You get what you paid for - Why you should consider paying for brands like Corsair | Brand Appreciation Thread

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Long story short. Not many companies do good customer service - let alone GREAT customer service. But a recent experience with Corsair left me with my faith restored in brands that take their customer care seriously and do a damn fine job at it. And that's why they deserve kudos when they deliver on their ethos.

Cut short to the issue. I purchased my Corsair K70 LUX RGB mechanical keyboard in the UAE way back in 2017. By now it was out of warranty.
1. On the 10th of November I found the underside support of my Page Down key broke (plastic mounting grip fixed to the key cap).
2. 11th of November morning 10 am - filled up a request with Corsair Support via their site - not specifically asking for a replacement since I knew the kb was out of warranty - but rather asking them how or where I could purchase a replacement.
3. 12th of November I initially received what appeared to be an auto reply that detected since I was from india - to contact India Support. I did so immediately sending an email to their India Service Team ( I'm pretty sure it's Kaizen handling it still).
4. On the same day in the evening I was surprised to see one of their direct support reps email me to ask for the details of the key replacements required (apparently Corsair supports customers with free key replacements up to 5 keys!), the product serial/tag details at the back and my address.
5. On the 13th of November - the same rep wrote back to me saying the shared the details with their Taiwan warehouse to ship out replacements of the key to me and also with an expected shipping timeline of 2 weeks as per normal processes.. Their India Service team still hadn't responded btw!
6. The same day at 9 in the evening - India service finally emails me asking me to share details of the keyboard model and serial number along with the shipping details, lol!
7. I wrote back saying Corsair had already instructed the shipping of my replacement and I didn't need another.
8. This evening I got a delivery from Corsair via DHL Express - opened to find a nice little bubble padded envelope with not 1 but 2 Page Down keys (lol!) in record time.

This reminded me of an instance years ago way back in the 2000's when I got myself a Flash Voyager (which lasted me many a years and withstood massive amounts of abuse/machine wash cycles!) from Corsair through KMD on E - I lost the rubber cap somewhere. I emailed them then about it and they did a similar thing by shipping out a simple usb cap from their stores!

Long story short - It's service like this from a brand that makes for loyal customers. One of the reasons I often tell people when they buy stuff especially expensive stuff is to choose brands and companies wisely not necessarily always on price - but on how they treat their customers. Corsair had no reason to do what they did. In fact going by their own customs declaration - they stated that they do sell a full set of replacement keys for their products for USD $ 29.99 - valuing each key at just USD $ 0.28 - that's right - 0.28 x 74.2 = 20.7 INR!! that's right - 20 bucks! I'm willing to bet that the cost of shipping by DHL alone would have been higher than the value of what they shipped! Mind you, my keyboard is out of warranty - and technically didn't qualify for support as per my understanding of their standard coverage terms!

All this with ZERO fuss on purchase proof or date of purchase etc etc etc. Not only did they respond in super quick and efficiently but they clearly put their Indian partners to shame. It speaks volumes of their company's approach to customer satisfaction and why I'll say this - given a choice - if you have an item that's made by them and is a little more expensive - go with Corsair. They're worth it.

This is probably the third time overall I've reached out to Corsair - previously for the usb cap and later was for their AIO cooler failing on me - again Kaizen caused problems for me but their direct service reps were excellent - I have a thread on it somewhere on this forum - yet they've come through every time!

I don't know how many of you'll have had a similar experience with them or other brands - but if you'll have had a good experience - drop a reply. Also please share good experiences with other brands that you think other members might not be aware of.

we are quick to complain, so it's apt we also appreciate them when they do well - especially so when they do great!

0q2jznk.jpg

wC9jsfB.jpg

Long story short. Not many companies do good customer service - let alone GREAT customer service. But a recent experience with Corsair left me with my faith restored in brands that take their customer care seriously and do a damn fine job at it. And that's why they deserve kudos when they deliver on their ethos.

Cut short to the issue. I purchased my Corsair K70 LUX RGB mechanical keyboard in the UAE way back in 2017. By now it was out of warranty.
1. On the 10th of November I found the underside support of my Page Down key broke (plastic mounting grip fixed to the key cap).
2. 11th of November morning 10 am - filled up a request with Corsair Support via their site - not specifically asking for a replacement since I knew the kb was out of warranty - but rather asking them how or where I could purchase a replacement.
3. 12th of November I initially received what appeared to be an auto reply that detected since I was from india - to contact India Support. I did so immediately sending an email to their India Service Team ( I'm pretty sure it's Kaizen handling it still).
4. On the same day in the evening I was surprised to see one of their direct support reps email me to ask for the details of the key replacements required (apparently Corsair supports customers with free key replacements up to 5 keys!), the product serial/tag details at the back and my address.
5. On the 13th of November - the same rep wrote back to me saying the shared the details with their Taiwan warehouse to ship out replacements of the key to me and also with an expected shipping timeline of 2 weeks as per normal processes.. Their India Service team still hadn't responded btw!
6. The same day at 9 in the evening - India service finally emails me asking me to share details of the keyboard model and serial number along with the shipping details, lol!
7. I wrote back saying Corsair had already instructed the shipping of my replacement and I didn't need another.
8. This evening I got a delivery from Corsair via DHL Express - opened to find a nice little bubble padded envelope with not 1 but 2 Page Down keys (lol!) in record time.

