ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

My wife has an OLED one and I have TFT one. I have not noticed any difference so far in terms of screen whether in daylight or not.

^^^Thanks for the links..

Okay. So it is still a good option you all suggest..

But what are the key differentiators from the LG O1?

Even if we consider these prices, O1 would be at same price..

So is it so good that we opt for a phone w/o warranty?

^^ For comparative analysis, you can check the below Link

ZTE Blade vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

Below is Blade (not XCD35) vs O1

• Assume both screens to be TFT as no OLED ZTE blade now.
  • Screen size of blade is 480 x 800 pixels, 3.5 inches vis-a-vis 320 x 480 pixels, 3.2 inches of O1
  • Internal memory - Although the link shows 150 MB but with a memory repartitioning you can get 300 MB. I have 322 MB internal memory on my blade
  • In case you get a Gen1 phone of blade, you can make it Gen2 which unlocks an additional (i think 850 Mhz) frequency and also 3G upload is increased.
  • Blade can be overclocked till 800 Mhz theoretically but IMO practically upto 691 Mhz i found no issues.

Blade can be bought for less than 8000 if you have someone in UK. But still you can lookout for FS threads on market.
I too may sell my OLED later but only when nokias with new symbian UI (not the refreshed one...dhruv we need more inputs, getting impatient :p) come in.

^^^ Thanks for the details man. I really appreciate..

Hmm... So, the display is the major differentiator between both.

Rest all the specs seems identical. Is there any performance difference between these 2?

But going by some of the other links, it seems the battery is weak point.

Is it so, how long does it lasts guys???

OSF has 1250 mAh battery and O1 has 1500mAh battery.. so obviously O1 holds charge for longer time

edit: depends on the ROM you use as well, its performance and power usage

Okay, so does every HD game work? Because I read on some forum that games like SpiderMan even refuse to start.

So anybody can tell which games don't work(major titles only)?

i guess that along with the game they also give the minimum specifications required....
i saw a discussion on modaco. they don't seem to work fine

edit: i am getting my OSF tommorow most probably

comp@ddict said:
Okay, so does every HD game work? Because I read on some forum that games like SpiderMan even refuse to start.

So anybody can tell which games don't work(major titles only)?

HD Games dont work properly on the SF, even when overclocked. Asphalt is OK but laggy. I tried Big Bros and it is too laggy to even play a min. Most of the HD games will not work which work fine on the Galaxy S. Basic games like angry birds, doodle jump, ninjump, robo defense etc work fine.

clown_abhi said:
HD Games dont work properly on the SF, even when overclocked. Asphalt is OK but laggy. I tried Big Bros and it is too laggy to even play a min. Most of the HD games will not work which work fine on the Galaxy S. Basic games like angry birds, doodle jump, ninjump, robo defense etc work fine.
hmm.. bummer... won't be buying this phone then.

I was always under the impression that LG optimus has a better sound and cam than OSF.

The cam in OSF is not upto the mark.

The sound is also very low.

Guys who have seen both OSF and P500 what do you feel.

Well here is the prob in OSF...due to its 800X480 it more difficult for the Aging Adreno 200 GPU to drive for HD games. LG Opti One P500 on the other hand is driving just a 480 X 320 resolution and hence is more snappier in the games or apps involving heavy graphics. The 3.2 MP unit of the P500 is much better than the OSF. As of the sound once you have CM7 on the OSF with equalizer its more or less same as P500. But the biggest advantage I see is the Navigation software with full India Maps(Ndrive) being bundled with the P500 :)

For now at 8.7k the P500 is the way to go with local warranty :) unless u get an OLED OSF at 9k or below :)

Back