ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

i really liked it looks r better than CM7.

Camera is working without preview,wi-fi is also working, whatever i tried 90% working.Certain apps r not working for e.g. pansiSMS,arcmedia etc.

For smoother operation Hardware acceleration should be enable otherwise interface would be laggy.

Thanks a lot #vip for the heads up.

Then i guess there is still some time to go before i take the ICS plunge.

Happy with my cm7 at the moment
<

guys which is the fastest rom for the blade? also what can be done to speed up the phone? my blade seems like a p3 vs i5 when compared to my defy!

^ Fastest is subjective. Benchmarks don't tell the true story. While several users swear by the Swedish Snow or MMHMP vanilla ROMS, I found them to be extremely lacklustre and even laggy. Lewa OS had a few drawbacks, but it is by far the smoothest ROM I have ever used on my phone. At the end of the day, I'm a die-hard CM7 guy and even if it is not as smooth as Lewa, I can't live without its customizations and flexibility. Tried Tilal's CM9, but I still prefer CM7 over it (as of now)

Damn, you changed your ID too? Was it intentional or forced by the forum change?

I feel the same way about cm7. Only it's all sucky on my xperia play, so i'm sticking with the stock rom.
<

i want a rom that is not laggy and also that performs basic functions swiftly. For eg. operamini scrolling works like a breeze on the defy, but my blade seems slow and laggy while scrolling the same page. Also for a weird reason, the blade's audio seems very low in quality, many say it is rom based. I just want to know what is the truth?

And weirdly, 3g usage causes the phone to loose battery like 1 point per 3 seconds! I can see it drain, but this happens only when using 3g!

I love the Blade's screen over my defy, and the overall feel too, but certain issues are disappointing. On multimedia features the blade seems to lose big time. It has a crappy video recoder, and a even crappier audio output (distortion and very low volumes).

Another weird thing i came across, was that, when i compared the weight of my white San francisco to a friend's Black one, my phone seems heavier?
<

try this rom with bursltram kernel with a very good battery life and also a nice performance:

www.mediafire.com/?t928soc29bbot9c

secondly,for audio you should try poweramp player which makes the audio quality much better.

and for video recording you should try lg camera app.and edit system/etc/media_profile.xml.you can get a nice audio recording too by editing audio codec frequencies.

Actually blade has crappiest audio quality of all phones I have used. I think its not rom related but its hardware issue. You should try to avoid it for music.

one thing i have tried and gives me a bit of satisfaction is, after overclocking the cpu to a constant 691mhz. but battery drain is awesome too.
<

Shifted to Swedish Snow RLS6 which has included the newly released Aderno 2xx binaries AFAIK. Battery life is awesome and performance is non-laggy with the following setting in No-Frills CPU Control

Max. clock freq. 604MHz

Min. clock freq. 122MHz

Governor ondemand

I/O scheduler bfq

Try this setting guys on any ROM and you will see a good non laggy performance
<
[at least for me this worked].

So far my fav ROMs are LeWa and Swedish Snow
<

PS: Just sharing as I found this setting to be good .

Back