ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

I switched from CM7 N257+ to Lewa OS to CM9 Alpha 5.2+ and back to Lewa OS in a space of 4 days.

While I was happy with CM7 and was using it since 2 days after I bought the phone in June, I wanted to try something different. At first glance, Lewa swept me off my feet. Beautiful ROM, beautiful everything. Best stock SMS+Contacts+Dialer app ever! The launcher is a let down, but I use Launcher Pro Plus anyway. Switched to CM9 because I wanted to try it over the weekend and while ICS is great, I would wait for a few more weeks (?) until we get a faster and better working CM9 ROM. It's great for an alpha though.

I switched back to Lewa OS because it's a lot faster and smoother than CM7 at the same clock speeds. The only problem I'm facing with it is that Link2SD isn't working on it and while s2e claims it works, I still see the apps taking up valuable internal space.

^ I was going to flash it before going back to Lewa OS, but decided against it. I've heard that Moldovan MHMP is better than Fish n Chips since the latter still has a few bugs that have not been sorted out.

Hey #pageisgod85 . How stable is Lewa OS ?

I am not keen on flashing every other week that is why I am sticking to 7.1 at the moment .

But isnt it badly translated...

Read that it has lot of spelling mistakes and incomplete translations (chinese s#it mixed in between)

Nope. It isn't badly translated. There are only three apps which have the Chinese characters and since I don't use them, I don't really care about it. You can also hide them in the launcher or uninstall it using Titanium Backup. Here are some of the screenshots from my phone.

Lewa7.jpg

Lewa4.jpg

Lewa5.jpg

Lewa6.jpg

Dialer

Lewa3.jpg

Lewa2.jpg

Lewa1.jpg

Lewa8.jpg

Hey #pageisgod85 . How stable is Lewa OS ?

I am not keen on flashing every other week that is why I am sticking to 7.1 at the moment .

Have used it for over 3 days and not a single reboot yet. All apps work fine, except unfortunately Link2SD. Besides being smoother than CM7.1 (or the last nightlies), it also has much better battery performance. Previously I would return home from work with my battery at 30-35%, now it's around 50-55% with the same amount of usage.

^ Looks awesome and MIUI like. Didn't know such a ROM existed for the Blade, haven't been up to date with Modaco lately. Will think of trying this one soon.

^ Looks awesome and MIUI like. Didn't know such a ROM existed for the Blade, haven't been up to date with Modaco lately. Will think of trying this one soon.

You definitely should. It's based on CM7, just like MIUI is. The only thing I didn't like about MIUI on my brother's Desire was the stock launcher which did not have an app drawer. But other than that, it is a beautiful UI and so is Lewa OS.

Thanks for the detailed analysis mate.

I might flash this if you continue to experience no problems .
You're welcome. I'll keep updating my experience with this ROM on this thread.

Since I managed to pick up ADW Launcher EX which I feel is very good I think this rom suits me .

I have a very heavy usage on my Blade so better battery life always tempts me.

Speaking of Battery life, the battery efficiency of ICS (CM9) amazed me. It gave me even better battery life than Lewa OS during the 2 days that I used it. As soon as we get the first beta or RC release of CM9, I'm switching back to it.

Tried the MIUI Music liked it
<
. BTW LEWA OS I need to give another try as I didn't give it much try [the initial childlike theme buzzed me off :x]

Tried the MIUI Music liked it
<
. BTW LEWA OS I need to give another try as I didn't give it much try [the initial childlike theme buzzed me off :x]

I agree. The Angry birds theme is not everybody's cup of tea, but it does have a good set of themes which do the job brilliantly.

Is it for real that lewa gives a better battery life? Also, could some one say if everything works (Cam, wifi, etc)?

Everything's working fine. It has the stock CM7 camera app, but that doesn't matter to me since I use Camera 360 and Vignette anyway.

[rant]

My Brother's ZTE Blade is gone (nothing comes on screen) and whenever he goes to various mobile shops to get it repaired, they all say "Yeh China ka phone hai..Fek do...repair nahi hoga". This is even after telling them it is the Dell XCD35.
<
:mad:

The problem with such a thing is that if tomorrow say i plan to sell my Blade at B&M shop, they would not offer me anything, saying it is Chinese stuff.

[/rant]

Its a buget warrior. If you have the bucks, then buying this phone does not make much sense, when you could get something much much better. All said and done, this phone is awesome
<

my max budget is arnd 14k....dont wanna buy ace and heard negative reviews abt fire xt.....defy doesnt seem to be available...and absolutely need big screen size...

Back