Your Favourite Dell product !!

He is obviously getting it from Dell India just like the previous GOs did. Just because a product isn't avail in channels/dell website does not have to mean that it is NOT available in India.

As per the available information in TE, 2209WA for previous GOs were sourced from overseas.

And if Dell India has 2209WAs, why they are not giving quotes and saying same is not available yet???

Do we have a TE member who is Dell employee and can help us with correct information here, or anybody having direct links in Dell India..

Ah people still not getting it.

As Techshop is a registered Dell Partner, they are getting it before retail launch I guess which is in 1st week of April.

vishals said:
As per the available information in TE, 2209WA for previous GOs were sourced from overseas.

And if Dell India has 2209WAs, why they are not giving quotes and saying same is not available yet???

Do we have a TE member who is Dell employee and can help us with correct information here, or anybody having direct links in Dell India..

The overseas sourcing being referred to in the previous GO threads DOES NOT mean that the monitors did not come from DELL India.

Dell has a manufacturing facility in Tamil Nadu. Whatever products they dont manufacture/assemble locally, they import from thier other such facilities in Malaysia/Singapore.

All such monitors WILL obviously come with warranty provided by Dell India since THEY are importing it and NOT the GO starter

@stalker + @supra

I hope you empathize with the fact that members showing interest in the product have their own fears as this monitor is being offered for 5K less than the previous GO for the same product. This is not a small price reduction but a major one considering that the previous GO is still not a matter of distant past. We just need to hear something which convinces us about this deal. TechShopGuy is a comparatively new dealer (based on the feedback received) and hence the cynicism.

Kneo said:
@stalker + @supra

I hope you empathize with the fact that members showing interest in the product have their own fears as this monitor is being offered for 5K less than the previous GO for the same product. This is not a small price reduction but a major one considering that the previous GO is still not a matter of distant past. We just need to hear something which convinces us about this deal. TechShopGuy is a comparatively new dealer (based on the feedback received) and hence the cynicism.

I do understand your fears. I would request you to just read through the previous GO threads and check out Supras posts in them.

5 k difference in 10-15 days. And ya I was flamed for that also ! Where are those guys now :mad:

I had warned lot of buyers abt this , who all heard got rewarded :)

It was but obvious that 19k was the premium you pay for early adoption. When almost all the monitors are available at US prices, how come this was an exception?

Messa thinks that there was a cartel formation for that monitor, and people who had stock of that monitor had mutually agreed to not sell below that price, as supply was severely limited. Amarbir got a similar price, and he was very sure of it, but he suddenly withdrew without giving a proper reason? Now as the launch date is nearing, the cartel's hold on the supplies are getting weaker.

Maybe its just my conspiracy theory, or maybe not, but someone made a killing on those monitors for sure, and 19K is certainly not a fair price of it.

stalker said:
I do understand your fears. I would request you to just read through the previous GO threads and check out Supras posts in them.

You shouldn't have advised me to do that!!

Now I am more confused than ever after going through Amarbir's and FR's deals. Things apparently are quite murky. The rates quoted for this monitor on TE now ranges from 11K - 14K - 19K. Amazing. I am going to refrain myself from betting on this price point right now. Somehow I am hoping for the prices to fall after the initial hype for this LCD is over.

Supra said:
^^ Well said....Anyway 3 cheers to Sid for getting us a gr8 deal :D

People ORDER ORDER , this is a good and fair price :)

yep this is a fair price considering the prices in the international mkt for the same monitor...however 19k was just not justified...one can understand the difference of 1k -2k cos import duties and all that stuff..but a diff of almost arnd 6k was just not justifiable. Yes early adoption might have placed this monitor at a premium but still 19k was not justified.

Kneo said:
I am sure that if the title of this thread is changed to '2209WA at 14K' or a separate thread is created for just the Dell - there would be a lot of buyers. Members just don't know about this price at all.

+1 to that..lot of people just dont know about it yet...mayb if the techshop guy starts another go like as u said...they will be more buyers....

Supra said:
5 k difference in 10-15 days. And ya I was flamed for that also ! Where are those guys now :mad:

I had warned lot of buyers abt this , who all heard got rewarded :)

Same here when i had first posted about this monitor quite some time back. Though i didnt get flamed but got lot of undue justification as to y this monitor wont be for 14k. In the process i lost hope and then came amarbir but dat also didnt last long and finally sid came along and my hopes livened. I finally ordered...hahahhaa :clap:

Kneo said:
Me seriously interested in this @ 14050 (including shipping for Mumbai). But somehow there is a voice at the back of my head asking me to look at the catch here. How can this monitor be so cheap as compared to the other threads which were selling it at 19-20K !!

Sometimes, things that are too good to be true, really are. Life's like that. :bleh:

Kneo said:
Please someone convince me about this monitor. @TheTechShopGuy - how are you getting it so cheap? Do you have any inside contacts or are these refurbished or do you have some coupons?

Basically, I am buying this monitor from Dell, and selling it to you or anyone else who wants to buy it. And no, Micheal Dell is not my Uncle. What can I say buddy, Its just like any other hardware you have bought or will buy !!!

Kneo said:
Also, would you help us getting replacements for any defective monitor (dead/stuck pixels)?

Warranty cover, as mentioned time and again, would be directly from Dell :) .

Kneo said:
@stalker + @supra

This monitor would be brand new, box packed, squeaky clean, straight from Dell.
This monitor is sourced from Dell India.
This monitor carries a 3 year warranty.
4 people on TE have already confirmed orders for this monitor. -- mjumrani ; var89 ; Boot_Comp ; krazypop

What else do you want to hear?

Kneo said:
You shouldn't have advised me to do that!!

Now I am more confused than ever after going through Amarbir's and FR's deals. Things apparently are quite murky. The rates quoted for this monitor on TE now ranges from 11K - 14K - 19K. Amazing. I am going to refrain myself from betting on this price point right now. Somehow I am hoping for the prices to fall after the initial hype for this LCD is over.

This price is NOT FALLING anymore.

Back