Your PC Picture

Here is the DFi setup. The problem i am facing is right there at top.
The hot air from XP-90 is comming directly on 1 of the RAM chips.

funkymonkey said:
Here is the DFi setup. The problem i am facing is right there at top.
The hot air from XP-90 is comming directly on 1 of the RAM chips.
Just a thought....
What if you turn the fan around - that will keep THAT particular ram module cool by pulling air over it. But will the reverse air flow on the heat sink make the CPU temps rise too much ?

was deleting pics and came across this :p

interiors

the fans the otherway around now.. found that exhast gave me better cpu temps.

@bottle - Notice in the picture your ram modules are in sockets 1 and 2 . Should they not be in sockets 1 and 3 as per the colour coding of the sockets ?

naah ... works dual on slot 1+2 or 3+4 , wierd msi engineers .. wonder if they were color blind :p

Interesting...

Cause my A8V refused to detect dual channel RAM in slots 1 & 2, so really somethin wrong with the guys at MSI...

nothing wrong with the mobo.
For this mobo the 1-2 and 3-4 is dual channel. Different config than others but thats just position change of slots.

is that the neo2 P? the green slots are channel A and purple are channel B. So for dual channel we have to use one green and one purple.

funkymonkey said:
missed that post of yours rahul.

I got the convertor from mnemonic systems. And as far as i know its freely available.

hi funky which PSu u r using and do u have any stabiblity problem using that convertor ...... i am also planning to use mine 20 pin PSu for some time and then get a new PSu when i will have money ....

Funky has a Antec smart power 450W - 25A on 12V - 20Pin.
[Beats me]

I too planning of getting a Powersafe 400W 24Pin or Powersafe 500W 20Pin and get a 20 to 24Pin converter its available at Mnemonics at some 325Rs.

It has a lock mechanism so that the connector doesnt slip out in between.
[Thanks to Funky came to know abt this connector]

yep i have seen some cheap convertors at lamingoton which king a just plugs in to your 20 pin.
But you know those wires are preety rigid and the one i saw at lamington was simple plugging type.
Then i saw this one with 3 side holding mechanism.

thanks for all help guys but can someone tell me where this Mnemonics is in mumbai ?? ... as i will tell my cousin to buy it and courier it to me ..... and he is not a computer guy so, i have to make sure i am getting the right thing ....

rahul said:
thanks for all help guys but can someone tell me where this Mnemonics is in mumbai ?? ... as i will tell my cousin to buy it and courier it to me ..... and he is not a computer guy so, i have to make sure i am getting the right thing ....
Mnemonics address:
Code:
12, apsara,
 nr bunty juice centre,
 roshan nagar,
 off. chandavarkar road,
 borivli - west, mumbai - 92.
 email- [email]mnemonic@vsnl.com[/email]

Back