Your most and least favourite tech Youtubers

@red dragon , Rossman isn't too technical though. He just cusses at Apple while showing us proof. Unfortunately I think he might go out of business soon cause Apple is going overboard with preventing repair.
Have you seen his logic board repair videos? I'm not very technical myself, but very much aware of how difficult it can be repairing logic boards at times ( what's more technical in laptop repair? It's repairing, not manufacturing)
No, not going out of business anytime soon. He does repair jobs for all manufacturers ( but don't make videos about them) And he's in data recovery too ( spent a fortune on a lab) He's possibly the last person to go out of repair business in NYC.
Believe it or not, this guy knows his thing..he can repair studio microphones, mixing board, headphones, analog gears used in studios... repairing these ( except headphones) is very difficult and very few people do these things.

Last edited:
Most fav: MKBHD (top quality content), Dave2D (minimalist approach that covers everything)

Least fav: TechBurner (unnecessary jokes for trying to be cool), PC Peasants (AFAIK the worst ever)

Have you seen his logic board repair videos? I'm not very technical myself, but very much aware of how difficult it can be repairing logic boards at times ( what's more technical in laptop repair? It's repairing, not manufacturing)
Yup, seen them. It's difficult for sure, but from my PoV of the things that he does, it's a hell lot more difficult to procure the parts (cheaply and of decent quality) and the schematics than the actual board debug. I mean things like schematics are protected company IP, it amazes me how he has access to them.

Maybe all the videos that I saw were of him showing the result of his debug than the actual process itself.

No, not going out of business anytime soon. He does repair jobs for all manufacturers ( but don't make videos about them) And he's in data recovery too ( spent a fortune on a lab) He's possibly the last person to go out of repair business in NYC.
Oh, that's good. I always thought he was an Apple exclusive repair shop.

Nowadays a lot of his videos are like that, but earlier most of them were him literally recording himself repairing macs and talking through the technicalities.
He knows blabbering about something famous will get him views online. Noone kicks a dead horse. Even critiquing Apple makes him richer. This is coming from android user btw.

He knows blabbering about something famous will get him views online. Noone kicks a dead horse. Even critiquing Apple makes him richer. This is coming from android user btw.
To be honest, I rarely watch much on YT these days, but I think he's not just an armchair critic. From what I could tell, he was heavily involved in the push in the US for right to fix legislation etc. recently, but don't quote me on this. I didn't really bother to dig deeper into the issues and context.

I did speak to Louis 5/6 times. He is a genuine hardworking and very practical person.
He has gone through many struggles in life and had a pretty rough childhood. This guy is a straight shooter and knows his shit very very well.
His mentor is another genius, he also repair logic boards but don't even use a microscope!!

I did speak to Louis 5/6 times. He is a genuine hardworking and very practical person.
He has gone through many struggles in life and had a pretty rough childhood. This guy is a straight shooter and knows his shit very very well.
His mentor is another genius, he also repair logic boards but don't even use a microscope!!
Yeah, I love his rants as they seem super logical, and he knows his shit.
-----------------------

Also, I don't know where to post this, so here it goes:

INCREDIBLE AS ****.​

Yeh sab kaun log hai bhai?!! :D

There was this lady (from XDA?) that I really liked. She used to do hour long mobile reviews. Aisa in-depth review ho toh mazaa aata hai. Sadly, have forgotten her name. I'm sure someone will come up with that.

I look at your choices and I feel like I'm the only one here who doesn't follow that many techtubers.
For food: I love Eater, ETTV, Gordon Ramsay's.
For tech: I love DigitalFoundry and their benchmarking videos comparison. They put in a lot of work. I also like GN but can't say GN is my fav because I cannot stand Steve's voice. It's like he wants to cough but refuses to lol. It really ticks me off. I prefer reading them instead.
For gaming: RPG Site and SovietWomble
For esports: ESL and PindaPanda and few others.
Misc: Swoozie, Electroboom and some farming channels.

I hate all popular Indian YouTubers especially those self-claimed reviewers. I really dislike Technical Guruji first and foremost and then GeekyRanjit. Overrated. They are just spec readers. These kind of guys are plenty in India so I don't understand their popularity. Heck I think that people who have been long enough in Indian tech forums will be able to pull off higher quality content.
Also I consider MKBHD a simp for Apple/Google. Please don't kill me.
I use Anandtech and TPU for other things.
When it comes to phone reviews I follow Gadgets360 (for the software and camera part mostly) and GSMarena (specifically for the battery reviews).

