Audio z5500 Control Pod LCD Issue... Help Please..

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi aLL..

My Z5500 control pod..the thing with the volume knob..the blue LCD back light is no longer working...from last friday... ..

There is no issue with the speakers... just the LCD's blue backlight..the one which is ON always...LCD is also working fine.no issues at all..

shall i replace it??

whats the procedure??

is just the control pod is to be taken to the dealer??

is this a serious issue??

or just ignore it??

why this happened??

Please give the answers to qns u know please...

Jerin

i got the same problem once.... just tyrn off the power, turn it back on and then use the remote power button to turn the speakers on... frm nw ur power button on the pod shd work

^^^

What???

There is no issue with the speakers... just the LCD's blue backlight..the one which is ON always...LCD is also working fine.no issues at all..

I think thats a common problem as ive seen such issues while browsing thru some Z-5500 threads.. oh god.. i hope it doesnt happen with my set

^^ all your questions except the last will be answered by logitech customer care if you call them.. Have you called them yet? If you are serious abt the blue light call them

^^ it shd be difficult if they ask you to bring all the stuff to their service center.. I remember one in another forum who got a replacement at his house delivered when his pod was damaged due to lightning.,,, it shd be possible if u call logitech

hey..i called the dealer... they said to bring the pod to them..will give them this wed..and will post back how long it takes..hope it wont take more than 10 days...

^^^

damn man... u should get it replaced....

actualy the always on feature kinda bums me...but when its not there...i am like...awhh... hehhee...

yea..i would also like the CC no....

^^^Number please....

Its next to impossible for me to take the whole system to dealer or the service center as i have wall mounted the speakers.

Dont the have Onsite warranty? or Wont they replace only the control center?

same problem for me.... :(
anybody has logitec service center support number ?
i have for Pune but those stupid people said... no such product avaliable in their list.... :mad:
i watch movies in night time with all lights off. in that case if i have to change mode from 6 channel to dolby then its impossible.
btw... i purchased this from FutureBazar, mumbai... i hope they wont ask me to get that pod thing to them... and then 10 days for replacement...

crap logitec in india... i guess they dumped a crap lot in india and thats why we got it for so cheap price......

ahem..i bought it for 19k.... :( ...

and u guys.. u all had issues but didnt say anything???why???? ....

yeah..i am only taking the pod to them..coz they told me too...i hope i heard them right.....even if they told to bring the whole thing..i would have...

It's either a busted LED or its associated components. If it doesn't bother you that you can't see the light, then get it replaced. It's usually an isolated issue, and the temptation for the manufacturer is to pump a lot of current into the LED to make it really bright. Blue LEDs are prone to failure when subjected to overcurrent, and there is nothing wrong with a too-bright LED being blown out, IMO.

Still, if you'd rather have it fixed then do so by all means, but be aware that it may happen again as it's probably a design issue or one caused by parts substitution to lower cost - not uncommon these days.

hmm... but still man.. i payed for a premium stuff... i expect a service...hope it doesnt happen again..why cant they just do a redesign that the light goes after some time..

so sarang..... you mean to say that it can be repaired in mumbai ? i mean without logitec guys?
coz for all of us speakers are fine only that LED is the problem.

noooooob question - can blue LED be replaced with any other non bright one? stable one..... i dont care of warranty.... no point for me to take entire system and wait for 1-2 weeks and no guarantee that it wont happen again.....

Back