You get what you paid for - Why you should consider paying for brands like Corsair | Brand Appreciation Thread

How did you contact Corsair? Through their support portal and raising a ticket? It is almost impossible that nobody from the customer service team responds to you! Corsair's tickets raised through their direct portal are always handled by support reps.

It's possible you got a bad unit if you had so many issues with the piece. I love my keyboard. It's been working absolutely fine for years now.

The feedback for Kaizen was specific to their response or lack of it, rather their handling process with Corsair products. Have no comment to offer on intel RMA
I first contacted them on facebook, but no reply apart from generic reply from bot that they got the message and will contact me asap regarding the issue ( which they never did on fb either ).
But there was no reply for 2 days so i went to their website to see ways to contact them, there i raised a ticket, there i received 2 emails after raising ticket, one was to mail at "IndiaService@Corsair.com" but second one was that they routed it to appropriate department and gave me ticket number and will contact me in "2-3 days if not sooner". But there is no reply to that ticket yet.
Then after scolding the kaizen guy on phone he gave me corsair's number and i contacted them on phone, corsair support said that they will update me in an hour but then no call from them so i contacted them again next day and they told me that they have dispatched the replacement unit from Bangalore and will reach me in 5-7 days ( it took 8 days though ), then i contacted kaizen to verify if there is a replacement coming from corsair and they said yes.
I submitted 8700k, k95. m65 on 4 Nov, received 8700k at home on 13 Nov and on 15 Nov they contacted me to check if i received the product and if its working perfectly, but received corsair k95 & m65 on 24 Dec.

JFYI, this is what intel said when i received confirmation email (on 6 nov) of rma from them:
Turnaround time for the replacement of the unit is 10-14 days from the day of submission of the defective unit at the service center, provided the stock is available with our depot. In case of unavailability of the stock, our representative will get in touch with you to discuss further options.
So intel may have contacted me if it was the case like corsair, but corsair didn't even bothered to reply.

Kaizen's service was also below average in case of corsair, if they knew no replacement was coming for a 5-6 weeks old rma request then why they didn't pressurized corsair for same.
If there was no m65 RGB pro available then why corsair didn't bothered to contact me to provide update or straight away give another model or refund. were they looking to make it to 100 days ( century of days instead of runs ) to do anything about issue ?

Glad they showed their true color, else i may have ended up buying their ram and either 360 AIO or cpu block to unify RGB.

It's possible you got a bad unit if you had so many issues with the piece. I love my keyboard. It's been working absolutely fine for years now.
I received the keyboard with spacebar stabilization issue when i ordered it, but i decided to use it ( also tried to sell it because i wasn't expecting this mediocre level of QC for top level product of big brand ) because i am lazy.
Now the replacement unit don't have spacebar problem but it still have crack in every keys (the part which connects switch to key, use phone's flash to see that crack if anyone of you have corsair keyboard) which i already expected to be present in every corsair keyboard because of the material used, though it may not be much of a problem for few years but its still a flaw that will cause keys to crack in few years.

Last edited:
I have had very very bad After Sells Service experience with Intel (original motherboard), just within 1-2 month of purchase...

Intel not only send me different but used motherboard with TONS of scratch mark but also didn't send I/O plate with Board & existing I/O plate was not matched with replaced board....

I pleaded them that at least send me I/O plate so can use that USED BOARD, but they toss of me between Intel (out of India Office) & Bangalore Office and after 60 days of waiting I sold whole system with Rs.10,000/- loss (at that time was not aware of TE/FB/Twitter etc.)

I have had very very bad After Sells Service experience with Intel (original motherboard), just within 1-2 month of purchase...

Intel not only send me different but used motherboard with TONS of scratch mark but also didn't send I/O plate with Board & existing I/O plate was not matched with replaced board....

