

Love my Xioami Mi3 for what I have seen till now. Will update as I get deeper into the phone.

Most people don't even care to read the previous pages before repeating the same question again and again, I request whoever you may be to go through the thread first and then ask the questions!

FK's page just has a bunch of trolls and bots who are there to put a negative PR, and please don't post such a copy paste stuff right out of FK's FB page!

People who have got the first sale, at least the fellow members who have purchased the phone on TE are more than happy to have a pleasant experience.

Don't go with idiotic reviews on flipkart.......I read one where the guy returned the phone bcoz of "defective SIM slot". I don't even know why morons like these buy this phone. Let these ppl go and buy s5 or z2 and leave the mi3 for power users who could not get one.

and most of them are using the phone with the plastic cover on...its blocking proximity sensor and blurring the visual(again i saw a 1 star rated review on fk).

As far as heating issue is concerned its true does warm up considerably with certain games.....its not consistent. I played beach buggy blitz for an hour straight with no issues but when charging with wifi on...it heated like hell. If left alone when charging its cold as ice. Not sure what to make out of this.
I would say its not a major issue, go for it. My immediate problem is storage....would have preferred 64gigs at the least.

MIUI is surprising me everyday!

Camera : Very good for a 14K phone. Pictures come out a bit dark in normal conditions. Colors are not true and are a bit over satured. . Cream comes out yellowish. There is an option to change the saturation but the results are still not spot on. White balance is not good and I don't see any option to adjust the white balance. Correct me if I am wrong. Overall, one shouldn't mind all these minor issues considering the price. Xioami has packed a feature rich camera module.
Enable the "Advanced mode" under camera settings. And I disagree. Colors are neutral, not over saturated. It is almost a 180 from Samsung's camera where pics gets heavily PP-ed.

Enable the "Advanced mode" under camera settings. And I disagree. Colors are neutral, not over saturated. It is almost a 180 from Samsung's camera where pics gets heavily PP-ed.

Yup, got the auto white balance to work now. Thanks a ton...Still I have to increase the EV by one notch so that pictures don't come out too dark under indoor conditions...

^Really looking forward to 64GB but if OPO makes a landing sooner than ever, Xiaomi stands to lose out!
OPO wont be coming anytime soon in India, but even if it comes it will be priced closed to Xiaomi or maybe more but only 16gigs version(Like MI3). Considering the Invite Cr** which they using seems to be bugging a lot of people.
64Gb Xiaomi is really good to satisfy my needs as thats the sole reason i took 64gigs over 16gigs even though i had to cough 7-8k extra.

I am buying it tomorrow guys. Wish me good luck. :p Got a email from flipkart that mi3 will be automatically added to my cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back