Xiaomi Redmi 1S goes on sale on Flipkart for Rs. 5999

I have received the phone yesterday.It came with the v34.Its telling me to update to v36.What do i do ? Update it to v36 or wait for a more stable version ?
My house is on a main road and there are lots of dust.Like i have to clean my pc atleast 3 times a day.
Is there anyway to protect the redme1s from dust ?
Either update to v37 or remain with 34, don't update to 36, it's buggy.

I'm amazed it has wireless display and it works just fine! Didn't expect that feature in a low-end device.battery seems to be okay too.only drawback I am finding is no shortcut buttons illumination!I was holding the phone upside down the dark and was wondering why i can't hear the other person! The problem was screen had auto rotated to upside down orientation and it took me a while to realize that....only solution for this would to lock rotation.also the charger is 2 amps, that's surprising for a small phone like this-but good nonetheless

Mi3 also has the feature and I think it will work better compared to Redmi.

I am having old Samsung LCD which doesn`t have built in WiFi, so is there any add on device to use this wifi dispaly ?

I am looking forward morever to play my music via this than just a display... TIA

wsm tool +
If its really important to you, you might want to have the app. (Rooting the Redmi is a piece of cake ;) )

i rried to to root it but because of v37.0 i m not been able to do it :( in tutioral it said STABLE MIUI version 5 reqiured but now i avae 37.0 wic is not stable :(

plz help

Here's the link to Chinese V40.0 for Redmi 1S. Hope its good enough. Cheers
http://www.miui.com/thread-1998850-1-1.html
u done update to v40.0 let me know wat major differnt u fill ?
http://en.miui.com/thread-21881-1-1.html
V37 is stable and follow this guide to have the root...

already folloed all te step to unroot but 9.
  • After reboot go to Security -> Permission and activate Root permission
tre is no permission tab i found :(

plz need help

After reboot go to Security -> Permission and activate Root permission
tre is no permission tab i found :(

plz need help
@jaydipmori , open Security app and you'll find Permission, I was also confused first. Open the spoiler below See the screenshots
Screenshot_2014-09-15-15-43-04.png
Screenshot_2014-09-15-15-43-14.png

Last edited:
u r 100/100 bro :p @Dare Devil

Any ideas why INFIBEAM has listed REDMI 1S as coming soon!

Are they diversifying?
just marketing to divert buyer to site :p

@jaydipmori , open Security app and you'll find Permission, I was also confused first. Open the spoiler below See the screenshots
yea bro also u need rename unroot file to update.zip to detect :p

te custmization level of tis cell is amazing :) miui is amazing instlleed a lot of theme tmrw :p[DOUBLEPOST=1410847929][/DOUBLEPOST]will be back @1PM any tips for tis sale buddy

Need 2 only more for my uncle and fiance :p

My bros r trying tre luck on flipkart app :p

Let pray for all of us to get 1s we need also our semi GOD @Dare Devil :p

Last edited:
Tension mounting....:nailbiting:[DOUBLEPOST=1410856286][/DOUBLEPOST]OOS :(

Friends... please let me know if any of you could spare me a phone..

Last edited:
Back