Xiaomi Redmi 1S goes on sale on Flipkart for Rs. 5999

The Knight

Knight is coming
Adept
Xiaomi-Redmi-1S.jpg
Xiaomi-Redmi-1s-India-Sept-2nd.jpg

Xiaomi launched the Redmi 1S, a budget smartphone in India at the Mi 3 launch event last month, today at the Delhi event the company has announced that it would go on sale at Rs. 5999 on Flipkart starting September 2nd. It would be a flash sale similar to the Mi 3, and the registrations for the sale would begin starting today, August 26th at 6PM. This is Rs. 1,000 cheaper than the price Xiaomi announced last month, just like it did for the Mi3.

The Xiaomi Redmi 1S packs a 4.7-inch HD IPS display, powered by a 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8228) processor with Adreno 305 GPU and runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) based MIUI ROM. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash f/2.2 aperture and a 1.6-megapixel front-facing camera.

Xiaomi Redmi 1S specifications

• 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with Dragontrail glass protection
  • 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8228) processor with Adreno 305 GPU
  • 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 64GB
  • MIUI v5 on top of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
  • Dual SIM
  • 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4ųm sensor, 1080p video recording
  • 1.6MP front-facing camera
  • Hi-Fi System with Dirac sound
  • 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
  • 2000 mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 1S would be available in grey color, but a range of colorful back covers would be available separately for Rs. 469. It would also sell screen protectors for Rs.179, silica gel covers at Rs. 359 and flip covers at Rs. 559.

I don't know about the xaiomi phones but the build quality of moto e and g is top notch and also the IPS screens used in both are awesome as compared to other lesser Chinese oem sellers ( karbonn , lava ,xolo and micromax ) .

Specs wise it is almost matching the Moto G!
Bro. it's better than moto g.I can only imagine how fast stock android will be on it.Big trouble for the moto g & e market, also flipkart has stopped stocking those phones because of low sales.If I had money I would have done a marketing campaign for xiaomi on tv ads and all over.People should be aware of such a good brand and it's pricing so that the samsungs,lg,nokia would know their places.

Good brand :D

Yea right.
For a Chinese company, they have been able to grab attention across the globe. They have withstood the prejudices and their products have been reviewed by the top guns like gsmarena and techradar. It's only fair to call it a "good" brand even if it may not evoke the same feeling one has when they hear of Apple or Samsung. And then there's Barra... :D

According to this (and I used to trust GSM-Arena a lot) review: "Handling the Xiaomi Mi 3 is as pleasurable as it can get - the polycarbonate unibody is solid and provides great grip thanks to its matte surface."

So, I went ahead and bought it and I realized that it can hardly match the build quality of my 3 years old Moto Defy, let alone match that of the Moto G or Nokia Lumia series and these actually use a good durable polycarbonate body. The sim eject hole was easily blemished by the Sim eject pin that was given by XIOMI themselves. Even the paint on MI3 when seen carefully is not applied properly.

Why's there so much hype and sooo many dishonest reviews on the Internet is hard to say, but I suggest you wait, have a hands on experience and only then make a purchase. Remember, Moto will never skimp on build quality.

According to this (and I used to trust GSM-Arena a lot) review: "Handling the Xiaomi Mi 3 is as pleasurable as it can get - the polycarbonate unibody is solid and provides great grip thanks to its matte surface."

So, I went ahead and bought it and I realized that it can hardly match the build quality of my 3 years old Moto Defy, let alone match that of the Moto G or Nokia Lumia series and these actually use a good durable polycarbonate body. The sim eject hole was easily blemished by the Sim eject pin that was given by XIOMI themselves. Even the paint on MI3 when seen carefully is not applied properly.

Why's there so much hype and sooo many dishonest reviews on the Internet is hard to say, but I suggest you wait, have a hands on experience and only then make a purchase. Remember, Moto will never skimp on build quality.

You sure you didn't get a fake one? I've compared both the Moto G and the Xiaomi Mi3. Both are equally well built.

You sure you didn't get a fake one? I've compared both the Moto G and the Xiaomi Mi3. Both are equally well built.
I own Moto Defy, Moto E, and Moto G. I could tell the difference pretty easily. I was very optimistic about MI3's Hardware & build, but it was worse than what I had expected.

I own Moto Defy, Moto E, and Moto G. I could tell the difference pretty easily. I was very optimistic about MI3's Hardware & build, but it was worse than what I had expected.

Well, I own a Moto Defy+ and now an Mi3. And my friend owns a Moto E.
I totally agree to the fact that Moto Defy is a solidly built device. But I personally felt the build quality of Mi3 to be better than Moto E. My Xiaomi feels really solid and hard in hands so no issues for me there while my friend is complaining of how his Moto E's back panel is a bit rickety after just one month of usage.

My friends MOTO G lock button stopped working within a month :D
user experience varies as well and those days of MOTO defy are not the same anymore

Many people are talking about the loose back cover of the Moto E. If my sis have the same issue I'll let you guys know.

Back