ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

raksrules said:
5. I am not sure what is wrong with the signal bars / E/H data indicators. Just that sometimes they are white (greyish) and sometimes Green in colour. Not sure why.
Whenever the phone is connected to Google, i.e., gtalk, gmail logged in, it will show green. else grey. Its a gingerbread feature

Been on CM7 stable now for 3 days and just a few updates.

1 - I got one reboot while the phone was being charged.
2 - The battery life seems to be EXCELLENT. Can easily manage 40+ hours of normal usage and there's literally no drop in charge while the phone is idling, even for long hours.

Guys do you know of any place where I can get silicone case, screen protectors for Orange SF in bangalore?

Silicon Case ---Not available in Bangalore....only source ebay.com/ebay UK
Screen Protector --- Get an Iphone 3G Screen Protector and cut it to size. Get Princo/Screen Ward. Around 50 bucks in SP Road for genuine Screen Ward ones with hologram. Exact ones available in ebay.com

Nokia E71's Silicone case is an almost perfect fit. U can cut out holes for the buttons.

Scratchgard.in has screen protectors for Dell XCD35 which would fit perfectly since they are both same phones.

arun687 said:
Been on CM7 stable now for 3 days and just a few updates.

1 - I got one reboot while the phone was being charged.

2 - The battery life seems to be EXCELLENT. Can easily manage 40+ hours of normal usage and there's literally no drop in charge while the phone is idling, even for long hours.

While my phone was being charged off PC using USB cable, it rebooted once.

Using wall charger at home, the phone completely shut off itself, just dont know when. So the reboot/shut down while charging does exist.

Btw i too feel that the battery is really good, but as an overview can you tell what is your usage, like mine is some, 10-15MB data usage, 2-3 minutes calls (yes that less), some fiddling, screen brightness set to 15% types but have now increased to 40% due to poor visibility in sunlight on low brightness.

Also overnight when phone is not used, the charge level remains same or may be drops by 1% but not more which is very good.

Currently at 81%. Last unplugged 12 hours back and that too only charged upto 91% but my usage in last 12 hours has been very less.

How much memory card are you using? I am planning on getting either 4 or 8 GB memory card.

Which memory card and class to go for so, that I get maximum performance.

tutysara said:
How much memory card are you using? I am planning on getting either 4 or 8 GB memory card.

Which memory card and class to go for so, that I get maximum performance.
I am using a Kingston 8GB class 4th. Card which I got with the phone. I would suggest that rather than buying the higher class expensive card, get a card that fits in your budget. Then apply the SD Card fix which drastically improves the sd card read speeds. Don't buy 16th GB cards for now since I think not all work with blade. Some information about that is given on modaco forums.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Personally I always had a bad experience with those low cost Screen protectors. They are thick, reduce visibility and always give rainbow effect. Time2shop has introduced some reasonably priced branded stuff that hopefully should be good but they are not available for our ZTE blade. The best you can get locally in India is Scratchgard for Rs. 300. eBay India: ORIGINAL ScratchGard Screen Protector for Dell XCD35 (item 380331523122 end time 18-Apr-2011 01:56:09 IST) . I know the price is more but the quality is also good. I've used scratchgard products for many of my gadgets including Blade.

For Skin case, the local option is E71 case. I'm using one made by CAPDASE, the quality is excellent but holes position are not exact match, though the case fits perfectly.

For my friend I'd ordered and received Nillikin case from ebay uk. It's an exact fir and quality is also good. It gives your phone a very sturdy look and you get one or two reasonably good quality screen protectors with it. Costs around 6 GBP shipped to India.

raksrules said:
I am using a Kingston 8GB class 4th. Card which I got with the phone. I would suggest that rather than buying the higher class expensive card, get a card that fits in your budget. Then apply the SD Card fix which drastically improves the sd card read speeds. Don't buy 16th GB cards for now since I think not all work with blade. Some information about that is given on modaco forums.

I bought a sandisk class4 16gb from prime for my SE zylo and it works fine with the OSF.

Has anyone here noticed that the signal indicator in CM7 does not actually show the proper signal strength. I have installed an application named Phono which shows signal strength in terms of percentage and it showed me 40% while I was getting full bars.

Guys, does buying this phone still makes sense? Now that the LG O1 prices have dropped a lot, is buying O1 a better option?

Please pour in your suggestions, someone coming from UK next month can get me this phone, need to decide before that..

Also, where do we order in UK? Can it be bought from physical stores?

The blade has a much better display compared to the optimus one. probably cheaper too.

^^ Thanks for replying.. But I guess they dont have the AMOLED display anymore, so is i still remarkably better then O1??

Also, what are the current prices there? On amazon its listed at 139 Pounds, which is a more than for O1 price in India

Back