This reminded me of an instance years ago way back in the 2000's when I got myself a Flash Voyager (which lasted me many a years and withstood massive amounts of abuse/machine wash cycles!) from Corsair through KMD on E - I lost the rubber cap somewhere. I emailed them then about it and they did a similar thing by shipping out a simple usb cap from their stores!

Long story short - It's service like this from a brand that makes for loyal customers. One of the reasons I often tell people when they buy stuff especially expensive stuff is to choose brands and companies wisely not necessarily always on price - but on how they treat their customers. Corsair had no reason to do what they did. In fact going by their own customs declaration - they stated that they do sell a full set of replacement keys for their products for USD $ 29.99 - valuing each key at just USD $ 0.28 - that's right - 0.28 x 74.2 = 20.7 INR!! that's right - 20 bucks! I'm willing to bet that the cost of shipping by DHL alone would have been higher than the value of what they shipped! Mind you, my keyboard is out of warranty - and technically didn't qualify for support as per my understanding of their standard coverage terms!

All this with ZERO fuss on purchase proof or date of purchase etc etc etc. Not only did they respond in super quick and efficiently but they clearly put their Indian partners to shame. It speaks volumes of their company's approach to customer satisfaction and why I'll say this - given a choice - if you have an item that's made by them and is a little more expensive - go with Corsair. They're worth it.

This is probably the third time overall I've reached out to Corsair - previously for the usb cap and later was for their AIO cooler failing on me - again Kaizen caused problems for me but their direct service reps were excellent - I have a thread on it somewhere on this forum - yet they've come through every time!

I don't know how many of you'll have had a similar experience with them or other brands - but if you'll have had a good experience - drop a reply. Also please share good experiences with other brands that you think other members might not be aware of.

we are quick to complain, so it's apt we also appreciate them when they do well - especially so when they do great!

0q2jznk.jpg

wC9jsfB.jpg
Great to hear this. This is how you make customers loyal for life.

I've only bad experience to share, but I guess it's similar experience for most of the companies except few like Corsair.

I've bought Asus router in Norway, but after I came back to India, the USB ports stopped working. Router was still in warranty and when I contacted Asus support, they told me it is not possible to anything here since product was not purchased here.

I've only bad experience to share, but I guess it's similar experience for most of the companies except few like Corsair.

I've bought Asus router in Norway, but after I came back to India, the USB ports stopped working. Router was still in warranty and when I contacted Asus support, they told me it is not possible to anything here since product was not purchased here.

Asus started out well but of later they’ve just milked customers and have firmly positioned themselves in the market at the premium end with all their products without really delivering any sort of premium service. And yes I’ve heard from others that they’re pissy about service.

they’re no longer VFM at all in my opinion.

@mach9 I'm a bit confused, specifically points 3 and 4.

Do you mean at first the system forwarded you to their Indian partners but then their Taiwan guys responded and the success story is totally due to them and (Kaizen?) had nothing to do with it?

If so that means you got lucky and this was an exception. Because we all know how our support stories usually go. This thread is a typical example. End result almost just like yours. Except he had to go through the indian service center which was a nightmare.

Definitely kudos to the Corsair people in Taiwan but it could have easily gone to shit like your previous experiences. I don't mean to sound like a sourpuss but i'll celebrate when i see and indian operation treat customers like this.

@mach9 I'm a bit confused, specifically points 3 and 4.

Do you mean at first the system forwarded you to their Indian partners but then their Taiwan guys responded and the success story is totally due to them and (Kaizen?) had nothing to do with it?

If so that means you got lucky and this was an exception. Because we all know how our support stories usually go. This thread is a typical example. End result almost just like yours. Except he had to go through the indian service center which was a nightmare.

Definitely kudos to the Corsair people in Taiwan but it could have easily gone to shit like your previous experiences. I don't mean to sound like a sourpuss but i'll celebrate when i see and indian operation treat customers like this.

