ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Wanted to know that phone recognizing those apps as on ROM (or is it phonE memory) makes any difference? Cant the same be achieved using the default froyo "move to sd card". Or is it any different ? Please let me know its pros and cons

bigbyte said:
just make a ext3 partition (256mb if you have 2gb card, 512mb if you have bigger than 2gb card) on your sdcard. You can do this using clockworkmod also, remember to take backup of your sdcard. After that wipe data/cach and re-flash with FLB r10b. All you application will now sit sdacard though the phone will recognize it installed locally on phone's ROM.
Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Some apps (like titanium backup and some widgets) do not work correctly when they are installed on sdcard using Froyo move to sdacrd. AFAIK raksrules also faced some problem with an application installed on sdcard (fat partition).

If the phone recognizes the application as installed on phone's memory (NAND), then it doesn't matters where it actually sits.

So can anyone point me to some tutorial about how to make the ext partition. I have 8gb card so what size of partition is recommended for me?

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how to have missed call and SMS notifications displayed on the homescreen? I've seen it on other Android phones; the FLB 10b ROM doesn't seem to have it though.

After 2 months, took out some time yday to update from JJ RLS7 to FLB r10b, updated clockwork to 3.0.0.6.

This seems to be faster than JJ.

Meanwhile, CM RC2 is out. Still seems to have some major issues like the proximity sensor problem. Watching closely, and will move to CM once the important problems iron out.

raksrules said:
Just few handful of SMS messages on my ZTE blade and it is already saying message memory full :S

What is the issue ??
which rom ? well not sure how this could happen. I have about 5300 odd messages in my blade and it still works fine. only in case of a thread with more than 1000 message the opening of the message is a issue.

also go to message->settings and check if there is a limit set on the number of text message.

I downloaded the latest r10b ROM and searched the system/app folder. There are few apps which i dont want to install as i never use them. Is is safe to remove these APKs from this ROM and then flash the ROM ??

Following APKs are the ones which i dont require

Gmail.apk

Voicesearch.apk

mms.apk

youtube.apk

Carhomegoogle.apk

carhomelauncher.apk

Barcode scanner.apk

Soundrecorder.apk

Notespad.apk

Yes you can do that. A safer method would be install normally and uninstall these application from titanium backup or system app remover.

bigbyte said:
Yes you can do that. A safer method would be install normally and uninstall these application from titanium backup or system app remover.
Ok so i removed few of the APKs from the system/app folder before flashing and still have few unwanted apps like news and weather etc etc which i will remove using titanium backup.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also Wanted to know what changes would i observe after i apply the gingerbread theme pack over FLB r10b?

One thing that has already been pointed out flibblesan is that the widgets in notifications bar will go away.

But what other changes can i expect ?

Please enlighten me as this will decide whether i should flash the GB theme or not.

Thanks in advance.

You better apply any Gingerbread theme from Frankish's unified theme thread. After that the widgets in notifications bar don't go away. You have many color options to choose, screenshots for each theme is there in that thread.

Back