Your PC Picture

3449833420_0e31df0c99_o.jpg

Gannu said:
Errr is that a progeny out of a Benq and a Dell? :p

BTW that's a killer rig you've gotten there! By far the best in TE I should say. Congrats. Post some *clear* pics of the Antec 1200 enclosure innards please. I so love this enclosure. Have been eyeing on this one for a while. :p

What do you do with this setup apart from gaming! Just curious, but you've got 2 i7 systems. :O

hello sir gannu :)

thank you for the kind words.. :) some more pics of the antec 1200 coming up soon.

umm i have 1 i7 and 2 q6600 's actually sir. Use the machines mainly for Audio . And a decent amount of gaming too..

its the audio VST and RTAS plugins for Pro-Tools that eat Cpu power and ram

Umm my benq is the 241WP from benq.. crap.. thats a typo.. will edit :)

cheers and thank you sir :)

CM690's gone for some changes; present setup:

1234.jpg

Reminds me of the good ol' college days when I'd a similar setup in the hostel. :lol:

Heh he yeah. ANP !!! knows a local guy who deals with fabrication and sheet metal works. He got most of the mods on his CM690 done thru him.

The mods're pretty simple - cutting off the fan honeycomb-grills at the top, back, bottom slots. All black powder coat finish - gloss for the side panels and the back. Matte for the innards. Cutting off the side-panel. Just a simple design. :)

Gannu said:
Heh he yeah. ANP !!! knows a local guy who deals with fabrication and sheet metal works. He got most of the mods on his CM690 done thru him.

The mods're pretty simple - cutting off the fan honeycomb-grills at the top, back, bottom slots. All black powder coat finish - gloss for the side panels and the back. Matte for the innards. Cutting off the side-panel. Just a simple design. :)

sounds really good ..

by the way ,if you remove the top honeycomb fan grill ..how will you fix the fan ? I didnt get it exactly.:ashamed:

I too wish I had given some other design to KMD for the mod.. I am bored of my current mod and even the side panel has some flaws.. (position of 120 mm fan )

Also ,I too plan to do some changes to my 690.. like changing position of fan on acrylic sheet (cutting ). and maybe a i paint job if cheap.

any idea how much does it usually cost and whom to contact for such works ? (ie- cutting and painting work ):hap2:

FaH33m said:
sounds really good ..
by the way ,if you remove the top honeycomb fan grill ..how will you fix the fan ? I didnt get it exactly.:ashamed:

I too wish I had given some other design to KMD for the mod.. I am bored of my current mod and even the side panel has some flaws.. (position of 120 mm fan )

Also ,I too plan to do some changes to my 690.. like changing position of fan on acrylic sheet (cutting ). and maybe a i paint job if cheap.

any idea how much does it usually cost and whom to contact for such works ? (ie- cutting and painting work ):hap2:

This guy does it for peanuts. Around 300 bucks for all the cutting-related works and maybe another 300 bucks for the paint job. :p

I'm not removing the entire grill. The holes for the screws and some adjacent portion remains. Have to use a grill if the strength's not sufficient to hold the fans. But much better than the honey-comb structure that blocks most of the air.

IMO the side panel should've been left as it is or perhaps, a 120mm fan close to the memory sticks would have been ideal. In my case, I've left it as such.

Could you find out what sort of glue was used to stick the acrylic panel to the metal? I may have to use the double-sided 3M sticky tape if nothing works. This place's helluva dusty. The cabinet'd be filled with dust in no time! :(

Gannu said:
This guy does it for peanuts. Around 300 bucks for all the cutting-related works and maybe another 300 bucks for the paint job. :p

I'm not removing the entire grill. The holes for the screws and some adjacent portion remains. Have to use a grill if the strength's not sufficient to hold the fans. But much better than the honey-comb structure that blocks most of the air.

IMO the side panel should've been left as it is or perhaps, a 120mm fan close to the memory sticks would have been ideal. In my case, I've left it as such.

Could you find out what sort of glue was used to stick the acrylic panel to the metal? I may have to use the double-sided 3M sticky tape if nothing works. This place's helluva dusty. The cabinet'd be filled with dust in no time! :(

Hey thats quiet cheap :eek:hyeah: I really dunno whom to look for , to get such work done :(

I plan to remove the side panel fan and just use a nice design grill to cover up.I guess removing the side intake wouldnt make much different.

Anyways the blue LED's attracts mosquitoes which get killed in the fan blade and i can see a dozen of them inside the cabby :rofl:(will clean up during vacations.)

How do i know which adhesive was used to stick it ? KMD got it done for me ,so he might be knowing.

The adhesive is yellowish(somewhat like Araldite® Adhesives) and has got a very good hold of the the acrylic.

I would advise using a adhesive and not double sided tape..(sounds messy and it will lose the hold if dust sticks to the tape)

advantage of tape being that you can remove tape and fix a different arcrylic board to the sidepanel if you get bored of the current one :p

Will be a lot less messier than prying araldited stuff apart

Gannu said:

i got my side panel cut from a 'Tijori' shop for FREE.(they used chisel n hammer)

Gannu said:

you can use VELCRO. i got VELCRO stripes with Sunbeamtech Cold Cathodes. i have used that VELCRO for sticking Acrylic sheet to Side Panel. yeh, u can remove it whenever u want for cleaning & put it back(like you remove sandal).
Another cheap option for this would be using Fevi Quick. Also, you can srews(
by drilling sidepanel & acryilic).

You folks haven't heard of this innovative product called lovingly as a "cabby" which is available in the market if you know the right sources? :D

Back