ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Can anyone suggest a leather case for the blade ? Money doesn't matter.

I gave the XCD35 to my wife after I bought the Samsung Note. The worst thing I could do was to order a Zenus Prestige Carbon Case for the Note. Now wife is so pissed off at me and unless I don't buy a good (very good actually) case for her XCD35, she wouldn't return the samsung note to me :(

Help guys. I don't mind spending even 2000 for that case :( Suggestions ?

^ As mentioned in the last few pages of this thread, the current alpha 5 version of CM9 is pretty good with a few bugs such as no multi touch and few apps like Gmail and Gallery not working or working for some. Other than that, it's pretty stable.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Can anyone suggest a leather case for the blade ? Money doesn't matter.

I gave the XCD35 to my wife after I bought the Samsung Note. The worst thing I could do was to order a Zenus Prestige Carbon Case for the Note. Now wife is so pissed off at me and unless I don't buy a good (very good actually) case for her XCD35, she wouldn't return the samsung note to me :(

Help guys. I don't mind spending even 2000 for that case :( Suggestions ?

Try out cases available for nokia 71/72.that is the only option to get a decent case.buy you may have to make some cuts!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Idea Blade: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com
This is a much better deal than the dell.3g for 3 months included!!!!!

Guys, would anyone please tell me where can i get silicon case for the blade?

guys also, i have another problem, that i'm facing with CM7.1 on the Blade. The audio is crap both on the phone speaker and the headset. There's a lot of distortion and increases as the volume reaches max. Any way around, coz the dsp manager doesnt seem to help at all.

Guys...I am still in Android 2.2 for my DELl XCD35 as I was not sure how to flash my phone with the CM7 rom.

Now A forum member has agreed to help me.

Can you guys please let me know how I can take a full backup of the data in the phone (Contacts, Messages, Pics) So that I can restore this once CM7 rom is installed

^ Sync your Contacts with your google account and they will be restored when you flash a new ROM and sync it with the same account. Images are mainly stored on the SD card, so they will remain untouched. For SMS, many people recommend SMS Backup & Restore (find in market).

@xtremevicky

The Stock Dell 2.2 ROM is available on a thread on Modaco blade forums.

Thanks...repped u!!!! Enjoy

pageisgod85 said:
^ Sync your Contacts with your google account and they will be restored when you flash a new ROM and sync it with the same account. Images are mainly stored on the SD card, so they will remain untouched. For SMS, many people recommend SMS Backup & Restore (find in market).

Guys...another question: is there an option of fast dailing in Dell XCD 35? its irritating to go to cantacts everytime u wanna dial someone

Not sure for the stock dialer, but Go Contacts Ex has speed dial. Also, Go SMS Pro too has the option to backup and restore messages.

vercetti said:

You're welcome and thanks :)

vercetti said:
Guys...another question: is there an option of fast dailing in Dell XCD 35? its irritating to go to cantacts everytime u wanna dial someone

Yes, the stock Dell 2.2 as well as CM7 dialer do not have smart dialing feature. I've been using the dialer which comes with the Contapps app and it does a fine job at smart dialing along with syncing my contacts with my Twitter account (FB too, it's just that I'm not on FB). If you want a stand alone dialer, check out Dialer One. I used it for 15-20 days and must say that it's really good and fast.

I use dialer one and it works awesome :) smart dialer and it matches both name and number :) just like the HTC dialer [if you have used any] . You can do a nandroid back up too :) that will restore your stock ROM easily but with the custom CWM recovery.

vercetti said:

There is an option of speed dialing in on the stock ROM. U might wanna use it for frequently dialed numbers. Just go to Settings>> Call Settings>> Speed Dial

guys, i was on cm7.1 stable. But the audio is crap and so m thinking of going for the latest nightly build #257. Please reply asap as to how is it? Is there any issues. I hope this will solve the audio issue. Please could some one give me a short review or so about the nightly build? I will be flashing it tonight. :)

pratzgh1 said:
guys, i was on cm7.1 stable. But the audio is crap and so m thinking of going for the latest nightly build #257. Please reply asap as to how is it? Is there any issues. I hope this will solve the audio issue. Please could some one give me a short review or so about the nightly build? I will be flashing it tonight. :)

Well try the other Lite ROM of CM 7.1 I found the music better than any other ROM and it also has the android music 4.0

pratzgh1 said:
Well try the other Lite ROM of CM 7.1 I found the music better than any other ROM and it also has the android music 4.0

Back