ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

yeah it does . it doesnt have radio and few other stuffs but i dont need them anyway so it didnt bother me . But music quality improved alot :) . Ohh and no theme changer :p

Is there anyone who can spoon feed me for upgrading my XCD35 from android 2.2 to CM7.1...

I had gone through the Modaco forums but I dont' want to brick my phone by doing a mistake. I just cant' afford it but still want to use CM7.1 :)

My progress till now :-

My XCD35 is GEN2 and having 2.2 pre-installed. (Ask Mr. Pigfish)

I've installed Z4root and Rom Manager Softwares.

I have USB cables and a laptop with Windows XP and Windows7 (dual boot)

deathgoddg said:
yeah it does . it doesnt have radio and few other stuffs but i dont need them anyway so it didnt bother me . But music quality improved alot :) . Ohh and no theme changer :p

is it better than dell stock 2.2

deathgoddg said:

I doubt if any one uses the theme changer. Well i hope the audio is good. Also, could you tell me where can i get total housing or a silicone case for my Phone in India.

pratzgh1 said:
I doubt if any one uses the theme changer.

Don't let me or Julian read that :p

Theme changer is one of the USPs of CM7. I have 5-6 awesome themes installed on my phone and is the main reason why I don't switch to other ROMs.

pageisgod85 said:

Theme changer is one of the USPs of CM7. I have 5-6 awesome themes installed on my phone and is the main reason why I don't switch to other ROMs.

Woah that's great, do gimme a link to the themes if they are really that good.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, Guys m i the only one or is everyone facing the audio issue? Its kinda worrying me!

Guys, in a dilemma. You must be knowing about the ZTE Blade offered by IDEA under a 3G package for Rs. 7992 right?

This, I hope, is the stock ZTE Blade on Android OS 2.2 right? I mean we can easily flash a custom ROM on it just like all the other XCD 35's and ZTE Blades isn't it?

Need this clarification ASAP!

j_jindal1 said:
Is there anyone who can spoon feed me for upgrading my XCD35 from android 2.2 to CM7.1...

I had gone through the Modaco forums but I dont' want to brick my phone by doing a mistake. I just cant' afford it but still want to use CM7.1 :)

My progress till now :-

My XCD35 is GEN2 and having 2.2 pre-installed. (Ask Mr. Pigfish)

I've installed Z4root and Rom Manager Softwares.

I have USB cables and a laptop with Windows XP and Windows7 (dual boot)

Is there no-one to help me step by step.... :(

Download gapps and the latest cm7 stable build from cyanogen wiki website. Don't unzip the files. Just copy them to the root of your sd card.

Go to astro file manager (download from market) and check md5sum hash by holding down on the file name. Verify that it matches the md5sum hash on the cyanogen wiki site you're downloading your rom and gapps from.

Then root your phone using z4root permanent method(download from modaco) and wait for it to reboot. Then using rom manager click on flash clockwork mod recovery and choose zte blade. Wait for flash to complete. Then click on Reboot into recovery.

In recovery, use volume keys to go up and down and home button to select.

Scroll down to wipe cache partition, select it and clikc yes to confirm. Go back to main menu, select wipe data/factory reset and again click yes to confirm. Lastly wipe dalvik cache by going to the advanced option from the main menu. Then go back to main menu, go to install zip from sd card, choose zip from sd card and scroll down to the cm7 zip file and click on it. Click yes to confirm. Once installation is finished go back to main menu, click install zip from sd card, choose zip from sd card and click on the gapps zip file. Again click yes to confirm. Once installed go back to main menu and click reboot system.

If this bricks your phone I take no responsibility. Its what I did and I have the same phone as you.

Cheers.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

pageisgod85 said:

Interesting . Point me to the links :p
comp@ddict said:
Guys, in a dilemma. You must be knowing about the ZTE Blade offered by IDEA under a 3G package for Rs. 7992 right?

This, I hope, is the stock ZTE Blade on Android OS 2.2 right? I mean we can easily flash a custom ROM on it just like all the other XCD 35's and ZTE Blades isn't it?

Need this clarification ASAP!

Yes. You can install a custom ROM just like any other Blade.

deathgoddg said:
Well try the other Lite ROM of CM 7.1 I found the music better than any other ROM and it also has the android music 4.0

Dude, the music is really nice now. Thanks a ton bro. I was worried a bit, lol..

vercetti said:
so which is better CM7 or CM 7.1?
Cm7.1 is the latest stable version and improves on cm7. Cm7.2 nightlies and kang (self compiled) builds are also available on modaco

j_jindal1 said:
How to unlock the memory.. ? After installing CM7, the available memory is still 120 Mb only.. Is there any way to unlock it to 512 Mb.. ?
Internal memory can't be increased(160 MB). Ram can be unlocked from 256 to 512mb. Two totally different things.Which one are you talking about?

Dude, just let me know. Should i use titanium backup to restore my apps or just install them all new. I have the apks for almost all.

pratzgh1 said:
Dude, just let me know. Should i use titanium backup to restore my apps or just install them all new. I have the apks for almost all.

You can do both . Whatever you feel like is less painful.

Back