Last edited:
I look at your choices and I feel like I'm the only one here who doesn't follow that many techtubers.
For food: I love Eater, ETTV, Gordon Ramsay's.
For tech: I love DigitalFoundry and their benchmarking videos comparison. They put in a lot of work. I also like GN but can't say GN is my fav because I cannot stand Steve's voice. It's like he wants to cough but refuses to lol. It really ticks me off. I prefer reading them instead.
For gaming: RPG Site and SovietWomble
For esports: ESL and PindaPanda and few others.
Misc: Swoozie, Electroboom and some farming channels.

I hate all popular Indian YouTubers especially those self-claimed reviewers. I really dislike Technical Guruji first and foremost and then GeekyRanjit. Overrated. They are just spec readers. These kind of guys are plenty in India so I don't understand their popularity. Heck I think that people who have been long enough in Indian tech forums will be able to pull of higher quality content.
Also I consider MKBHD a simp for Apple/Google.
Please don't kill me. I use Anandtech and TPU for other things.
When it comes to phone reviews I follow Gadgets360 (for the software and camera part mostly) and GSMarena (specifically for the battery reviews).
+1 for mkbhd being a simp and biased....i remember his video on 1st galaxy fold, which was a big samsung blunder, where he stated that the video of him testing it got deleted from his storage accidentally.... Unsubscribed him that day....

Yes he is biased. His subscriber base seem to be made of the average Apple and Tesla fans. They will never notice it or maybe they just play ignorant. I used to follow him in his younger days. I don't follow him anymore and use him only for the news and video overview when he appears in my feeds.
I forgot to mention that I also don't like LinusTechTips and HardwareCanucks. Hardware Canucks have been called out where they outright refused to accept their bias and instead trolled critics saying they are offended just because they didn't like their judgement. Linus is just clickbait with below average content imo.

Least fav: TechBurner (unnecessary jokes for trying to be cool), PC Peasants (AFAIK the worst ever)
Is PC Peasants the Indian pc gaming/tech channel? If yes then LOL>
my fav tech channel is Linustechtips I also check on with Gamers nexus, Unbox therapy, Hardrware Canuckx, Jayz2cents
I hope you realize that Unbox Therapy guy is a scum. You can look it up.

Yeh sab kaun log hai bhai?!! :D

There was this lady (from XDA?) that I really liked. She used to do hour long mobile reviews. Aisa in-depth review ho toh mazaa aata hai. Sadly, have forgotten her name. I'm sure someone will come up with that.
Erica griffins? She went offline for a bit but has been back in action for a few months... Recently she got an 85 inch tv fitted in her small apartment which was a fun video and sort of a review

I hate all popular Indian YouTubers especially those self-claimed reviewers. I really dislike Technical Guruji first and foremost and then GeekyRanjit. Overrated. They are just spec readers. These kind of guys are plenty in India so I don't understand their popularity. Heck I think that people who have been long enough in Indian tech forums will be able to pull off higher quality content.
Also I consider MKBHD a simp for Apple/Google. Please don't kill me.
I use Anandtech and TPU for other things.
Yup, most of times geekyranjit is into specs, but there have been instances where he goes bad ass for stupid features phone manufacturers use, like 4 camera setup.
For instance he was among the last to review One plus Nord because he wasn't sucking up to 1+. He got a retail pack and went all out for things which were justifiable not 1+. No phone is perfect, but most youtubers see it as minting money to give you a biased review.
So occasionally his criticism can be deal breaker for some before getting a device. Atleast, he is honest.
His vids come handy when all are praising a newly launched phone and he finds flaws which, at times, are worth mentioning.

After watching our Indian youtubers it can be safely said that if you are good at doing bulls*** on your shows you can have good number of followers. Technical guruji is a case in point. No offence to his followers, but can't watch him.

Last edited:
Yes he is biased. His subscriber base seem to be made of the average Apple and Tesla fans. They will never notice it or maybe they just play ignorant. I used to follow him in his younger days. I don't follow him anymore and use him only for the news and video overview when he appears in my feeds.
I forgot to mention that I also don't like LinusTechTips and HardwareCanucks. Hardware Canucks have been called out where they outright refused to accept their bias and instead trolled critics saying they are offended just because they didn't like their judgement. Linus is just clickbait with below average content imo.

Is PC Peasants the Indian pc gaming/tech channel? If yes then LOL>

I hope you realize that Unbox Therapy guy is a scum. You can look it up.
Scum how? Just tried to google/bing a few results but nothing came up apart from a few scam contests and affiliations which i suspect everyone of these channels do, publicly or secretly.

Back