ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

raksrules said:
Also Wanted to know what changes would i observe after i apply the gingerbread theme pack over FLB r10b?
One thing that has already been pointed out flibblesan is that the widgets in notifications bar will go away.
But what other changes can i expect ?
Please enlighten me as this will decide whether i should flash the GB theme or not.
Thanks in advance.
I've installed the GB theme pack and it's really good. Yes, the notification bar widget goes, but I don't want that, I like it to be placed on the home screen instead. This is what you get.
Gingerbread theme pack. Custom framework with battery percentage, gingerbread launcher, gingerbread dialer, gingerbread icons in various system apps. Theme by Frankish, launcher by Steven Lin, dialer by flibblesan, app icon patches by Paul O'Brien. Install using recovery. First boot will be slow whilst dalvik-cache is rebuilt.
Nothing else changes. If you want notification bar widget, install Frankish themes, else GB pack. It's much better than the stock theme.

^^ You see i am not much into themes and all hence asked whether GB pack is needed. For %age battery i am using widgetsoid widget.

For launcher i any ways use the GO launcher EX so that is not an issue.

Weird problem on FLB r10 now. Messages are not getting sent. Been trying to send smses but not one is getting sent!

Anyone facing the same? I'm on Airtel Delhi btw.

m.a. said:
Weird problem on FLB r10 now. Messages are not getting sent. Been trying to send smses but not one is getting sent!

Anyone facing the same? I'm on Airtel Delhi btw.
I too am on r10b and i just tried. Am able to send SMS messages.

^ Working fine for me too. (Flb r10b)

Btw the Dell XCD35 is now coming with Android 2.2? Saw an ad on today's paper saying so.

MlB3s.jpg

Dunno why this is happening. But when 3g/ edge is activated, messages are being sent, no problem. With 3g/edge deactivated, messages are not being sent!

Weird.

I ordered for ZTE blade in ebay UK. I am trying to pay through paypal. I have registered my card with them.

How long will it take for them to send the code by charging my account with 1.95$. They told they have charged my account but still I haven't got any SMS confirmation from my bank. I am using a master card.

raksrules said:
Yes that is indeed a misprint and it is still 2.1 with Dell XCD35

The official DELL India page too mentions it as 2.1

Dell XCD35 | Dell India

It says 2.2 (Froyo) now.

BTW RAM is just 256MB :|

Was going for LG P500 but stopped on seeing this thread. The only difference between XCD35 & LG P500 is the screen resolution right ? AFAIK, P500 has better community support too ?

tutysara said:
I won a bid and I am planning to buy from this seller - eBay My World - football_swede
How safe it is to buy from him?
or
Do I have any alternate options like buying from prepaymania?

What is the exact listing of the item you bought? Seems like a good seller, has enough feedback etc. Check the listing properly and clarify any doubts etc beforehand itself.

PrePayMania won't work unless you have a friend in UK who can receive the package and forward it to Aramex.

alekhkhanna said:
It says 2.2 (Froyo) now.

Was going for LG P500 but stopped on seeing this thread. The only difference between XCD35 & LG P500 is the screen resolution right ? AFAIK, P500 has better community support too ?
Ya it says 2.2, will be interesting to check an offcial english 2.2ROM. If some one purchase it please post a dump in MOdaco forum.

RAM in 256mb but it can be successfully unlocked to 512mb. See modaco forums.

alekhkhanna said:
It says 2.2 (Froyo) now.

I see that XCD35 has a better screen, and the performance is rather satisfactory...

Also it's on 2.2 now(2.3 DELL!) but ram is a bit down, even 384Mb and this was a 14k winner.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bigbyte said:
Ya it says 2.2, will be interesting to check an offcial english 2.2ROM. If some one purchase it please post a dump in MOdaco forum.
hmm... wht?

^ The phone hardware comes with 512MB RAM like in the Orange San Francisco in UK (They're all the same phone). In Dell XCD35 and a few other models, it came software locked to 256mb ram, which can thus, be unlocked. I think the procedure is given in detail in Modaco forums.

comp@ddict said:
hmm... wht?
Yes Dell XCD35 is 256 MB but the other 256 MB can be unlocked and the tutorial has been given on modaco forums.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Btw wanted to know what difference it will make anyway if there is an official 2.2 froyo from say ZTE/Dell ?

I mean we already have a 2.2 custom ROMs so why care about official one ?

PS: Not criticizing, just asking because i dont get the reason :S :ashamed:

bigbyte said:

Can you link please ? Anyways gonna go search for it as this is gonna be better than P500 in case the RAM can be unlocked !

Back