Audio z5500 Control Pod LCD Issue... Help Please..

Actually, the dead backlight is a small prob if u think more into it, but for me, its dang hard to know which mode and what volume its set when watching movies in the dark without the backlight and hence, i will never settle without getting the fresh piece i am entitled to.and the more enraging fact is that i had given them 4 purchases of the speaker apart from multiple keyboards and mice within the last 3 months or so.

PS: I found it funny abt his saying that if it was the entire unit failing, he cud have gotten me a replacement in no time, but since its a component alone, its hard to get the replacement done.Maybe true, maynot be too.....

^^^

thats my response too..if it was full..replacement... otherwise its hard...

hope it holds for 2 years...

yeas exactly..i use my remote for controls..and the backlight is a damn bad thing for me...lets see what the dealers say..if it have to be done.it will be...

u bought 4 z5500??... i hope its for others..not just you...

Well guys..

After some sense talking by fenix from another form[E]...I am escalating this issue to whomever i can...

will file a consumer case too..if i had too...

First i am going to file a complaint to logitech and to ingram and wait for a 5 working days.. i mean a week...

guys if any of you can help out please do so..coz i have not much experience in this area..

I paid 20,000 from my money and i am eligible of service.. they should replace it..if one of those had paid for a 5k for a dvd player they would have..then why cant I??? .... I am getting it alright... :mad:

hey man...
you log a case and all TE members here will give you details about the model, serial number so all the information can be given.
we should not log case against local vender who is refusing service but against logitec who dropped crapped material in india and no service.:mad:

lets collect all people name, product details and we will send this to logitec asia head. if numbers are more than 10 for 20k range product he must listen to us.
lets unite and fight against these bloody #@#@#@#:mad:

come on guys...... who is with us ???

I am all in man...

but as i said the dealer is a frnd of mine...(this is why i dont do deals with frnds involving money..it clouds decision...)..he said..i havent been treated like that..so technically i cant lodge a complaint..

so last night i gave it to them...they said 30 damn days..i will wait.. lets see... i will be updating this thread ofcourse....

i paid a premium and i get worse service than a guy who bought a 3k 5.1..nice....

so to all guys..u should try it once..the RMA...but imrahns..aka redbull's experience is really horrible..and he and i are dealing with the same guy.. a sasikumar..he s a region head here...so lets see how it goes....

i know the guys office in my city..just in case..if i have to pay him a visit...

ok no problem.
but at least we should share our serial numbers via PM and somebody can collect it. so we can send one harsh mail to logitec asia head.
they must know what is going on in india.

correct ?

just the bill no is enuff.... so guys the wait starts.. 30 damn days they said...let it be.. i am getting a new one...

will keep updating this thread... so that any new guys wanna contribute...

Got a reply from LOGITECH which is below.......................

Hello Santosh,

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Support for Asia Pacific Region. My name is Carl and I will be assisting you with Incident # 081101-001951 .

Santosh, I appreciate the effort you made to send us the image of your Z-5500 control pod.

Since the pod is not responsive and only shows rectangular icons, you can send the pod and speakers back for replacement if it is within the 2 years warranty period from date of purchase.

Please be advised that Logitech does not have any Parts and Returns Center to service your region and as such all warranty replacement and parts request are handled at the store or reseller level.

In accordance with Logitech warranty policy for Asia Pacific region, you will need to return the control pod back to the store where you originally purchased it. Please bring along your receipt and all related hardware (including speakers) that comes with the package.

However, please note that at the store discretion; they might offer to test the control pod before proceeding with warranty replacement. You will need to discuss the issue with them and decide whether to proceed and accept the offer.

I hope that this has answered your query. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need further assistance. For speedier response, you can contact us directly at the numbers below.

Thank you for supporting Logitech.

Note: If you are using Spam Blocker tool, please turn it off or make sure that you can receive e-mail messages from “@mailca.custhelp.com”

Sincerely,

Carl

Logitech Technical Support

www.logitech.com/support

Australia 1800 025 544

Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm East (Sydney)

New Zealand 0800 447 361

Monday - Friday, 11am - 7pm, NZ Time

India 000 800 600 1133

Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 6:30pm

Malaysia 03 2054 1884

Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm

Singapore 800-6011-372

Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm

Hong Kong +852-2498-6803

Mon - Fri, 9am - 12noon, 2pm - 6pm

Sat 9am - 12noon

Disclaimer:

Please note that your incident request has reached the AP Email Support team. We are currently supporting the end-users of Logitech products for the Asia Pacific region. If you are currently from a different location, please inform us or update your contact details to allow us to submit your query to the appropriate region for more help and assistance.

Customer (Santosh Kumar) 10/31/2008 09:49 PM

Hi,

My Z5500 speakers goes mute and the control pod shows squares on the whole lcd. After switching off the power supply from back of the subwoofer and switching it on back it works fine but again after few minutes the same problem repeats.

I am also attaching the snapshot.

Regards

Santosh Kumar

Hi All..

My dealer called last day..

Apparently they got a call from logitech office..saying that to replace the pod alone is not possible..i have to bring all the set. SO today packed it ...in my car's trunk..after office i will go there and give to my dealer...

My dealer said they may replace the entire set. so lets see....

Jerin

Hi,

I am looking to buy these speakers for my PC, I had a question, is the LCD Control panel wireless like the remote?

Are all the satelites wireless?

What is the sound like? i.e. Clarity. The base? Does it have a smooth base noise or a rusty thumping noise?

Thank you, sorry to divert from the topic at hand.

my speaker control pod backlight was flickering like hell for like 1/2 hour :O i dont know whats wrong... i almost felt like its gonna die today but rite now... its constant.. flickers 5-6 in 15 mins avg interval...

Back