ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Tried upgrading to flb-froyo-blade-r10b

I am stuck at the start up ...

Some "X" logo flashing ..(mix of 4 colors)

i cant go ahead of that screen..

Help !

can someone get me vodafone internet settings..do I need to get anything activated to do internet on mobile ?

and what do i have to do if i wanna use teether service ?

Thanks

Where can I find a 3-pin/2-pin to USB-port adapter..to charge the phone off the mains? The bundled one is UK-specific, I guess.

^^You can buy those universal adapters and use the UK charger. Me using the same. Also if you have a power strip at home, then i think it will directly accept the UK connector.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can anyone suggest me a good decent ringtone which i can use with my ZTE blade ? It seems the ringtone sound is not that good and so need something which will play good. Was planning to use the Sony ericsson default tone (which came with my w800i) but that does not sound good.

Need something which is decent (office use) and also can be heard loud enough (across the room) when ringer volume is full.

raksrules said:
^^You can buy those universal adapters and use the UK charger. Me using the same. Also if you have a power strip at home, then i think it will directly accept the UK connector.

Could you help me with a link for those universal adapters pls.? Ebay :ashamed:

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
will not that way.It says your phone is not 3G supported.
Same here. The trick is - insert your sim in a more known 3G phone (like Nokia, Samsung). Send 3G activation message and let the confirmation message come. Then you can insert the sim back to your ZTE Blade phone. To be on safer side, you can insert your sim back to your ZTE Blade after 3G is activated. :)

A small query ..

i just called up voda cc..

they told me to sms VMC to 56789 in order to use internet

3 rs got deducted from my balance.

Now m using the internet on my cell, but the "E" symbol on top remains even if i stop using the internet ..

Am i still being charged for it ?

Does that mean my GPRS is active, if yes then how do i stop the "E" thing ?

rocker123 said:
A small query ..

i just called up voda cc..

they told me to sms VMC to 56789 in order to use internet

3 rs got deducted from my balance.

Now m using the internet on my cell, but the "E" symbol on top remains even if i stop using the internet ..

Am i still being charged for it ?

Does that mean my GPRS is active, if yes then how do i stop the "E" thing ?
Yes your internet is still working and things like gmail, google calendar may be constantly syncing itself.

Suggest you do as follows

Go to Settings -> wireless and networks (first one) -> Mobile networks -> Uncheck Data enabled and Data roaming and the E sign should go away.

'Check' the same when you intend to use the internet and revert back after you are done using it. Constantly keeping the internet ON will have a hit on battery life too so better to keep data enabled unchecked unless needed.

raksrules said:
Yes your internet is still working and things like gmail, google calendar may be constantly syncing itself.

Suggest you do as follows

Go to Settings -> wireless and networks (first one) -> Mobile networks -> Uncheck Data enabled and Data roaming and the E sign should go away.

'Check' the same when you intend to use the internet and revert back after you are done using it. Constantly keeping the internet ON will have a hit on battery life too so better to keep data enabled unchecked unless needed.
You can do the same using data toggle switch of your power control widget available in almost all ROMS. If this switch is not available install widgetsoid from market. You can toggle between 2g/3g also.

Strange problem on Modaco r11. I cannot send any email from gmail app. It gets stuck on "sending..."
Anyone else on r11 facing the same issue?
Which is the best ROM according to you btw? I tried Japanese Jellyfish but found the r11 to be much better than that. Hoping to try CM7 or flb. Any suggestions guys?

Back