Xiaomi Redmi 1S goes on sale on Flipkart for Rs. 5999

I ordered one too on 2nd sept. its stuck at whitefield warehouse from 3 days. my house is just 6 kms from that warehouse.
They called me yesterday that fedex does not service that area.WTF cos fdex delivered stuff to my house that day itself.

I ordered one too on 2nd sept. its stuck at whitefield warehouse from 3 days. my house is just 6 kms from that warehouse.
They called me yesterday that fedex does not service that area.WTF cos fdex delivered stuff to my house that day itself.
You can contact them for pickup from Warehouse.

fk i guess is deliberately doing this to try to get some users to fk first.
my sisters phone got shipped from whitefield and is stuck in mumbai for past 4 days with delhivery .

Guys those who have received it can you please comment on the heating issue ?
A friend of mine is constantly b**ching regarding heating issue.According to him while making a call or even downloading a app from play store the phone is getting heated up.
He also said that Free ram was only around 100-150mb.

The phone does get hot - while charging, making calls, and leaving the screen on for a long time . The weird part is the middle back of the phone gets hot, which is surprising since the battery is not the affected part due to heat

Now onto more major pressing issues - This phone can't multi-task for crap, Tried running 8tracks music app while surfing on chrome, 8tracks crashed :(
Tried with Gaana and Grooveshark, same result.

Apps like Facebook, twitter, instagram, chrome don't cache data at all, you jump out of any of these apps for even a minute it has to reload everything.

Apps regularly crash or start lagging - opened candy crush and facebook, candy crush crashed
Play some music and open the camera app - the music app crashes (fyi my old iPhone 4 can do this just fine)

It really is frustrating knowing that it has 1GB of ram and over 700mb is used by MIUI ...making it the most inefficient OS for RAM management

I hope they can fix these issues soon otherwise I'm sending it back to flipkart.:mad:

The phone does get hot - while charging, making calls, and leaving the screen on for a long time . The weird part is the middle back of the phone gets hot, which is surprising since the battery is not the affected part due to heat

Now onto more major pressing issues - This phone can't multi-task for crap, Tried running 8tracks music app while surfing on chrome, 8tracks crashed :(

Apps like Facebook, twitter, instagram, chrome don't cache data at all, you jump out of any of these apps for even a minute it has to reload everything.

Apps regularly crash or start lagging - opened candy crush and facebook, candy crush crashed
Play some music and open the camera app - the music app crashes (fyi my old iPhone 4 can do this just fine)

It really is frustrating knowing that it has 1GB of ram and over 700mb is used by MIUI ...making it the most inefficient OS for RAM management

I hope they can fix these issues soon otherwise I'm sending it back to flipkart.:mad:
I have canceled my order after I saw so many bad reviews at miui forum about apps close issue.
The problem is MIUI takes almost 800mb RAM itself and only 200mb RAM is left for other apps. During multitasking, apps start to freeze and close itself. But one should not expect much at this price point. The problem would be resolved with kitkat update on the phone. For links look at MIUI official forum.
That's why I was canceled my order from first sale. I was managed to canceled my order after I saw so many bad reviews about app crash issue on MIUI forum.

Though I am very happy with Mi3.

This is not true brother. After reading your comment I actually tried everything. At the moment of writing this comment, I have 7 tabs open on chrome, music playing in background (miui music player), an active download on dolhpin browser. Also, while all things open I fired up the camera app and clicked a photo, nothing crashed.

I agree the free ram available is obviously pretty low for a 1gb phone, but apps don't crash (not on my phone, not yet at least).
I have about 30 apps installed at the moment.

This is not true brother. After reading your comment I actually tried everything. At the moment of writing this comment, I have 7 tabs open on chrome, music playing in background (miui music player), an active download on dolhpin browser. Also, while all things open I fired up the camera app and clicked a photo, nothing crashed.

I agree the free ram available is obviously pretty low for a 1gb phone, but apps don't crash (not on my phone, not yet at least).
I have about 30 apps installed at the moment.

Wow you serious? because I can replicate the problem even after factory restting and restarting the phone without updating or installing anything extra like themes or launchers

What is going on?

EDIT - can you try playing music form 8tracks or gaana and then going into the camera app to see if the either of the apps crash? thanks.

Last edited:
Switching from one app to another also isn't a problem for me, like you said leaving Facebook and then returning back makes it restart etc, doesn't happen with me ( my duration of leaving the app is at Max 2-3 min).

I tried all that only upon reading your comment. Maybe you have many more apps installed than me.

I deleted few apps that came pre installed ( play music, some office app etc ), use miui player, and other office suite instead.

Not sure what's the problem with your device is, but honestly I haven't had a single app crash till now ( fingers crossed).[DOUBLEPOST=1410459362][/DOUBLEPOST]Will try gaana and saavn tomorrow, don't have them installed at the moment ( and need to sleep now). Will surely update you.

Will also be rooting the phone tomorrow. (Greenify should be very helpful). :)

Let me make a video to highlight the problem

Running nova launcher, hardly have any apps installed, I constantly free up ram but it makes no difference.

Edit - here is the video

Last edited:
^^ That doesnt happen with me brother. o_O[DOUBLEPOST=1410483149][/DOUBLEPOST]Will make a video today. Dont have a device with decent camera at the moment, will root and try screen recording.

got the delivery yesterday and while initial install and update it did get uncomfortably warm.
but after than use is reasonably smooth and am happier with this over my nokia 720.

usually have the following running on my phone.
1. whatapp
2. hangout
3. gmail
4. gmaps
5. cisco webex
6. cisco jabber
7. kindle
8. default browser
9. 2048
launcher is the default launcher.

Free memory is around 100mb most of the times.
did not encounter reloads of the webpage on the browser.

get this phone only if you like miui. am new to it and i reasonably like it.
i feel the phone is pretty smooth at the price range and completely value for money.

Let me make a video to highlight the problem

Running nova launcher, hardly have any apps installed, I constantly free up ram but it makes no difference.

Edit - here is the video

Sorry for the OT - but Led Zep Rocks!

Anyhoo, is everyone on the same firmware? Seems the available RAM varies a lot from piece to piece. iGyaan review said about 300mb is available. Gogi said about 400mb. But he did mention issues with the s/w & especially the camera app. I'm assuming both the reviewers reviewed with the stock apps.
On this thread here, people seem to be reporting about 200mb to 100mb of RAM available. So what gives?

Received now with battery 0 % and since last 15 minutes it has not charged and not booting up :(

Started working now and its awesome and i do not understand why it did not charge initially

Last edited:
Back