Your most and least favourite tech Youtubers

Scum how? Just tried to google/bing a few results but nothing came up apart from a few scam contests and affiliations which i suspect everyone of these channels do, publicly or secretly.
His latest venture lol. Also he didn't answer these accusations in his unbox therapy account. He used another personal account to do it. And personally for me, that proves his shady side.
About his old giveaway scams he never even apologized or acknowledged them did he? I can't remember. As far as I know he simply deleted the videos. Not coming to light after being called out for being a scum is one of the worst thing a YouTuber/content creator/whatever can do imo.

His latest venture lol. Also he didn't answer these accusations in his unbox therapy account. He used another personal account to do it. And personally for me, that proves his shady side.
About his old giveaway scams he never even apologized or acknowledged them did he? I can't remember. As far as I know he simply deleted the videos. Not coming to light after being called out for being a scum is one of the worst thing a YouTuber/content creator/whatever can do imo.
Got it. Yes, I agree.

I took scum to be a much more serious word than you intended it to be. I thought he harassed some girls or did some illegal shady shit

I think all fancy/ rich tech youtubers are Promoters more than Reviewers. They are all part of a PR ecosystem controlled by big tech giant companies. Boycott them.

I don't watch tech tube unless I'm looking forward to buy something in the near future (or to know about something that I'll be interested in the future). A few weeks back when I was looking at the M1 mac I watched nearly "every" tech tuber out there. I'd say the few I liked are:

Max Tech (their comparisons are amazing!), brilliant channel for laymen
Snazzy Labs
Mobiletechreview (Lisa)

There were many other excellent videos on the M1s, but most were just the same thing being told by different people.

Notebookcheck is one of the websites I trust.

These will be my go to tech channels from now on.

Coffeezilla is excellent if you want to learn about new age scammers and internet gurus.

Internet Historian for general history of everything, explained in painstaking detail

Louis Rossman is well, Louis Rossman

^ Am closely following Matt D'Avella for a while.

Back on topic: Here are my top ones

Canoopsy (Good stuff, shows actual productive work )
Cold Fusion (oddly satisfying to watch)
der8auer (mods and more mods)
Nostalgia Nerd (Mostly old school stuff)
Jim Browning (Busting scam call centers in India)
LGR (Lazy games review)

Below, I wouldn't recommend
Nearly all Indian tech reviewers (Trying hard to be MKBHD or Casey Neistat. Standard staple includes reading the brochure and playing PubG as a benchmark)
Unbox Therapy (Quite cringe-y, few YT'ers like thunderf00t have ripped him)
SuperSaf (Another brochure reader)

