ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Tried "SMS backup & Restore"; weirdly only 71 of the 84 messages are getting backed up:( not sure which ones of the 13 smses are failing
BTW: any other way to backup contacts without webaccess( at office now and no access to internet through phone)
pageisgod85 said:
^ Sync your Contacts with your google account and they will be restored when you flash a new ROM and sync it with the same account. Images are mainly stored on the SD card, so they will remain untouched. For SMS, many people recommend SMS Backup & Restore (find in market).
@logiso.... Could not see the option of backup in Go SMS Pro :(
logistopath said:
Not sure for the stock dialer, but Go Contacts Ex has speed dial. Also, Go SMS Pro too has the option to backup and restore messages.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Never mind...Logiso...got it and backed up using "Go SMS pro"

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys.....another quick question.
I have a dell XCD 35 bought from Letsbuy. the app "Ask mr PigFish" says its a "Gen 1 model (sold with Android 2.1)"
Is this true; I thought all Dell XCD 35 were Den 2 models:(

For SMS backup i use Pansi SMS. This app is actually my main SMS app since it gives the option of using the classic interface of Inbox, Sent, Drafts etc and it have evolved a lot and i use it to backup and restore SMS messages.

kingpair said:
Internal memory can't be increased(160 MB). Ram can be unlocked from 256 to 512mb. Two totally different things.Which one are you talking about?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Bro, I want to increase the RAM. My mobile phone storage shows : total space 162 Mb, available space 70 Mb. I want to install other games and softwares, but even after moving them to SD card they take some space on phone storage. Because of this the number of softwares is limited. I want to release the locked 256 Mb RAM so that The available memory of phone increases from 70 Mb to 200+ Mb.

xtremevicky said:
Thinking of buying Widgetlocker !

Anyone purchased it ?

Not promoting piracy or anything, but i suggest you download from alternate source and install and check if you like it. If you do then remove it and buy a legitimate copy for your use.

j_jindal1 said:
Bro, I want to increase the RAM. My mobile phone storage shows : total space 162 Mb, available space 70 Mb. I want to install other games and softwares, but even after moving them to SD card they take some space on phone storage. Because of this the number of softwares is limited. I want to release the locked 256 Mb RAM so that The available memory of phone increases from 70 Mb to 200+ Mb.

Increasing the RAM does not increase phone memory. The phone memory is dependent on the partition sizes. You seem to have the 200 MB+ system partition and hence less usable memory. In my case the internal memory (not RAM) in 294 MB

Install Quick System Info Pro (it is free) and check your 'internal storage' and 'Memory'

Whatever it shows total in your Internal Storage is your total usable memory for apps etc. Mine is 294 MB

Whatever it shows under Memory is your RAM. Mine is 421 MB.

raksrules said:
Not promoting piracy or anything, but i suggest you download from alternate source and install and check if you like it. If you do then remove it and buy a legitimate copy for your use.

Yea. Well lets just say this is happening to me .

I installed the app. Now the details are as below:

Internal storage 162Mb, free 60 Mb.

system storage 220 Mb free 84 Mb

Memory Total 421 Mb Idle 82.65 Mb

It's a GEN2 mobile with CM7.0 stable version installed.

Since the available memory is only 60 Mb, after installing 2/3 games it'll cease to 20-30 Mb and I'll start getting low-memory error.. :(

raksrules said:
Increasing the RAM does not increase phone memory. The phone memory is dependent on the partition sizes. You seem to have the 200 MB+ system partition and hence less usable memory. In my case the internal memory (not RAM) in 294 MB

Install Quick System Info Pro (it is free) and check your 'internal storage' and 'Memory'

Whatever it shows total in your Internal Storage is your total usable memory for apps etc. Mine is 294 MB

Whatever it shows under Memory is your RAM. Mine is 421 MB.

j_jindal1 said:
I installed the app. Now the details are as below:

Internal storage 162Mb, free 60 Mb.

system storage 220 Mb free 84 Mb

Memory Total 421 Mb Idle 82.65 Mb

It's a GEN2 mobile with CM7.0 stable version installed.

Since the available memory is only 60 Mb, after installing 2/3 games it'll cease to 20-30 Mb and I'll start getting low-memory error.. :(

Since you have the 220 MB system partition, you have less internal storage memory. Try using apps like Link2SD / Move2SD Enabler / Apps2SD Pro to move the apps to SD Card. Do you have like tons of apps on your phone memory ?

Your RAM is not an issue, it is 512 MB only (since it shows 421 MB).

The best you can do is try to move apps to SD, as much as you can and as a last resort, try repartitioning your main memory and keep the system partition to like 160 MB or so. Wbaw has already provided a one shot install file for repartitioning to 160 MB and installing CM 7.1 (??) You may try that.

is CM7.1 slow or the ZTE blade itself is slow. I can see some lag in the phone and also the scroll is not so smooth:(. Obviously its better than the stock rom but still not upto the par:(

pageisgod85 said:
Don't let me or Julian read that :p
Theme changer is one of the USPs of CM7. I have 5-6 awesome themes installed on my phone and is the main reason why I don't switch to other ROMs.
:d

To all those looking for themes for cm7 just search tpb for 'adw themes'. there's a nice theme pack with 14 themes (68mb). also optionally install 'theme chooser wallpapers ' from market to select embedded wallpapers from certain themes.

I really miss cm7 on my new xperia play and am just dying to get back to Bombay so I can start flashing.

raksrules said:
Since you have the 220 MB system partition, you have less internal storage memory. Try using apps like Link2SD / Move2SD Enabler / Apps2SD Pro to move the apps to SD Card. Do you have like tons of apps on your phone memory ?

Your RAM is not an issue, it is 512 MB only (since it shows 421 MB).

The best you can do is try to move apps to SD, as much as you can and as a last resort, try repartitioning your main memory and keep the system partition to like 160 MB or so. Wbaw has already provided a one shot install file for repartitioning to 160 MB and installing CM 7.1 (??) You may try that.

Thanks bro.

Back