I pleaded them that at least send me I/O plate so can use that USED BOARD, but they toss of me between Intel (out of India Office) & Bangalore Office and after 60 days of waiting I sold whole system with Rs.10,000/- loss (at that time was not aware of TE/FB/Twitter etc.)
Who handles Intel RMA in India? Was your interaction with Intel CS directly or their authorised partner?
I first contacted them on facebook, but no reply apart from generic reply from bot that they got the message and will contact me asap regarding the issue ( which they never did on fb either ).
But there was no reply for 2 days so i went to their website to see ways to contact them, there i raised a ticket, there i received 2 emails after raising ticket, one was to mail at "IndiaService@Corsair.com" but second one was that they routed it to appropriate department and gave me ticket number and will contact me in "2-3 days if not sooner". But there is no reply to that ticket yet.
Then after scolding the kaizen guy on phone he gave me corsair's number and i contacted them on phone, corsair support said that they will update me in an hour but then no call from them so i contacted them again next day and they told me that they have dispatched the replacement unit from Bangalore and will reach me in 5-7 days ( it took 8 days though ), then i contacted kaizen to verify if there is a replacement coming from corsair and they said yes.
I submitted 8700k, k95. m65 on 4 Nov, received 8700k at home on 13 Nov and on 15 Nov they contacted me to check if i received the product and if its working perfectly, but received corsair k95 & m65 on 24 Dec.

JFYI, this is what intel said when i received confirmation email (on 6 nov) of rma from them:

So intel may have contacted me if it was the case like corsair, but corsair didn't even bothered to reply.

Kaizen's service was also below average in case of corsair, if they knew no replacement was coming for a 5-6 weeks old rma request then why they didn't pressurized corsair for same.
If there was no m65 RGB pro available then why corsair didn't bothered to contact me to provide update or straight away give another model or refund. were they looking to make it to 100 days ( century of days instead of runs ) to do anything about issue ?

Glad they showed their true color, else i may have ended up buying their ram and either 360 AIO or cpu block to unify RGB.

I received the keyboard with spacebar stabilization issue when i ordered it, but i decided to use it ( also tried to sell it because i wasn't expecting this mediocre level of QC for top level product of big brand ) because i am lazy.
Now the replacement unit don't have spacebar problem but it still have crack in every keys (the part which connects switch to key, use phone's flash to see that crack if anyone of you have corsair keyboard) which i already expected to be present in every corsair keyboard because of the material used, though it may not be much of a problem for few years but its still a flaw that will cause keys to crack in few years.
Checked my keys.. not all but a sufficient number of them and found no issues of these cracks you have.

Maybe it's a production issue specific to a batch?

Who handles Intel RMA in India? Was your interaction with Intel CS directly or their authorised partner?

Checked my keys.. not all but a sufficient number of them and found no issues of these cracks you have.

Maybe it's a production issue specific to a batch?
Here are 2 images of an arrow key of replacement unit, original unit was purchased more than a year ago so most likely a different batch now yet same flaw.
Another crack 90' adjacent to this one and both of them reaches to bottom ( full length ) then the key will be prone to fail ( nothing that a precise application of fevi quick can't fix before key failure :p )
Also, in my case kaizen handled intel RMA

IMG_E7391.JPG

IMG_E7392.JPG

Is this something common for mechanical keyboards? I don't have much experience with mech keyboards but have faced the same issues of keys repeating on a TVS gold, which has cherry blue switches. If this is common then I will just buy some cheapo membrane keyboard next time.
My experience with mechanical keyboard is from 2016 only, so I can't say for certain whether it's a known issue for mech keyboards or just a specific few.

On an unrelated subject, even after more than 4 years I still can't type as fast as I used to with membrane keyboards due to the travel distance, and while playing CS my sidesteps are almost non-existent due to the same, and it causes so much pain on my fingers. The only things gained by the move from membrane to mechanical are peace of mind- that I'm using a mechanical thereby a superior keyboard (and that's true indeed) and that the longevity of it should be significantly higher.

I really haven't gained anything in respect to user experience, but I lost a few things as said above, and the absurdly high noise comes free also, and I'm using Reds.

Had another great experience with Amazon today.

We buy a particular brand of rice - 5 kgs - every month from Amazon, and this is shipped directly, and is not available via pantry.

