ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

After using-

-de-softened Alpha r0.3

-CyanogenMod for Blade - 7.0.0 STABLE

-Swedish Spring RLS5

-FLB-Froyo G2

I am settling for FLB G2. Main reason it being "smoothest" without any OC :p

Otherwise there isnt much difference between all the 2.2 ROMs.

Same here, didn't see any improvement with CM7 so reverted back to stock. I probably won't be using that much customization either.

I should have taken the nandroid backup of RLS4b before moving to CM7. I did not. Will most probably be installing RLS5 tonight.

Found nothing good enough for my liking which keeps me with CM7.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I should have taken the nandroid backup of RLS4b before moving to CM7. I did not. Will most probably be installing RLS5 tonight.
Found nothing good enough for my liking which keeps me with CM7.

Guys I am on SS Rls2 and wanted to know if there is any need of me upgrading to the Rls 5, if yes, then please tell me what is better init, is the O/C set to default ?

Please, answer asap, I have already taken backups of apps and iother small things..

Do I need a full wipe from Rls2 or not?

I also have changed the system partition as stated in Modaco and as explained by Raksrules here :)

SO do I need to change my partition to a default and then reapply the changes to the partition or let it be the same way and continue ??

I just found out that this is the best modded version of the SS Rls5, it has been qworked upon by LanceH who has tweaked and or added and subtracted things in the rom !!

[ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remix2 - Phat One - Android @ MoDaCo

Changed back to SS RLS5 yesterday. Feeling better with this ROM.

After flashing the ROM, many of my apps got automatically downloaded and installed, possibly google had synced them. But i am not sure how we can check this setting. Because some of the apps i had already installed before the ROM flashing were also installed back by google (or whatever).

Need someone with CM7 installed on blade to confirm this. Please install and run the app "quick system info" (its free) and check under sensors, it will probably show 9 sensors.

But in case of SS RLS5 (basically froyo ROM), it shows 6 sensors namely

AK8973 Compass

AK8973 Compass Raw

Lis302dl (dont know what this is)

AK8973 Magnetic field

Ambient light

proximity

What is more in CM7 and why the same is not in SS ROM ?? :S

^

AK8973 Compass

AK8973 Compass Raw

Lis302dl

AK8973 Magnetic field

Ambient light

Proximity

Gravity Sensor

Linear Acceleration sensor

Rotation Vector Sensor

^^ Can you tell what exactly is the file name and where is available ?? I will try to post mine here

I think it is the gps.conf available in /system/etc

Also can you tell as to how did you verify that AGPS is not working for you on SS RLS5? ?

yes....its in /system/etc

to check a-gps working or not...make sure that "use gps satellite" option is enabled under location and security << settings , also enable data connection

now start map application , gps icon on status bar will start blinking(searching for satellite)...when it stops blinking /stays stable then agps is working

just try it outside,in open sky.

mine has following.... what i think is, the NTP server is not working

NTP_SERVER=xtra1.gpsonextra.net

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

# DEBUG LEVELS: 0 - none, 1 - Error, 2 - Warning, 3 - Info

# 4 - Debug, 5 - Verbose

DEBUG_LEVEL = 3

# Intermediate position report, 1=enable, 0=disable

INTERMEDIATE_POS=0

# Accuracy threshold for intermediate positions

# less accurate positions are ignored, 0 for passing all positions

# ACCURACY_THRES=5000

################################

##### AGPS server settings #####

# FOR SUPL SUPPORT, set the following

# SUPL_HOST=supl.host.com or IP

# SUPL_PORT=1234

# FOR C2K PDE SUPPORT, set the following

# C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com or IP

# C2K_PORT=1234

# EXTRA SETTINGS

^^ I tried what you mentioned but sitting here inside my office cubicle. The GPS thing flashed as expected and data connection is also been used obviously because it is google maps and it requires data connection. It showed me my current location properly (approximate that is) without actual GPS being used. But the GPS icon is still flashing for me in the status bar and there is no way it will get any GPS signal here in my office.

So i think it works.

I tried Ndrive and Sygic mobile maps but it seems they do not use the AGPS at so they were sort of useless in determining the problem.

But then i used LOCUS with Nokia OVI maps and using AGPS it accurately detected my position. Also tried yahoo maps with locus and that too detected it fine.

^^ it started working for me...when gps icon stays stable,it shows u dynamic(real-time) position of your cellphone (useful while driving/traveling)

edited the following in config file

NTP_SERVER=europe.pool.ntp.org

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

ACCURACY_THRES=100

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

raksrules said:
Need someone with CM7 installed on blade to confirm this. Please install and run the app "quick system info" (its free) and check under sensors, it will probably show 9 sensors.

But in case of SS RLS5 (basically froyo ROM), it shows 6 sensors namely

AK8973 Compass

AK8973 Compass Raw

Lis302dl (dont know what this is)

AK8973 Magnetic field

Ambient light

proximity

What is more in CM7 and why the same is not in SS ROM ?? :S

install elixir app from market it will show the sensors ans well as the vendor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tech_enthu said:
Guys I am on SS Rls2 and wanted to know if there is any need of me upgrading to the Rls 5, if yes, then please tell me what is better init, is the O/C set to default ?

Please, answer asap, I have already taken backups of apps and iother small things..

Do I need a full wipe from Rls2 or not?

I also have changed the system partition as stated in Modaco and as explained by Raksrules here :)

SO do I need to change my partition to a default and then reapply the changes to the partition or let it be the same way and continue ??

I just found out that this is the best modded version of the SS Rls5, it has been qworked upon by LanceH who has tweaked and or added and subtracted things in the rom !!

[ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remix2 - Phat One - Android @ MoDaCo
Check out the change log from RLS2 till RLS5 and decide if you really want to upgrade. But i would recommend upgrading since you dont need to wipe as it is the same ROM, Just an upgraded version.

I am not sure about the remixed version as i never tried that, just used the normal version.

For system partition, i suggest you keep that cache2tmps (or whatever it is) zip file on your SD card and then proceed with ROM installation. After ROM is installed, use the quick system info app to check what cache size it shows, if it shows 42 MB then you are done, if it shows 2MB then shut off the phone and reboot in clockwork and apply the cache2tmps.zip and reboot normally and again check in quick system info, it should now be back to 42 MB. Report here if you encounter any issue.

My friend has gone to dell service center with his XCD35 for 2.2 official upgrade. Hopefully i will be able to share the rom dump here today or tomorrow. How to do that anyway?? :p

^^ ok i found that but i dont see any guide with it. How about this . Dont want to brick his phone so please help me be safe.

EDIT - Ok got it.

Well well well. The dell people couldnt upgrade, the guy said proper port is not being discovered by the computer so they are gonna give a replacement in 4-5 working days. :(

Dellxcd35 screen protector by scratchgard, available on ebay. Costs around 250 but much better than those Chinese 5x and 7x products. They take the fun out of your excellent screen and give rise to rainbow effect. Avoid them if you want to take full maja of your screen.

Back