ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

THe price, aargh, if only it comes down to reasonable levels(99pounds UK price, and we are a poorer country, we should get it for cheaper plus it's a chinese phones, we are practically living outside each other's doorstep)

10k-11k makes it fantastic, Optimus and stupid sammy galaxy ace would die in a flash

Now i have change my mind from Optimes 1 to xcd35..... where can i buy it cheaply in mumbai? If i want to order from Uk is it cheaper?

Anyone using FLB r10b ROM and facing issues with the superuser functionality ?

I guess the ROM had superuser installed but some apps like titanium backup and shoot me many a times say that they are not able to acquire root access. For this i again tried rooting my blade with Universal androot (which told me that my device is already rooted) but still the apps do not get the root privileges. Any way to update the superuser OTA ?

Happens some time when you have pirated version of TiBu installed. Go to superuser app and say forgot for TiBu. That should solve the problem. Otherwise Just uninstall and reinstall TiBu.

But I have free version installed and insuperuser it does not show the titanium backup at all. Planning to move back to r8a till a stable r11 comes.

bigbyte said:
Happens some time when you have pirated version of TiBu installed. Go to superuser app and say forgot for TiBu. That should solve the problem. Otherwise Just uninstall and reinstall TiBu.
Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Hmm.. then there may be some problem with your installation. Did you wiped cache/data before upgrading to rls10b from JJ? I'm also using rls10b and never faced this problem. Infact rls10b is one of the most stable rom out there. KK has released a rom based on official Froyo, and the feedback is quite good. I feel that is next in line.

bigbyte said:
Hmm.. then there may be some problem with your installation. Did you wiped cache/data before upgrading to rls10b from JJ? I'm also using rls10b and never faced this problem. Infact rls10b is one of the most stable rom out there. KK has released a rom based on official Froyo, and the feedback is quite good. I feel that is next in line.

Yes had did all that and it worked too for some time but broke few days back. I am sure that few users have reported issues with the superuser functionality in this ROM. Btw i had migrated from r8a to r10b and changing ROMs is quite cumbersome since i need to install all my preferred apps again. I dont trust Titanium to do it so i reinstall them.
Btw can you link to the ROM based on official froyo ??

I don't really believe in restoring apps and settings as I feel its always better to do a fresh install and configure settings manually. Hence I use Appbrain along with fast web installer to install all the apps after a new ROM is flashed. Works pretty well.

arun687 said:
I don't really believe in restoring apps and settings as I feel its always better to do a fresh install and configure settings manually. Hence I use Appbrain along with fast web installer to install all the apps after a new ROM is flashed. Works pretty well.
restore = installation in silent incase of TiBu... you can select a different mode in settings for restoration if it makes you feel happy...it will follow the general 'Install' and 'Allow' routine checks..but thats all about it..

With absolutely no use of the phone, no wifi, no 3G/EDGE my battery level remained at 44% for the past 10 Hours.

Some people had mentioned that the FM radio app in this ROM is a battery drainer (i never use it anyways) but still i deleted its apk using root explorer (still icon exists and i can even use radio :S) but next time i plan to install next ROM without the radio app and but keep the APK ready incase in future i require.

Also it has been mentioned that some apps like Gmail or Gingerbread keyboard which come along with the ROM are not updated and cause battery drain and bad part is that market never mentions that their update is available and hence you will need to manually update them.

madnav said:
restore = installation in silent incase of TiBu... you can select a different mode in settings for restoration if it makes you feel happy...it will follow the general 'Install' and 'Allow' routine checks..but thats all about it..
Oh, I thought it was for 'restoring' as in really restoring apps and settings. I like fresh installs, so if TiBu does that, then it's great.

raksrules said:
With absolutely no use of the phone, no wifi, no 3G/EDGE my battery level remained at 44% for the past 10 Hours.
Some people had mentioned that the FM radio app in this ROM is a battery drainer (i never use it anyways) but still i deleted its apk using root explorer (still icon exists and i can even use radio :S) but next time i plan to install next ROM without the radio app and but keep the APK ready incase in future i require.
Also it has been mentioned that some apps like Gmail or Gingerbread keyboard which come along with the ROM are not updated and cause battery drain and bad part is that market never mentions that their update is available and hence you will need to manually update them.
Yes, I just realized this 2 days back when Appbrain showed updates for the default apps that come with the ROM. Appbrain shows these updates, so you know which of these apps are outdated and update accordingly.

Has anyone tried the CM7 (based on 2.3) ROM or the new Swedish Spring ROM (based on official stock 2.2) ??

Does the FLB still rule when it comes to custom ROM ?

^ I'm following CM7 very closely and every week it's getting closer to becoming the perfect ROM. Just give it a couple of weeks, and we should have the best ROM in CM7. Right now, still there are some core issues specific to the Blade to be addressed, so I wouldn't recommend it as an everyday ROM just yet.

raksrules said:
Couple of questions:

1. Through Recovery - Should we install the ROM with the 'apply update' option or the 'install from sdcard' option?

2. Also, Will it do a Data wipe? Do we need to back up contacts, messages etc.? If yes, could you suggest me an app for backing up messages? I've tried 'Back Up Everything' from the Market but it jumbles up the messages while restoring.

Thanks!

^^

1. Use the "Install from SD Card" option to flash the ROM

2. For contacts and message backup i use Rseven. It uploads my contacts and messages (and other things like images, ringtones etc if i choose to) to its servers and then after reinstalling the ROM, again install RSEVEN, login on the phone and again do a sync and all your messages and contacts (with Pic of contact if available) will be restored back. I prefer this over google contacts.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

In the following post, Flibblesan has listed all the APKs which are included with the ROM but many of them like twitter etc i never use so i will remove them from the zip and then install the ROM.

Anyone else doing anything like that and if yes then which APKs you are removing ?

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=335074&view=findpost&p=1640765

PS: There is no FM radio included in this ROM since it has been causing rapid battery drain as reported by many users.

Back