Louis Rossman is well, Louis Rossman
I like Louis a lot. I've spoken to some Youtubers over Facetime/ Skype during the huge break from work due to covid.
Louis and Zeos Pantera ( Zreviews) are the two most down to earth and friendly persons amongst them. Zeos sounds like a maniac in his YouTube videos, but in reality he's a great guy and a fantastic cook, overall an awesome friend one can have.
I sent him a 200 EUR pair of headphones for review and thought he will never return it.
He not only returned it well within the stipulated time period but also sent a Starfield IEM as a gift!!
I was desperately looking for a HD560S as it was not available anywhere about a month ago, he not only bought and sent one for me, but refused to take any money ( instead he requested for the hmt Jawan watch I was wearing...bought it for few hundred rupees in India years ago...I sent him all the mechanical hmts I had...the guy was over the moon!! He literally asked me to pick anything from his jaw dropping headphones and amps collection including the ones on the wall..the headphone wall he has is a gold mine and I'm still undecided)
Rossman is another story!! He's a really sharp person and worked very very hard to reach where he's now. We shared our struggle stories and he's absolutely fascinated with India. For the record, Louis doesn't actually hate Apple, he fixes motherboards from all manufacturers, but only upload the Apple ones.
He's pretty good with data recovery also. This guy never had a chance to go college and grew up in a very rough neighborhood. He donates a major portion of his YouTube revenue in various charities working for homeless people, shelters etc. He never talks about any of that in his videos. His partner Erika is also a very nice and polite lady.
Another huge Youtuber, I should mention about...Mr.Linus G Sebastian...many of you hate his channels.
Linus ignored my emails for months ( at least 5, he was the only person who didn't even bother to reply once..don't know why,almost every tech Youtuber replied when mailed from my work email mentioning I'm a fan despite being from a complete different field) Anyway I was rather rude in my last mail.
Someone from his forum finally replied mentioning a rather unique Apple email ID. I saved the ID and didn't probe any further. Couple of days back ( in Vienna) a facetime call came to my wife's phone ( she uses an iphone with my Apple ID as she is too lazy to change her password in 5 years after forgetting the password!!) and it was Linus himself!!
You wouldn't believe what he did!! He asked if it's Dr.Banerjee, to which my wife said, yes ( as she's also technically Dr. Banerjee and it causes confusion almost everyday in our life..no big deal) I was lying/ dozing off right beside her and only paid any attention after full 5 minutes or so as she was speaking in English ( we rarely speak English these days as most of our colleagues/ friends either speak Czech or French, few German) By that time they were talking about kids' mental health, online classes etc.( Len has zero idea about tech, let alone tech youtubers..she didn't even realise what Linus said and thought he's a close friend of mine!!) Anyway I finally came into the frame and asked him WTF!! Both of us couldn't stop laughing for few minutes and Len was like WTF is happening!!
Think what you may, but I liked Linus ( the person, not what we see in YouTube) after that first video call...he's a lot younger than me and seemed very mature..he has become incredibly wealthy at a very young age but he thinks a lot about his kids' future, their college funds etc... according to him, money has changed only one thing in him...he has become a smooth talker ( specially with the opposite sex..it was very evident) and he's a genuinely good family man, a great husband, great father...I have started admiring him a lot as a human being after another rather VERY lengthy conversation last weekend. Linus often appears very irritating in his videos, but in real life, he's mostly a very serious person, specially when it comes to his work and business. His work ethics is actually legendary among the YouTube community.
I've managed to speak to a few more youtubers, but they are not popular in India and some of them are not into tech ( mostly musicians...Steve Terreberry, Jared Dines etc. Steve is another awesome individual, still incredibly shy..my wife doesn't watch YouTube that much and has no interest in youtubers, even she likes Steve a lot...he was the first major youtuber I've spoken to during this break..watch his channel if you like guitars..he deserves even more success...a mind-blowing talent!!)
I've also spoken to some prison life based YouTubers too, except for Yonnie ( the most hated guy with best video edits) didn't like much..they are into show off and flexing etc.things I don't really fond of.
Arun ( Mrwhosetheboss) will possibly call tomorrow.. looking forward for some lessons in polished accent and dry humour.

Last edited:
Another huge Youtuber, I should mention about...Mr.Linus G Sebastian...many of you hate his channels.
Linus ignored my emails for months ( at least 5, he was the only person who didn't even bother to reply once..don't know why,almost every tech Youtuber replied when mailed from my work email mentioning I'm a fan despite being from a complete different field) Anyway I was rather rude in my last mail.
Someone from his forum finally replied mentioning a rather unique Apple email ID. I saved the ID and didn't probe any further. Couple of days back ( in Vienna) a facetime call came to my wife's phone ( she uses an iphone with my Apple ID as she is too lazy to change her password in 5 years after forgetting the password!!) and it was Linus himself!!
You wouldn't believe what he did!! He asked if it's Dr.Banerjee, to which my wife said, yes ( as she's also technically Dr. Banerjee and it causes confusion almost everyday in our life..no big deal) I was lying/ dozing off right beside her and only paid any attention after full 5 minutes or so as she was speaking in English ( we rarely speak English these days as most of our colleagues/ friends either speak Czech or French, few German) By that time they were talking about kids' mental health, online classes etc.( Len has zero idea about tech, let alone tech youtubers..she didn't even realise what Linus said and thought he's a close friend of mine!!) Anyway I finally came into the frame and asked him WTF!! Both of us couldn't stop laughing for few minutes and Len was like WTF is happening!!
Think what you may, but I liked Linus ( the person, not what we see in YouTube) after that first video call...he's a lot younger than me and seemed very mature..he has become incredibly wealthy at a very young age but he thinks a lot about his kids' future, their college funds etc... according to him, money has changed only one thing in him...he has become a smooth talker ( specially with the opposite sex..it was very evident) and he's a genuinely good family man, a great husband, great father...I have started admiring him a lot as a human being after another rather VERY lengthy conversation last weekend. Linus often appears very irritating in his videos, but in real life, he's mostly a very serious person, specially when it comes to his work and business. His work ethics is actually legendary among the YouTube community.
I must admit, your comment about Linus has considerably lowered my hate for him.

