ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

I guess there were some issues with the touch interface with the stock rom and many are using CM7.
Will I be able to install Ntracks from LG market or from some apk if I upgrade to a custom rom

Ndrive app installation file will be there in the supplied SD Card, you can always install it from there.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

^^But that setup will have some sort of checks to ensure that it is not blatantly ripped from their device and installed on other phones. Btw i do have Ndrive installed in my blade. Never use it though. India maps are about 230 MB in size. But no photo/3D maps or anything like what they have for some other countries.

okay wait, so OSF with Adreno 200 can't play all HD games at 800x480, so can the MOTO DEFY with PowerVR SGX 530 or Galasy SL with the same PowerVR SGX 530 power all HD games at 800x480?

I know Adreno 200 is the lowest end GPU in mobiles right now, and SGX 530 is the PowerVR's equivalent low end. SO, can SGX 530 run all games? If not, that puts Moto Defy and Galaxy SL out of my choices.

Has anyone upgraded his/her OSF?Blade from Gen1 to Gen2. With so many people on this forum praising about CM7 and newer builds of CM7 releasing only for Gen2, I feel it is better that I upgrade to GEN2 before switching to CM7.

^^ You can install CM7 on Gen1 also (not sure about the very latest build). I have not converted to Gen2 but am using CM7 stable. It is working fine for me.

I too want to convert to Gen2 but only after something worthwhile comes in terms of software for the Gen2. Like a newer ROM or drastic changes to CM ROM.

^ Yes, will have to upgrade at some point. I will wait for a month or so for significant improvement in CM7 and then take the plunge to gen2. As of now, CM7 stable is rock solid apart from couple of niggles like usb tethering, rare shutdowns during charging etc.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Also the accelerometer issue persist. Yesterday while playing NFS shift i was not feeling very much comfortable because of accelerometer not registering the tilts properly.

Btw in NFS shift i have noticed that even if the speed shows like 180-220 kmph(may be mph...dont know), i feel the car is not going that fast. I mean if it going at 200 speed, we should feel that speed in game but i dont, feel like it is going at constant rate always.

arun687 said:
^ Yes, will have to upgrade at some point. I will wait for a month or so for significant improvement in CM7 and then take the plunge to gen2. As of now, CM7 stable is rock solid apart from couple of niggles like usb tethering, rare shutdowns during charging etc.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Same here. Rare blank outs is the only issue here. Will wait for a month or so before jumping to Gen 2.

comp@ddict said:
okay wait, so OSF with Adreno 200 can't play all HD games at 800x480, so can the MOTO DEFY with PowerVR SGX 530 or Galasy SL with the same PowerVR SGX 530 power all HD games at 800x480?

I know Adreno 200 is the lowest end GPU in mobiles right now, and SGX 530 is the PowerVR's equivalent low end. SO, can SGX 530 run all games? If not, that puts Moto Defy and Galaxy SL out of my choices.
anybody on this?

Update: just saw some of the people having problems with GPS after converting to Gen2 plus converter for CM7 from Gen2 to Gen1 is also out. So I feel it is wiser to wait before converting to Gen2 as the reverse thing is not possible ATM.

^^ Yes there are GPS crashing problems with Gen2. I am currently very much satisfied with CM7 and feel no need to convert to Gen2. In case i plan to do it, will weight all pros and cons and see the current scenario at that time and then go ahead.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Btw there is this thread on modaco. Did not get what it is actually for ? :S

CM7 universal converter - Android @ MoDaCo

^^ That converter is the saviour for all folks who do not want to change the Blade from Gen 1 to Gen 2. Basically, if you are on a Gen 1 Blade and still want to install the latest CM7 Nightly 41 (which is only for Gen 2 Blades), you will have to do this: Install the N41 on your Gen1 Blade, install the converter zip, and reboot. The N41 will now work on the gen 1 Blade. :p

^^This is the best thing then :p

Because i am super reluctant to change my blade's version. I have not yet seen any serious advantages of Gen2 over Gen1 which will want us to change. Is there any ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Damn every other thing for this blade has a workaround :)

^^ None whatsoever. The only reason I was holding back on CM7 was the need to convert Gen1 to Gen2. Now, I'll take the plunge, but just not yet. A month down the line maybe.

raksrules said:
Damn every other things for this blade has a workaround :)
LOL yes, the community support behind this little budget phone is hilarious. Sure has made ZTE a lot popular than before.

I'm refraining myself from installing any new version of CM7 with converter, or upgrading to Gen2, for 2-4 weeks. Will only do so once there's considerable improvement in CM7. As of now, there's little change between N41 and Stable release. Also, comments seem to indicate that overall CM7 is more stable on Gen1 than on Gen2 at the moment.

Ok, i'm a little confused. the cm7 forum doesn't seem to mention gen2 as a prerequisite to installing cm7 stable. if i want to install the latest stable version (not nightly), do i still need to convert to gen2 or use the convertor or can it just be done on gen1?

Back