Your PC Picture

The fan does hav an amazing effect on my temps. Better than any watercooling kit:bleh:!!!!

At idle ---- 31 deg C. And see the voltage --- 1.616V. 3200+ running at 2.45GHz.

@ Eazy ---- And abt the dust --- I do maintain my comp.... I clean it every week.

And could you please explain abt the EMF interference???

Nikhil posted 15.35 minutes later:

Highest temps at this voltage and at 2.45 ghz. ------ 39 deg C

Can't get better than this.....

Nikhil said:
The fan does hav an amazing effect on my temps. Better than any watercooling kit:bleh:!!!!

At idle ---- 31 deg C. And see the voltage --- 1.616V. 3200+ running at 2.45GHz.

@ Eazy ---- And abt the dust --- I do maintain my comp.... I clean it every week.

And could you please explain abt the EMF interference???

Can't get better than this.....

Hmmmm.... in your first picture the MB temp shows 21C !!! Is that for real ?? To get a MB temp of 21C your room has to be at least a few degrees cooler. Is this so ?

Check out my Mother Board Monitor read out of my setup taken just now... Intel P4 2.4C...

EMF is the stuff that mobile phones are supposed to fry your brains with... and also the stuff that shows lines on TV's when you bring a phone or fan close to it. I am not too knowledgeable on this topic but I am sure there are people here who could throw some light on this.

The mobo temp is so low because I have a big table fan blowing air directly over it. It is cool in Bangalore at the moment but temp is around 28 deg C. (air temp). And as I told you, I have a big fan blowing air directly at the side of the computer.

Nikhil said:
The mobo temp is so low because I have a big table fan blowing air directly over it. It is cool in Bangalore at the moment but temp is around 28 deg C. (air temp). And as I told you, I have a big fan blowing air directly at the side of the computer.

Nikhil..... please think about this - how could the MB have a temperature lower than the ambient room temp ? If you think about it the MB could not go to a lower temp than the air around it - you agree ??

Just a fan blowing air on the MB could not lower its temp below the temp of the air itself - right ?

I don't know..... I have no idea.... I told you the fan is blowing air on it. And from my experience, this fan is a really cool one. It really cools down the air it is blowing.

These are the temps being reported by my Asus software. And as far as I know, it is pretty accurate. Many people at TE are using this same software......

So, I have reported the temps as being reported to me.... that is all.....

hahaha..defective sensors :p

try removing and putting back the mobo cell......when i first plugged the violtmodded mobo, it showed 28* mobo temp, 21* CPU temp in the BIOS...a CLRTC repaired it :D

your thermal sensors are probably on the fritz. a fan CANNOT reduce the temperature of air (unless you're using some sort of 'reaction fan' :bleh: ). My old asus board used to show my mainboard temp as 100+'C and it used to run fine...even the NB heatsink wasnt untouchable.

It is not necessarily that the sensors are defective.... many board manufacturers purposely set their boards to show lower readings as a sorta sales gimmick. ASUS are known to be doing this. My P4C800ED MoBo is known to give a 8C lower CPU temp reading - all temperature checking programs including ASUS Probe always show my CPU temp to be lower than the boards temp. This is IMPOSSIBLE !!! On the other hand Abit boards are known to give higher readings than the actual temps. Why do Abit they want to do this is beyond me :O

the best method is to use a tempeature probe for yourself......but i have been searching high and low, cudnt find any :(

ok dont freak out now.
This is my CSS server setup. A A64 3200+ A8V Dlx, 1 GB DDR, GF3 ti 200 from gainward with custome moded heatsink. 40GB HDD, ASUS DVD ROM.
All this pc does is run my CSS server.
And yep its staying like that.

yah, the same ones....

saw a DMM with temp reading capability....can be submersed..but cudnt detect increase in temps when touched to a hot solid...:(

SunMysore said:
saw a DMM with temp reading capability....can be submersed..but cudnt detect increase in temps when touched to a hot solid...:(

DMM's with temp read out are available at Lamington Road Mumbai - quite expensive when I checked last year - I think I was quoted about 6k for the cheapest - not sure about the price. The BEST of these DMM's are the US made Fluke. The darned Fluke was over 10k with a temp readout feature. :(

Back