Hating an unknown person is the easiest thing in the world mate, we all do that..try loving an unknown person for once...it's truly rewarding...and the life suddenly feel fair and just.
It took me a long time to get rid of Modi hate, but I don't anymore...I'm a slightly better human now...long way to go..

To be honest with you, I don't hate him just for the sake of hating him. I just hate the way he does some of his videos. I find them absurd and couldn't believe how he's still so massively popular. I guess one man's thrash is really another man's treasure.

I like Louis a lot. I've spoken to some Youtubers over Facetime/ Skype during the huge break from work due to covid.
Louis and Zeos Pantera ( Zreviews) are the two most down to earth and friendly persons amongst them. Zeos sounds like a maniac in his YouTube videos, but in reality he's a great guy and a fantastic cook, overall an awesome friend one can have.
I sent him a 200 EUR pair of headphones for review and thought he will never return it.
He not only returned it well within the stipulated time period but also sent a Starfield IEM as a gift!!
I was desperately looking for a HD560S as it was not available anywhere about a month ago, he not only bought and sent one for me, but refused to take any money ( instead he requested for the hmt Jawan watch I was wearing...bought it for few hundred rupees in India years ago...I sent him all the mechanical hmts I had...the guy was over the moon!! He literally asked me to pick anything from his jaw dropping headphones and amps collection including the ones on the wall..the headphone wall he has is a gold mine and I'm still undecided)
Rossman is another story!! He's a really sharp person and worked very very hard to reach where he's now. We shared our struggle stories and he's absolutely fascinated with India. For the record, Louis doesn't actually hate Apple, he fixes motherboards from all manufacturers, but only upload the Apple ones.
He's pretty good with data recovery also. This guy never had a chance to go college and grew up in a very rough neighborhood. He donates a major portion of his YouTube revenue in various charities working for homeless people, shelters etc. He never talks about any of that in his videos. His partner Erika is also a very nice and polite lady.
I've managed to speak to a few more youtubers, but they are not popular in India and some of them are not into tech ( mostly musicians...Steve Terreberry, Jared Dines etc. Steve is another awesome individual, still incredibly shy..my wife doesn't watch YouTube that much and has no interest in youtubers, even she likes Steve a lot...he was the first major youtuber I've spoken to during this break..watch his channel if you like guitars..he deserves even more success...a mind-blowing talent!!)
I've also spoken to some prison life based YouTubers too, except for Yonnie ( the most hated guy with best video edits) didn't like much..they are into show off and flexing etc.things I don't really fond of.
Arun ( Mrwhosetheboss) will possibly call tomorrow.. looking forward for some lessons in polished accent and dry humour.
Wonderful stories, mate. They all seem like super nice peeps. Ofcourse online and offline persona will be different.
Please tell Louise if you ever talk to him that he has a huge fan in India who only watches his bike ride and rant videos.:p

To be honest with you, I don't hate him just for the sake of hating him. I just hate the way he does some of his videos. I find them absurd and couldn't believe how he's still so massively popular. I guess one man's thrash is really another man's treasure.

