Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Quite late to the PS3 party, but wanted to play the exclusives for quite some years now. Just started with Uncharted 1.

I just completed my huge PS3 backlog a week ago! Now all that's left are Beyond Two Souls and Ni No Kuni. Enjoy the exclusive gems mate! :)

Last edited:
I just completed my huge PS3 backlog a week ago! Now all that's left are Beyond Two Souls and Ni No Kuni. Enjoy the exclusive gems mate! :)
Having been a PC gamer for more than 10 years, it feels a bit odd using the dualshock controller. Hmm, might need some time to get used to it. After the uncharted series, next on my radar are Infamous, GTA5, last of us and Red dead redemption. Anything you recommend which is worthy of picking up before these?

Having been a PC gamer for more than 10 years, it feels a bit odd using the dualshock controller. Hmm, might need some time to get used to it. After the uncharted series, next on my radar are Infamous, GTA5, last of us and Red dead redemption. Anything you recommend which is worthy of picking up before these?

The games you mentioned are all A+ titles and you should play and complete them first along with one more game called Heavy Rain. That should take you quite a while. Next you should definitely have a look at the Metal Gear Solid series, Army of Two series, Killzone Triology, Resistance 2 and 3 (1 will seem extremely dated graphics wise now), Dead to Rights: Retribution and also the God of War saga. Also, Beyond Two Souls, Journey, Ni No Kuni are definitely also worth playing through.

As far as the DS controller of the PS3... yes it does need time to get used to. Stay at it and as you progress through the games you'll slowly come to terms with the control sticks and buttons. Muscle memory takes a little time to get mastered and as you play more you'll get the hang of it. :)

The games you mentioned are all A+ titles and you should play and complete them first along with one more game called Heavy Rain. That should take you quite a while. Next you should definitely have a look at the Metal Gear Solid series, Army of Two series, Killzone Triology, Resistance 2 and 3 (1 will seem extremely dated graphics wise now), Dead to Rights: Retribution and also the God of War saga. Also, Beyond Two Souls, Journey, Ni No Kuni are definitely also worth playing through.

As far as the DS controller of the PS3... yes it does need time to get used to. Stay at it and as you progress through the games you'll slowly come to terms with the control sticks and buttons. Muscle memory takes a little time to get mastered and as you play more you'll get the hang of it. :)
Whoa! That list should keep me occupied for quite some time. Thanks for the reco. Good you reminded me of God of War, that's another title I might pick up early. The earlier GOW games were for PS2 IIRC.

Whoa! That list should keep me occupied for quite some time. Thanks for the reco. Good you reminded me of God of War, that's another title I might pick up early. The earlier GOW games were for PS2 IIRC.

Yes, but they were all remastered and again released for the PS3. So, you have a bunch of GoW games to go through if you want to play them all! (I for one actually skipped the entire GoW series since I'm not into the H&S genre at all).

Yes, but they were all remastered and again released for the PS3. So, you have a bunch of GoW games to go through if you want to play them all! (I for one actually skipped the entire GoW series since I'm not into the H&S genre at all).
Me too never played any H&S (then again, an year back I couldn't even imagine myself playing on a console) but this is the best title I guess if I want to try out that genre. Although I got heavenly sword as part of the bundle, so I think that will be the first. Will pick GOW if I can find a good deal on the used games market.

^^For me both are almost same. However considering the story,character development its relation with other characters etc. I think crysis 3 is a bit better & shorter. Gameplay may be slightly better considering how you choose to play. I wouldn't recommend playing it on higher difficulty as most of the time you have to rely on stealth (The reason bow & arrow has been introduced). Multi player is its another plus point.
Story was never a strong part of this series but still it has been handled properly . Crysis 3 story is a bit dark compared to 1 & 2 however the way it has been presented will keep you interested till the end.Overall its a good game.

Last edited:
Had tried the first level and the bow & arrow felt quite powerful. But my laptop is DX10 and the game won't run on it so couldn't play. Not sure if I can enjoy an FPS on PS3.

Back