ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

@coolraghav

So you managed to install clockwork or does it shows unrecognised?

Also make sure your setup files (clockwork,ROM) is placed in a directory whose name shouldnt contain a "SPACE". (before installing)

Install the ROM using recovery manager itself instead of doing it manually.

akshay7g said:
@coolraghav

So you managed to install clockwork or does it shows unrecognised?

Also make sure your setup files (clockwork,ROM) is placed in a directory whose name shouldnt contain a "SPACE". (before installing)

Install the ROM using recovery manager itself instead of doing it manually.
AFAIK when he installed clockwork it did show as "Unrecognized" when installing using Recover Manager. But that was the case with me too but clockwork on my phone works fine.

raksrules said:
AFAIK when he installed clockwork it did show as "Unrecognized" when installing using Recover Manager. But that was the case with me too but clockwork on my phone works fine.
Well the "Unrecognized" Clockwork didnt boot for me. Once I got the clockwork installed properly, everything went fine.

@coolraghav

1. Root the phone again.

2. Install the clockwork again (The directory name shouldnt contain any "SPACES"). It worked for me.

BTW I'm on Recovery partition_v.029b + clockwork-2.5.1.8 + FLB r8a

coolraghav said:
Please tell me..I installed recovery manager and then installed recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.6-blade.img

after it when I try going to recovery mode by pressing down volume button and the power button of the phone, it stucks on the android logo and never passes it.

Whereas the phone works totally phone, if i reboot it without pressing volume down button.

I have tried all versions of 'clockwork'

waiting for some help :S

i have already rooted the phone with UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5.apk
flash recovery using fastboot. I use only that method and has never failed me every.

Applanet app is force closing everytime after it got updated. I am on froyo FLB r8a. Anyone else facing the same ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

raksrules said:
Applanet app is force closing everytime after it got updated. I am on froyo FLB r8a. Anyone else facing the same ??
Found the solution. I had moved the applanet appto SD card which caused the FC issue. One should not move it to SD Card.

SunnyBoi said:
flash recovery using fastboot. I use only that method and has never failed me every.
For everyone, I downloaded clockwork directly to the mobile from browser and it completeley worked even the md5 were alright. (hmm?)

Using using froyo r9 recommended by rakrules and phone has totally changed..its awesome.fast..lovely.

Thanks to raksrules for helping me via phone.. :)

has any1 tried this one (ROM) htc sense look alike 2.2 on blade rom r2 - Android @ MoDaCo

does it seems updated ?

Got my phone a few days back.

Its currently on 2.1-update1

Put my voda sim in the phone, i can see full signal on the screen, im getting messages as well, but i cant make any calls.

any reasons for this problem ?

I guess my network settings are not in place..

Any help ?

Also please suggest the most stable ROm in 2.2 which gives good battery backup ..

Planning to upgrade ROM to FLB r10 when latest stable version arrives. But dont want to loose the apps.

What app should i use ??

Does Titanium backup works well, specifically when restoring the apps ??

Any other tried and tested app ??

Btw just checked the polls on modaco and JJ has taken a hit on its popularity and slid to under 30% using while FLB's popularity is rising.

You can flash ELB- r10b over r9b without doing a wipe... all your apps settings will be there. Titanium backup works absolutely fine for restoring apps.

^^Sorry did not mention before, but i am currently on r8a. Can i update without wipe ???

And yes finally i found the app i wanted, the T9 style numpad keyboard which is simplistic and works well (far better than Better Keyboard)

See the screenie

2nt9p4l.png

^^which app is this? I want this! I hate qwerty!

Also, is the Dell XCD 35 ROM available? I would like to try it out.

dell xcd35 ROM is available on modaco and i can upload it also but it is a very basic ROM with very less customization. Android 2.1

Back