@Julian Basically when you create a support ticket with Corsair you select the country. So the first reply I received from them was signed simply by the Corsair Support Team that created a ticket asked me to contact India service on an email address they specified which I did.

however the next email I received was specifically sent by a service rep who picked up the ticket and followed up on it for details much before the India service team even replied.

when the India service team did reply, to be fair they asked me for similar details and also created another ticket for be so I’m guessing they were either waiting to see the authorisation in the back end before responding or were simply not efficient.

nevertheless, Corsair direct rep sorted it out and went ahead anyway to authorise the replacement.

in fact last night I received a revert from India service saying that they were instructed via internal communication to replace the key for me as well but I told them I already received my replacement directly from Taiwan so didn’t need it anymore

but you’re right. Kaizen did try to screw me over with my AIO RMA saying it was damaged to which I really took them to task and escalated it up with their HO in Chennai or Bangalore.. this was despite Corsair direct support authorising the RMA and acknowledging the pipe failure from the water block - but yes, this is typical Indian mentality of screwing customers over/laziness. And it’s across companies. Their first innate reaction is to somehow treat the customer with suspicion and is similar to - guilty until proven innocent.

that’s why for most of the reported brands my first recourse is always directly to the brands international reps/customer support. I’ve even had Apple come to my rescue on my MacBook Air as an exception!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any info on how these service outsourcing contracts are made? Does Kaizen make money on every rejected warranty claim? Do they somehow get RMA replacements from the company without giving them to the customer or passing back the damaged item?

What these guys do is absolutely idiotic and shooting themselves in the foot, prima facie. I'm absolutely willing to believe that people can be that stupid, but I think for the sake of my own sanity I have to look for some other motive there can be, even if it's just plain ol' greed.

Does anyone have any info on how these service outsourcing contracts are made? Does Kaizen make money on every rejected warranty claim? Do they somehow get RMA replacements from the company without giving them to the customer or passing back the damaged item?

What these guys do is absolutely idiotic and shooting themselves in the foot, prima facie. I'm absolutely willing to believe that people can be that stupid, but I think for the sake of my own sanity I have to look for some other motive there can be, even if it's just plain ol' greed.

knowing the way Indian business target contracts, they outbid the competition at the lowest rate and then figure out the cheapest antics to ensure they make money on the contract, if that’s screwing the customers so be it. Not saying Kaizen do it but the experience with them has been nowhere near great. That’s a shame for brands like Corsair

I had a similar experience a few years back, I wrote to corsair taiwan. They sent a replacement power button,usb module of the corsair 400r case shipped via dhl.
Once I rma my corsair 4gb usb stick in 2013. They replaced with a new 4gb one but this had a really slow transfer speed. So kaizen gave a 8gb refurbished one, this had issues. So when i again wrote corsair they replaced with a usb3.0 16gb version.

I had a similar experience a few years back, I wrote to corsair taiwan. They sent a replacement power button,usb module of the corsair 400r case shipped via dhl.
Once I rma my corsair 4gb usb stick in 2013. They replaced with a new 4gb one but this had a really slow transfer speed. So kaizen gave a 8gb refurbished one, this had issues. So when i again wrote corsair they replaced with a usb3.0 16gb version.
Kaizen gave you a refurbished one? Is that a standard practice by Corsair? I doubt, I think Corsair serves RMA replacements with new units!

Kaizen gave you a refurbished one? Is that a standard practice by Corsair? I doubt, I think Corsair serves RMA replacements with new units!
Yes it was Kaizen who gave it, not corsair. It was seal packed like new but clearly mentioned re certified.

Both glad to hear this and not glad at the same time. Because I use a Corsair K70 LUX (non-RGB) too it's like 4 years old now. Switch breaking isn't a good story to hear for keyboard. Also mine is repeating the A and E keys for a while but it goes away momentarily before coming back again. Their after sales support is good. It's good to know they replaced your out of warranty switch. I also had good experience with them regarding my cabinet 500R. The front audio panel came loose (the hot glue on the other side was coming off) and I reported to their Indian email and within a matter of week they sent the replacement unit to their Calcutta branchat Kaizen.

I have had experience like this with Logitech previously. My old G15 keyboard died when it was 37 months old, warranty had expired on 36th month. But still Rashi replaced it with a brand new G15 (the smaller version compared to my larger one) without any fuss.

Both glad to hear this and not glad at the same time. Because I use a Corsair K70 LUX (non-RGB) too it's like 4 years old now. Switch breaking isn't a good story to hear for keyboard. Also mine is repeating the A and E keys for a while but it goes away momentarily before coming back again. Their after sales support is good. It's good to know they replaced your out of warranty switch. I also had good experience with them regarding my cabinet 500R. The front audio panel came loose (the hot glue on the other side was coming off) and I reported to their Indian email and within a matter of week they sent the replacement unit to their Calcutta branchat Kaizen.

