Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

RDR2, Sleeping Dogs and Guardians of the Galaxy. I've been playing Sims 4 and Football Manager 2023. ;-; Why are sim games too addictive?

Finished GTA V using NVE Graphics (highly recommended) after finishing it 7 years ago.
Are you using mods on GTA V Steam version ? Offline or Online ? Any risk of Rockstar ban ?

Last edited:
Finished up with Metro Exodus. Very nice game, easily better than the last 2 which were pretty good too. Much more playtime too ~50hrs.
Graphics at times can be photo realistic even, esp in sams dlc.

Don't know what i will play next yet. Maybe witcher 2 or shadow tactics

Replaying Celeste right now. It was suggested by a friend to better understand what goes in the mind of a person diagnosed with clinical depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder. Wonderful game that really uses the medium of video games to drive make you understand and feel things no other medium can.

So this is not exactly clearing my backlog, but recommending this be given a try- its super cheap on steam this weekend.

Completed Syberia II - Not as long and memorable as the original Syberia game but still a good journey. The ending puzzles involved a lot of trial and error. The story in this saga is so unique that it keeps you playing to know how it pans out.

Moving ahead by starting Syberia 3 (PC) this evening.

Completed Syberia 3 (PC).

Long weekend coming to a close and I'm happy I could finish off this game. Syberia 3 is sadly marred by a very average story and the shoddy controls and camera angles make it a frustrating journey. I so wish the designers hadn't shifted from the old, classic Point & Click movement! Trying to make the movement scheme to a more fluid and modern mechanism just backfired and made it infuriating at times. The game tells you that it's more enjoyable with a controller but it's practically unplayable with a Xbox controller and I was better off playing with a mouse and KB.

Well good thing is the game ends on a cliff-hanger so my interest in the last part of the saga is still intact.

Figuring out this puzzle towards the end of the game made me pull my hair out:

Syberia3 2023-08-15 21-00-39-58.jpg

Syberia3 2023-08-15 21-11-35-73.jpg

^^ All of that to just open a damn door! :bag:

Started Syberia: The World Before (PC).

Game looks gorgeous and feels way more polished than Syberia 3. Good thing that they have shifted from the atrocious KB + Mouse controls in the last installment to a Mouse ONLY control mechanism in this. Camera angles are much improved.

Completed Syberia: The World Before (PC).

What a game... it was so richly woven with such an emotionally involving story. After the original Syberia game which was released in 2002 (21 years ago!) this one has to be my favorite Syberia title without a shadow of doubt. The plot, characters, puzzles were so intricately designed. Perhaps the pacing could have been a little better towards the end but barring that I seriously loved playing through this game. Also, this installment I felt has the hardest puzzles so far amongst all of the Syberia games!

I would strongly recommend anyone who has played the first 3 Syberia games to definitely play this. This is a masterpiece from the the house of Microids.

With that I've completed all 4 Syberia games in exactly a month, back to back! This saga was long overdue in my "Games To Be Played List" and I'm so glad that I took it up and went through all of them without getting sucked into any other title. :)

Finally got into witcher 3. Been playing for a week. Enjoying so far. Thankfully the mechanisms don't feel very dated even after 8 years. Horse riding can be super annoying at times though.

Given the popularity and age of the game, I'm surprised at the number of bugs I encounter. I thought the game would have been perfectly bug free by now, given that they're still releasing updates for it.

Started Hitman 3 (2021) - PC

Had completed Hitman (2016) and Hitman (2018) end of last year and this was the only remaining Hitman title I had left so thought of giving it a nice, thorough play-through and started it this evening.

Just finished Witcher 2 today. Very good game. i had bounced off it few years back, got bored with gameplay and did not like graphics at all in flotsam area.
Thankfully tried again, graphics can be pretty good at times esp dungeons and after floatsam, story is great with lots of permutations to go through. Thank god we have wikis.
Only used AI texture mod and a vegetation distance mod.

Next W3.

When you become obsessed with playing a Trilogy...

Capture.JPG

So much so that it remains like a "Constant" on your drive for you to continue playing it! Have been having a ball playing these 3 gems, trying different approaches to each mission and making videos of my gameplay. :)

Back