The guy used to work at NCIX and basically do unboxing vids in the parking lot or garage, back when only TigerDirect used to do most of those. Even his older vids are better than most unboxings today and I've bought quite a few products back in the day after coming across them on his channel.
You might find his new vids obnoxious like I do but what the guy has achieved is impressive, something you wouldn't relate to if you only judge him based on his newer content.
He went from a sales rep to become one of the top tech youtubers only because of his love of PC hardware,
Speaking of TigerDirect, this is one of the vids I had watched before buying the 8800GT Alpha Dog edition just for playing Crysis, we've come a long way since then.

All of them are not so nice unfortunately. That guy from Your Average Consumer is a complete ego maniac...the Indian guy from Hardware canucks.. didn't like him either. Lew is over professional, though very polite. Same with Marcus.
I've spoken to Arun only once ( today he's supposed to call) but he seemed a very nice and balanced person. I shouldn't judge people( that too based on some video calls only...) But I like Zeos and Linus the most and consider friends, Louis is more like a family friend, he's different from most YouTubers I've interacted with.
But honestly Steve is the youtuber I like and admire the most. Such a shy person in reality!! And man, he faced some difficulties in personal life, very few can get out of that and become this successful!! Len has become his fan and online shrink!!

All of them are not so nice unfortunately. That guy from Your Average Consumer is a complete ego maniac...the Indian guy from Hardware canucks.. didn't like him either. Lew is over professional, though very polite. Same with Marcus.
I've spoken to Arun only once ( today he's supposed to call) but he seemed a very nice and balanced person. I shouldn't judge people( that too based on some video calls only...) But I like Zeos and Linus the most and consider friends, Louis is more like a family friend, he's different from most YouTubers I've interacted with.
But honestly Steve is the youtuber I like and admire the most. Such a shy person in reality!! And man, he faced some difficulties in personal life, very few can get out of that and become this successful!! Len has become his fan and online shrink!!
May i ask how are you able to communicate with so many youtubers on such a personal level? Just curious abt your profession.

It's rather easy...most of them have the patreon thing..you can get there with few bucks...Louis Rossman helped me a lot to get in touch with USA/ Canda based YouTubers.
For musicians I have a friend in Australia who knows Steve, Steve hooked me up with many.
It's rather easy with youtubers from US/ EU countries..Indian youtubers are difficult. I have emails of Ranjith and Shloak, but not really interested in contacting them.
I live in a small European country, just an epidemiologist ( doctor of community medicine, working for WHO)
And I only communicated with only few at some personal level. But I've spoken with a lot ( some are creeps)

It's rather easy...most of them have the patreon thing..you can get there with few bucks...Louis Rossman helped me a lot to get in touch with USA/ Canda based YouTubers.
For musicians I have a friend in Australia who knows Steve, Steve hooked me up with many.
It's rather easy with youtubers from US/ EU countries..Indian youtubers are difficult. I have emails of Ranjith and Shloak, but not really interested in contacting them.
I live in a small European country, just an epidemiologist ( doctor of community medicine, working for WHO)
And I only communicated with only few at some personal level. But I've spoken with a lot ( some are creeps)
Interested to hear the creepy experiences... :p

Do you really want me banned from here? Ok, will give you some hints without any names,
Since we are living in a hotel suite, if someone is on video call, there's not much privacy for me as my wife is either lying on the bed or dozing off in a couch, pretty much visible to everyone unless I'm extremely careful with the camera angle (phone's front camera)
Some seemed more interested in looking behind me, if I'm sitting at the edge of the bed.
Some are literally telling me to position the camera properly ( I can very well see I'm in perfect focus)
These silly things..
One particular guy was so annoying, even my wife could understand his intentions and said point blank that she's not taking her jacket off..no matter how good the heating is.. loudly!!

Since we are living in a hotel suite, if someone is on video call, there's not much privacy for me as my wife is either lying on the bed or dozing off in a couch, pretty much visible to everyone unless I'm extremely careful with the camera angle (phone's front camera)
Getting a sense of deja vu here. Have you told this anecdote before on this forum?

Back