I have had experience like this with Logitech previously. My old G15 keyboard died when it was 37 months old, warranty had expired on 36th month. But still Rashi replaced it with a brand new G15 (the smaller version compared to my larger one) without any fuss.
Thanks for sharing. I’ve heard Rashi’s name a lot but I’ve never had an interaction with them.. fortunately or unfortunately.. but I’m keen to know how they compare to Kaizen. I believe Rashi handle a lot more brands than Kaizen too if I’m not wrong

Is that same corsair which sells k95 rgb platinum keyboard ?
Apparently on 4 Nov i was told that i will get my keyboard and mouse in 12-14 days, its 4 Dec now and even after calling multiple times and sending messages and email to corsair i got no reply from humans at corsair and kaizen have only one thing to say "it will be available next week" (atleast that's a reply from human unlike corsair who doesn't even bother to reply )

All talk and no go is what cosrair is. my K95 rgb platinum came with bad space bar from day 1, and when i replaced the wasd key ( on day 1 ) caps then i noticed the under side ( same thing that broke off in your case) of all the keys that they all have crack on them. A Rs100 keyboard will have more durability, quality and better support than corsair's top of the line premium product.

And i see no fault of kaizen here, as i got my intel cpu delivered to me in around 7 days of submitting the cpu at service centre ( all 3 products were submitted on same day )

Last edited:
My experience with Netgear was also pleasantly surprising.

I purchased the R7800 many moons back, and before the warranty elapsed, it conked off. Contacted them, and they asked for the invoice, The verification was the only process which took long - around 5 days or so - but from there, the customer rep who supported me was really awesome.
Once verified, he promptly issued an RMA, guided me to the nearest service center. The service center did not have any R7800 in stock, so the rep issued the RMA for R8000. Promptly got it replaced the center (new, sealed unit).. Came home, found out the USB port was not working.
The rep, on his own, checked with me after a day before closing the ticket. I told him the issue, and the good chap issued another RMA, and I got it replaced with a factory sealed R8000 again.

Gave him all the stars possible , with an email feedback to the Netgear team.

They got a customer for life.

Switch breaking isn't a good story to hear for keyboard. Also mine is repeating the A and E keys for a while but it goes away momentarily before coming back again.
Is this something common for mechanical keyboards? I don't have much experience with mech keyboards but have faced the same issues of keys repeating on a TVS gold, which has cherry blue switches. If this is common then I will just buy some cheapo membrane keyboard next time.

My experience with Netgear was also pleasantly surprising.

I purchased the R7800 many moons back, and before the warranty elapsed, it conked off. Contacted them, and they asked for the invoice, The verification was the only process which took long - around 5 days or so - but from there, the customer rep who supported me was really awesome.
Once verified, he promptly issued an RMA, guided me to the nearest service center. The service center did not have any R7800 in stock, so the rep issued the RMA for R8000. Promptly got it replaced the center (new, sealed unit).. Came home, found out the USB port was not working.
The rep, on his own, checked with me after a day before closing the ticket. I told him the issue, and the good chap issued another RMA, and I got it replaced with a factory sealed R8000 again.

Gave him all the stars possible , with an email feedback to the Netgear team.

They got a customer for life.
That's always good to hear. My next router is going to be a Netgear then!

So far touchwood I have had no need to contact Asus for any RMA needs or support.. so will use my AC88U until I need the step up or it conks off
Is that same corsair which sells k95 rgb platinum keyboard ?
Apparently on 4 Nov i was told that i will get my keyboard and mouse in 12-14 days, its 4 Dec now and even after calling multiple times and sending messages and email to corsair i got no reply from humans at corsair and kaizen have only one thing to say "it will be available next week" (atleast that's a reply from human unlike corsair who doesn't even bother to reply )

All talk and no go is what cosrair is. my K95 rgb platinum came with bad space bar from day 1, and when i replaced the wasd key ( on day 1 ) caps then i noticed the under side ( same thing that broke off in your case) of all the keys that they all have crack on them. A Rs100 keyboard will have more durability, quality and better support than corsair's top of the line premium product.

And i see no fault of kaizen here, as i got my intel cpu delivered to me in around 7 days of submitting the cpu at service centre ( all 3 products were submitted on same day )
How did you contact Corsair? Through their support portal and raising a ticket? It is almost impossible that nobody from the customer service team responds to you! Corsair's tickets raised through their direct portal are always handled by support reps.

It's possible you got a bad unit if you had so many issues with the piece. I love my keyboard. It's been working absolutely fine for years now.

The feedback for Kaizen was specific to their response or lack of it, rather their handling process with Corsair products. Have no comment to offer on intel RMA

@mach9 , have taken the liberty of editing and adding Brand Appreciation Thread so that people can post +ve experiences from companies
if not ok, ill edit it back :)

Back