ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Not to sound like a broken record but elite blade rom with underclocked kernel : 23 hours on battery, 45 mins of calls, around five texts, half hour of surfing, wifi on all the time, and still 55 percent battery left. Nuff said.

Well LEWA OS not my cup of tea updated to MMHMP RLS 9
<
Nice ROM . Battery life on the RLS8 was around 1.5 -2 days with moderate wifi use and moderate calls amounting to an hour or so of talk time. Trying out the undervolt kernel with this ROM in theory it should save battery well lets see its practical .

Not to sound like a broken record but elite blade rom with underclocked kernel : 23 hours on battery, 45 mins of calls, around five texts, half hour of surfing, wifi on all the time, and still 55 percent battery left. Nuff said.

Wow. Now that is a good performance.

Lower right corner of my OLED Blade is not working anymore. :-( No response to touch at all. Anyone else facing similar issue ?

#varkey Lower left issue here and i am in better situation. Atleast it responds when swiped in a diagonal fashion (have to do 3 or 4 times

<
).

See the image. I tried to draw a diagonal to the corner end of the screen and the part near the corner does not give response

8zg6R.png

Except CM7 (7.1 ??), what other ROM are you people using here ??

I have started using CM7 recently but feel that even in airplane mode, the phone loses the battery a lot. Moreover the GPS lock takes lot of time and for someone like me who uses the phone as a dedicated GPS device currently, this is not really something i am happy with.

I need more of a battery saver ROM rather than performance oriented as i am not really a power user.

Any other ROM can anyone suggest ?

I have the 160 MB System partition that i got done using the wbaw's single installation file which repartitioned the file system, created the 160MB partition and then installed the CM7.

^ Try Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9. It's supposed to give great battery life and needs the 160MB partition that you already have.

I have started using CM7 recently but feel that even in airplane mode, the phone loses the battery a lot. Moreover the GPS lock takes lot of time and for someone like me who uses the phone as a dedicated GPS device currently, this is not really something i am happy with.

I need more of a battery saver ROM rather than performance oriented as i am not really a power user.

I have the 160 MB System partition that i got done using the wbaw's single installation file which repartitioned the file system, created the 160MB partition and then installed the CM7.

Yeah i noticed the reduction in battery life too....

jumped from stock 2.2 to cm7.1.

moreover the wifi gets disconnected(not disconnected actually...but there is no data transfer) after a while(1-2 min) of non-usage

for eg works for the first 5 min and then if a keep reading a page(no data transfer - idle)...then refresh or load a page there is no data connection even when the wifi stays on...

PS - it has nothing to do with my adsl connection...as i cannot acess the router page(192.168.1.1) when this happens

Yeah i noticed the reduction in battery life too....

jumped from stock 2.2 to cm7.1.

moreover the wifi gets disconnected(not disconnected actually...but there is no data transfer) after a while(1-2 min) of non-usage

for eg works for the first 5 min and then if a keep reading a page(no data transfer - idle)...then refresh or load a page there is no data connection even when the wifi stays on...

PS - it has nothing to do with my adsl connection...as i cannot acess the router page(192.168.1.1) when this happens

^ Battery life was improved a lot in the nightlies after 7.1. Also the Wifi problem you're talking about was a non issue on my phone running on CM7 N256+

I've moved on to Lewa OS since then, but CM7 was way better than the stock 2.2 Dell ROM in terms of battery life for me.

Can anyone tell me which is the most stable rom for the blade available now? have been on swedish spring for nearly a year now and I think its time to experiment a bit more now.

so is it a bug in cm 7.1 stable

Dont think so i had been using stable 7.1 for a long time it worked perfectly yeah battery was not very good but not bad either.

Can anyone tell me which is the most stable rom for the blade available now? have been on swedish spring for nearly a year now and I think its time to experiment a bit more now.

you got to try yourself buddy and find your choice .

Somehow the stable version, made my audio distort at all volume levels. I had switched to the lite version and felt it to be awesome, in all aspects. Also now using the CM7.1 N257 and find it to be good too (audio on stock still distorts, but only at full volumes, and sadly the blade has limited volume, somethig that i dont quite like
<
).

^ There are many N257 versions floating around. I used Sej's build for over a month and was very happy with it. If you plan on installing a non CM7 ROM, try MMHMP or Lewa OS. Both ROMs will give you better performance than CM7 and also better battery life.

Guys DSP Manger is supposed to be universal isnt it...i mean work with all apps besides the default GB music player

why doesnt it work with poweramp or video players...

Somehow the stable version, made my audio distort at all volume levels. I had switched to the lite version and felt it to be awesome, in all aspects. Also now using the CM7.1 N257 and find it to be good too (audio on stock still distorts, but only at full volumes, and sadly the blade has limited volume, somethig that i dont quite like
<
).

use titanium and then freeze dsp manager. I noticed after i disabled the manager the sound at high volume didnt crack
<
. I also changed to MIUI player or the android 4.1 music [its just simple install the apk only thing].

Back