Over the last year or so, the Amazon packing went to shambles for this rice pack, and I started getting torn packets - outside tampered, and the main rice packing also torn. Out of 12 deliveries last, year, 6 would be delivered in a torn condition. Normally the packing tears were minor, and only a very small quantity of rice would spill. This time it was a huge gash, and almost half the stuff was out. We didn't see it initially as due to covid, the packages are left outside the house, and we pick it up after a couple of hours.

Complained to Amazon CC, and they asked to send pics. Sent the pics of the gashed area (including back of the packing - which had details of the packing company etc), and the torn outer packaging. Then they asked pic of the bill. Sent that too. Then they asked the pic of the front of the packing. I said I can't do that as turning over the package will cause all the rice to spill, messing my kitchen. The CC was adamant, and wouldn't proceed without the final pic. The value wasn't a huge one (800 INR only), but I was pissed as even after sending all practically possible images, the CC was treating me like a suspect. Disconnected, and dropped a mail to the escalations team outlining the whole ordeal (clearly and courteously - I believe this is super important), and asking them to get the CC at par with their international counterparts.

Got a prompt reply within 12 hours from the executive customer care team, and they apologized and informed the discussion they had with 2 other concerned teams - and offered a refund/replacement. I refused since I had already stored the rice in a different container. They anyway refunded the amount today and dropped another apology mail.

Even though it wasn't a high value item, the prompt response and pro-activeness in keeping the customers happy makes Amazon ahead of the likes of Flipkart, Tatacliq etc. They retained a happy customer.

Had another great experience with Amazon today.

We buy a particular brand of rice - 5 kgs - every month from Amazon, and this is shipped directly, and is not available via pantry.

Over the last year or so, the Amazon packing went to shambles for this rice pack, and I started getting torn packets - outside tampered, and the main rice packing also torn. Out of 12 deliveries last, year, 6 would be delivered in a torn condition. Normally the packing tears were minor, and only a very small quantity of rice would spill. This time it was a huge gash, and almost half the stuff was out. We didn't see it initially as due to covid, the packages are left outside the house, and we pick it up after a couple of hours.

Complained to Amazon CC, and they asked to send pics. Sent the pics of the gashed area (including back of the packing - which had details of the packing company etc), and the torn outer packaging. Then they asked pic of the bill. Sent that too. Then they asked the pic of the front of the packing. I said I can't do that as turning over the package will cause all the rice to spill, messing my kitchen. The CC was adamant, and wouldn't proceed without the final pic. The value wasn't a huge one (800 INR only), but I was pissed as even after sending all practically possible images, the CC was treating me like a suspect. Disconnected, and dropped a mail to the escalations team outlining the whole ordeal (clearly and courteously - I believe this is super important), and asking them to get the CC at par with their international counterparts.

Got a prompt reply within 12 hours from the executive customer care team, and they apologized and informed the discussion they had with 2 other concerned teams - and offered a refund/replacement. I refused since I had already stored the rice in a different container. They anyway refunded the amount today and dropped another apology mail.

Even though it wasn't a high value item, the prompt response and pro-activeness in keeping the customers happy makes Amazon ahead of the likes of Flipkart, Tatacliq etc. They retained a happy customer.
Ha ha nice timing of your post. Just yesterday we had our pantry items delivered and top portion of the 5 kg sugar packet (dhampure) was found to be torn but then glued back. I don't know who is the culprit here (assuming the delivery personnel) but I'll report this is to Amazon obviously and see what they say. The main concern of mine, whether they took the original sugar out and replaced with other sugar, because it looks like the cubes are smaller than what DSL gives, can't be 100% certain.

How to connect to their escalation team? If you can't share publicly do drop a DM.

Ha ha nice timing of your post. Just yesterday we had our pantry items delivered and top portion of the 5 kg sugar packet (dhampure) was found to be torn but then glued back. I don't know who is the culprit here (assuming the delivery personnel) but I'll report this is to Amazon obviously and see what they say. The main concern of mine, whether they took the original sugar out and replaced with other sugar, because it looks like the cubes are smaller than what DSL gives, can't be 100% certain.

How to connect to their escalation team? If you can't share publicly do drop a DM.
Jeff@amazon.com

Somebody from escalations team will get back.

Just be polite, but firm and articulate.

Back