ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

m.a. said:
Strange problem on Modaco r11. I cannot send any email from gmail app. It gets stuck on "sending..."

Anyone else on r11 facing the same issue?

Which is the best ROM according to you btw? I tried Japanese Jellyfish but found the r11 to be much better than that. Hoping to try CM7 or flb. Any suggestions guys?
I was using Modaco r11 till yesterday and never faced any issue with the Gmail app. Worked perfectly.

Now I am on flb and I feel it's much better than Modaco rom.

Currently on FLB r10b..
Must say that the performance of the phone is better now ..
Any way to change the keyboard ?
Din't like the keyboard.. too small for my thumb.

If you can live without qwerty then try the one raksrules suggetsed. Otherwise just rotate the phone and use same keyboard in landscape mode.

what if i just wanna do internet on my phone and not vodafone mobile connect... i think settings are already there for normal web browsing on the phone.
but things aint working.. help

coolraghav said:
what if i just wanna do internet on my phone and not vodafone mobile connect... i think settings are already there for normal web browsing on the phone.

but things aint working.. help
What are you exactly intending to do ??

If you mean wifi then it is quiet easy and you can do the setup.

I am assuming you dont want to use any mobile data plan but still want to access the net and that is possible only on wifi provided you have a wifi hotspot around.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The FLB ROM i have, had google maps bundled with it. Is it fine if i remove the maps APK from its system folder and then again download maps from market and install it so i can put it on my SD card instead of internal memory ?

I am using the JJ Rls9 on my phone and after reading through the whole thread I want to install the FLB ROM.. the question is.

I want to know the following. I have lots of apps installed, can they be backed up or I will have to do a full install again.. I know that I will have to wipe the existing partition before installing the FLB ROM .

raksrules said:
The FLB ROM i have, had google maps bundled with it. Is it fine if i remove the maps APK from its system folder and then again download maps from market and install it so i can put it on my SD card instead of internal memory ?

That should do just fine, or you can use Titanium backup to uninstall maps. Further there is an FLB rom that has google maps as an extra.

But what are you going to achieve with it? Have you repartitioned the system and data partition on your blade so that system partn is of less size? If not then whatever goes in system/app doesn't affects the space available on data partition.

bigbyte said:
That should do just fine, or you can use Titanium backup to uninstall maps. Further there is an FLB rom that has google maps as an extra.

But what are you going to achieve with it? Have you repartitioned the system and data partition on your blade so that system partn is of less size? If not then whatever goes in system/app doesn't affects the space available on data partition.
Can you tell me more about the partitioning thing and why is it that something i should do ??

I too have read a lot about people partitioning but never bothered to read about it :ashamed:

A quick gist would be appreicated.

nikhilpoddar said:
Does flb's rom has circular battery ?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
No it does not have as of now.

nikhilpoddar said:
Does flb's rom has circular battery ?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
You can get circular battery for FLB rom if you install a theme that has this. Go to frankish unified theme thread in modaco blade forum.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

raksrules said:
Can you tell me more about the partitioning thing and why is it that something i should do ??

Your phone's ROM comes partitioned with separate space allocated for system,data,recovery and bootloader. I never said that you should do partitioning of your phone's ROM. Some people used to do it to get more space for data partition and squeeze the system partition, but that is mostly not useful since with newer 2.2 ROMS you can move application to sd, (Automatically by A2sd or A2sd+ or manually using FROYO Standard Apps2FAT).

As told earlier in this thread, if you make a ext3 partition in your sd card and then install a ROM supporting A2sd, then a symbolic link is created to this partition as ../data/app. So whatever should go in data/app in ROM actually resides in sdcard. But this is transparent to all application. The firmware will show that apps are installed in phone while actual files are sitting on sdcard. For ROM's supporting A2sd+, the dalvik cache is also moved to sdcard.

Apps2FAT, as we normally use, doesn't requires any partitioning of sdcard and requires many applications to be moved manually and not all applications can be moved or work correctly when installed in FAT partition of sdcard.

memnom said:
Almost everyone here has done that and yes that incl me. Its very easy to do. Follow the steps exactly, u are good to go.
Is there anyone from chennai who can help me out...new to android..appreciate ur help..do pm me

rocker123 said:
I am on FLB r10b
just make a ext3 partition (256mb if you have 2gb card, 512mb if you have bigger than 2gb card) on your sdcard. You can do this using clockworkmod also, remember to take backup of your sdcard. After that wipe data/cach and re-flash with FLB r10b. All you application will now sit sdacard though the phone will recognize it installed locally on phone's ROM.

Back