ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

comp@ddict said:
okay wait, so OSF with Adreno 200 can't play all HD games at 800x480, so can the MOTO DEFY with PowerVR SGX 530 or Galasy SL with the same PowerVR SGX 530 power all HD games at 800x480?

I know Adreno 200 is the lowest end GPU in mobiles right now, and SGX 530 is the PowerVR's equivalent low end. SO, can SGX 530 run all games? If not, that puts Moto Defy and Galaxy SL out of my choices.
come on, somebody!!!!

raksrules said:
^^ For comparative analysis, you can check the below Link

ZTE Blade vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

Below is Blade (not XCD35) vs O1

• Assume both screens to be TFT as no OLED ZTE blade now.
  • Screen size of blade is 480 x 800 pixels, 3.5 inches vis-a-vis 320 x 480 pixels, 3.2 inches of O1
  • Internal memory - Although the link shows 150 MB but with a memory repartitioning you can get 300 MB. I have 322 MB internal memory on my blade
  • In case you get a Gen1 phone of blade, you can make it Gen2 which unlocks an additional (i think 850 Mhz) frequency and also 3G upload is increased.
  • Blade can be overclocked till 800 Mhz theoretically but IMO practically upto 691 Mhz i found no issues.

Blade can be bought for less than 8000 if you have someone in UK. But still you can lookout for FS threads on market.
I too may sell my OLED later but only when nokias with new symbian UI (not the refreshed one...dhruv we need more inputs, getting impatient :p) come in.

Please help me, how to do the repartition of internal memory ?

I ordered one from letsbuy...Now I need to go through 50 pages of the thread to understand and use the phoen properly::( :(

Can anyone summarize what I need to do in order for the below:

run the phone on froyo

install all android apps and games

Anything else?

^^First things first....

Since you have ordered a Dell XCD35 most probably you will get a froyo on your phone. It may also be a GEN2 phone. I suggest you install Mr Pigfish app on your phone, run it to know what Generation you have.

With android you have plethora of apps and many of them junk. So decide on what thing you want to do and then search for app. As for startup, install a good launcher if you dont like stock. Something like launcher pro or go launcher ex, install appbrain, this makes searching app more convenient that default market app.
Check out the top 10 apps thread in this mobile section.
Some more apps and for YGPM ;)

^ well the phone u will be getting will most probably running 2.1 . Go to dell service center to upgrade it to 2.2 . This way you keep the warranty ofcourse :D

To install any app in your phone , open market and download any free/paid app . Apps will be automatically installed .

And there is always applanet :) . google it .

If you need to install custom rom , check this link - Installing Custom Rom on Gen 1 Blade

Just yesterday my wise friend purchased XCD35 from his relatives shop in Ghatkopar for Rs.12k + 300 for screen guard. :O It came with 2.1.

BTW, about 10 days ago i got Orange SF for my sister and she doesnt like it at all. :bleh:

vercetti said:
Guys...I registered in applanet but how do I download apps now:(...sorry for my ignorance
You dont really need to register at applanet to use it. It has its own app which you have to download (similar to appbrain) and then from with the applanet app there are various categories etc which you can browse or directly search and download.

CM7 stable seems to be buggy compared to rc4 and nightlies as reported on the forums. can someone who's tried both tell me which is the better of RC4 and nightly39 since i don't want to switch to gen2 just yet.

So i am trying to flash Orange SF Blade gen1 Oled for the first time.

Download to your Phones SD Card

* UniversalAndroot v1.6.1 <---Got the file.
* ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.34b (check you get the right one - 0.34b) <--- I can find .36b. Is it ok??
* Clockwork 3.0.2.4 (recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-g1.img) - not the ZIP file <---got it.

Can i proceed? Please tell, i am doing this for the first time and dont want to brick this. :ashamed:

Julian said:
You should check the md5s before you flash anything to your phone. go to the ZTE Blade ROMs & ROM customisation - Android @ MoDaCo forum and read the threads on flashing recovery and upgrading roms carefully. and then follow the instructions to the T. you should be ok.
Yes i am doing everything after reading threads on Modaco. However, in the main guide, it says

# Open Astro File Manager from the App Drawer - browse to the recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-g1.img file
# Hold your finger on the file and choose Details - check the the MD5 Sum is 8bdd0433953788a75bebd0c2899de0df - if not re-download the file.

But from where i download, its written 456ad01a7c27d75cacfb78f95c37a980. Now where do i get that old file with that MD5? Or am i being noobier? I just dont want to brick the phone, thats all !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: And CM7 it is !!

I just got a XCD35 but it says it has 420MB memory, is that possible? I've heard that it comes with only 256MB of RAM.

I also would like to root my phone and get CM7, can somebody link me to a good guide. BTW its Gen2 and running froyo.

Back